“Far away from city” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Paris
“Far away from city”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

everything is perfect and it's good hotel
but if you want to visit the city and you don't have any car, you should use public transportation ,it will take more than 1.5 hour to get to the city center from the hotel !!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Arnaud V, Manager at Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Your evaluation of our various services and facilities is very much appreciated, since it is only through guests, such as yourself, that I can make sure our standards meet our guests' needs.

Regarding the distance for Paris City Center a Free shuttle service to Paris is available from our Hotel, every Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays :

Departure from the Millennium Paris Charles de Gaulle to the Millennium Paris
Opera (12, boulevard Haussmann 75009 Paris) at the following schedule:

Departure from Millennium CDG at 10:30 am
Pick up at the Millennium Hotel Paris Opera at 08:00 pm

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Arnaud VERMERIE
Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Greek first
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed here to recover some from the 11 hour flight from Cape Town. The rooms may need some updating but they were clean and fresh. It was a bit of a challenge finding the courtesy bus pickup point but we were finally directed to it a couple levels above the train station at CDG.
The lobby and restaurants look good. We had a fine dinner of cod on risotto and desert of limoncello basil tiramisu that was surprisingly good.

When you're stuck at the airport on purpose on because of a cancelled flight you are at the mercy of the bad planning for the CDG hotel area. There are no bars or restaurants other than what's open in your hotel. If you can find something post it. Luckily, the Millennium was staffed, open, and serving good food and wine.

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Your kind and constructive comments will further help us motivate our staff members and have been communicated to the persons concerned.

Best Regards
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My company used to send at the Millenium for lay-over and my god I am so happy the finally moved us to a nicer hotel!!!
Rooms are filthy,they really smell!!Beds have probably the same age as my granny but i think she is in a much better shape than the mattress....
TV is not even in front of the bed (that i will never understand...).
Service is nowhere to be found.For breakfast you really have to wait for pretty much anything if you don't go down the 1st one....No spoon for your coffee,no glasses for juice or no cup for coffee...In the pub downstairs there is a female waiter/bartender who is as welcoming and warm as a jail door....Worst thing is that the management know about it but since french law are quite protective they can't do anything...
So to sum up....well stay somewhere else...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
nj
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed here one night. Hotel and room very nice but service was subpar. When I checked they said we will call you when your room is ready....I waited in the lobby in front of their nose but I had to go up after an hour to get my room...no notice. The Irish pub was nice and the food was good, but the wait staff were indifferent. When I asked about the complimentary airport bus, they said they would check and see if it had a wheelchair ramp.....never called back. In the morning the front desk said they knew nothing about a ramp. I got to the "Black Bus" and they told me the ramp was broken. A few kind men helped lift my wheelchair into the bus. We got to the airport railroad and station, and the driver told me that he could make the ramp work.....a miracle. If you want poor sevice this is your hotel.

Room Tip: Dont trust the staff, check out the room first.
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time and trouble to inform us about your recent stay at the Millennium Hotel Paris Charles De Gaulle.

We read your remarks with great concern and we are very sorry to learn that you were disappointed with the overall level of service during your last stay.

Please rest assured that the necessary actions have been taken to avoid reoccurrence. We have discussed your comments with the department heads concerned and I hope you will be able to see some improvements in the future.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience and I hope these incidents will not tarnish the image we strive to achieve here at the Millennium Hotel Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport.

Yours sincerely,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel while working in Paris. The hotel rooms were very hot and the air conditioning did not seem to work, when we asked about this a technician was sent the next day but nothing had changed.

On checking in to the hotel only two people were on the desk and there was around 15 people waiting and this was at 10pm!

Rooms very clean although sometimes my tea and coffee was replenished but other days not.

There was always a good selection for breakfast but spoons, milk, butter etc would run out quick and no one seemed to check this regularly.

On vacating the hotel I asked for the hotel evaluation form from reception the staff member completely dismissed my request left me waiting and ignored me and so I have left my feedback here.

• Stayed October 2012
Arnaud V, Manager at Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

It is with great concern that I took note of your valuable comments regarding your stay at the Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle and I would like to excuse myself for the bad experience you met.

As Rooms Division Manager of the Millennium Hotel Paris CDG Airport, I can assure you that all points raised have been taken seriously into consideration, and that I will investigate and make sure that these kind of issues will no longer happen in the future.

Feedback such as yours helps us to improve upon the standards of excellence that Millennium & Copthorne are striving to achieve.

Sincerely yours
San antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This hotel was advertised as a Four star hotel near the CDG Airport in Paris. Since we had a 12 hour layover I booked it. When we arrived the Desk clerk was very helpful and polite. That is the only nice thing I have to say about this hotel. When we got to our room it had a very somky smell to it. Even the Rug which looked to be at least thirty years old also gave off a musty odor. The air conditioner did not work because they shiut the air off on the 1st of October and turn the heat on. So the room was about 85 degrees with the heat shut off. The shower only allowed you to get luke warm to cold water. The bed was to soft and the pillow was like sleepinging on a postage stamp with a Q-tip on top. Since it was so warm in the room we opened the window. The problem with this is that there is a main street that has traffic all night and morning. Ended up shutting the window then had to deal with the hot room and the musty smell. Only managed to get about 3 hours sleep. If I had it to do all over again I would rather wait in the Airport. Next time I will stay at the Best Western, Holiday Inn, or the Marriott. We used Priceline to get this Four Star hotel under there 45% off deal. This is where you either Bid or take the special price they already have. The problem with this is when you go that route your do not get the name of the Hotel until after you pay. This always worked out fior me when doing this in the USA. I recommend not doing this when traveling abroad.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel. Try staying with and American Brand if you are just there for a Lay-Over.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I thought I got a good rate until I got to the room. Old, smelly, holes in carpet. Even worse: it was hot as hell. They had turned on the heat and it was stifling. I called the front desk and was told to open the window. Which brought in bugs and airplane noise. Room service was incredibly slow and my fries were cold. Overall unprofessional, difficult porter services, hot hot hot, difficulty sleeping. Not worth it at any price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle? Share your experiences!