“A very comfortable Hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2 nights = up to 40% off
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Auckland Central, New Zealand
“A very comfortable Hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Enjoyed being able to make tea in room. Dinner was very good especially the "duck".
Made use of the frequent free shuttle bus which takes you to the station where you get a train to the terminals.
Very helpful staff on front desk.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

H1245RM, Responsable réception at Mercure Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Patti C,

Many thanks for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Mercure Roissy CDG Airport. We are always very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay among us, especially the food at the restaurant, our chief Pascal Bourgeois will be honoured to hear it. Do not hesitate to taste our new card for your next visit. It will always be a pleasure to welcome you.

Thanks & best regards.

Room Division Mgr.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel with dinner on arrival at Orly airport and went straight there with a taxi. However, at dinner, I had to constantly remind them of the conditions (what I was entitled to) of my dinner. After the restaurant had consulted with reception for a while, I was informed I had not paid for dinner but rather parking. On further consultations, the reception admitted to it's error. Now at check out the next day, my receipt read dinner for two!!! I left for breakfast to give them time to sort it out only to get back and be told they where right. I was now livid with anger as I was now running late for my flight it was eventually resolved and they said my account will be credited and I hope so!!!
Make sure you go through your bill and give ample time to sort out differences before checkout.
But for the billing issue, I would have given this hotel four stars

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
H1245RM, Responsable réception at Mercure Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Mrs Mfon I,

Thanks for sharing your experience in our hotel. I am really sorry to read the inconvenience happened during your stay with billing instructions. Make sure the necessary measures are to be taken in order to avoid such kind of problems.
Please accept our deep apologize for that. I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you for you next stay in our hotel.

Best Regards

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This 4 star hotel near CDG is more a 3 star, rooms are very outdated, gym is not worth mentioning and breakfast is 18 euros and not that good. The shower had no curtain nor glass, the towels where very cheap and thin, the a/c did not work at all, and the windows had no screen, thank god it wasn't a hot summer day! The internet was ok but you only get 6 hours free and you cannot download anything or make skype calls on it. On the other hand the service is excellent. The shuttle to/from CDG back is free and u can take any of the shuttles that go to Marriott or Relais spa nearby ( both much better hotels to) if u don't mind walking a block or two and get there faster. There is a small Carrefour and Casino mini markets nearby where u can buy food. Sadly most hotels around CDG are mediocre, exept for the 5 star ones of course. Thsi hotel will be revamped in 2014, hopefully then it will deserve its 4 star status.

Room Tip: There is none
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest From Toronto,

Thank your for having taken time to send a comment regarding your recent stay at Mercrure CDG Airport. Our fitness has just opened few weeks ago, but it seems that our guests use it.
I am sorry to read that the A/C did not work, regarding our rooms and shower they should be renovated next year. And we hope that you will make the pleasure to visit us after our works.
Do not hesitate to contact me for your next reservation !

Sincerely yours,

Room Division Mgr
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Let's face it - if you're staying at the Mercure in Roissy it's likely driven by a necessity to be close to the airport (early flight, short transit, flight cancellation).

The Mercure is purely functional. Don't be expecting exceptional (or even good!) service, a gastronomic feast at breakfast or any plush furnishings. The service is efficient enough, though staff do not make any effort to make you feel welcome. The food is generic and uninspirational, of a mediocre standard. The room is basic, clean enough but tired and worn round the edges.

The free wifi is a bother, one of those that makes you sign in after every 5 minutes of idling.

It's well worth venturing out of the hotel and wandering into Roissy village, a short stroll away through the park opposite the hotel. It's rather picturesque and there are a few restaurants and watering holes for you to spend the evening rather than wasting it in sitting by the depressing formica tables of the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your interesting comments. Indeed lots of our guests are staying in our hotel due to the closeness of CDG international Airport, but we also have lots of guests staying here the
whole week and every week for business reason.

I apologize regarding the wifi, I know it can be irratating sometimes to reconnect but once your are connected you have 6 hours first before signing again. I am glad to see that you enjoyed Roissy Village and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again.

Thanks & best regards.

Room Division Mgr
Macau
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on 21 September due to the flight delay because of the typhoon in HK. This also led to the most (negatively) impressive hotel experience I have never had in my travel history.

I checked in the hotel around 11 something at night. The check-in was fast, but the staff put on a long face and gave no active explanation on the time for breakfast and lunch. My first impression on the hotel is that it needs renovation and the design is not updated. The room is spacious, but again it is very old-fashioned. Generally, it is clean after all.

Then, I called the Reception to ask if there was any toothpaste. I was not surprised when they said no as it is Europe. But I was really surprised when I was asked to get it at the Reception on my own. What an experience!! This is the first experience I had when I asked for toothpaste!! When I was there in the lobby and asked for the toothpaste, the staff had to ask around where the toothpaste was and his colleague showed him that it was just stored in the shelf behind! It is difficult to figure out why a Front Office staff could be unfamiliar with their facilities and work station. When I made further request on a pair of slippers, one of them simply opened the shelf, saying 'No! That's all we have!! No slippers!' And then, he shrugged his shoulders. No signs of apology, leaving the guest unsatisfied. I was not upset with the unavailability of slippers, it was the awful attitude. No respect at all! Or, they are lack of Housekeeping staff?

On the second day, when I asked for a late check-out, the lady (Miss Sonia) put on a straight face immediately, saying that I must check out at 14:00 or I could pay for a late check-out ON THE SPOT. She even emphasized rudely, "Of course, you have to pay now if you want to check out at 18:00!" I could accept to pay for a late check-out and understood that the airline did not pay for it. But the whole interaction with Miss Sonia was really disappointing! I asked her politely and she was very arrogant and was not ready to help. I calmed down at that moment and decided to gave a comment on their service upon my departure.

Please, a late check-out was not a big deal for me. She could explain and deliver the whole interaction in a softer tone. I was the guest and I was there to pay for her service. And it seems that Miss Sonia was there to raise a quarrel and was upset with my late check-out! What was her mindset? If she thought that her service quality will vary because I am an Asian who doesn't speak French, then what is the point of working at an international hotel where accommodates people of different races? Kindly be reminded not to raise one corner of the month so as to prevent throwing out a scornful facial expression.

The hotel is so-so physically. The Front Office (Reception) Team made everything even worse. As a property belonging to the Accor group, it is difficult to accept the service quality the team portrayed during my stay. Kindly suggest the Front Office Manager and the Training Manager to arrange training sessions on greetings, attitudes (body languages and friendly smiles) and active listening skills.

No matter how well-equipped a hotel is, the guest's stay can be a disaster if the staff are not professional, well-trained and patient. Besides, this property is not that perfect physically and it can even deliver this kind of heartless service. Please note that, though my stay was arranged by the airline and I did not pay, their service was paid by the airline and they earn money after all. They cannot overlook guests of any kinds and any purpose for stay.

I was really upset with the service provided by Mercure Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle. PLEASE STRENGTHEN YOUR SERVICE SENSE!! What a shame to the Accor Group!

P.S. The F&B service team (Restaurant) is customer-oriented, humane and amiable! Well done!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Bristol
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We had a pleasant stay in this hotel marred by the dangerous arrangement of the shower screen placed at the opposite end to the actual shower so that water poured over the sink and onto the floor. The management assure me that this design fault in ALL the bedrooms will be rectified in next years budget 2014 . Meanwhile tread carefully all those who shower!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
H1245RM, Responsable réception at Mercure Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Mrs Barbara T,

Thanks for your comments regarding your recent stay in our hotel.
Indeed the rooms are planned to be renovated next year and we will correct
the defect in all the rooms.
We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again.
Sincerely yours,

Room Division Mgr.

Been to Mercure Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle? Share your experiences!