“Oudated, no A/C and no screens in windows....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle

Save Saved
You added Mercure Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle to your Saves list
Mercure Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Allee du Verger | Restaurant Pays de France, 95700 Roissy-en-France, France   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Toronto, Canada
“Oudated, no A/C and no screens in windows....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This 4 star hotel near CDG is more a 3 star, rooms are very outdated, gym is not worth mentioning and breakfast is 18 euros and not that good. The shower had no curtain nor glass, the towels where very cheap and thin, the a/c did not work at all, and the windows had no screen, thank god it wasn't a hot summer day! The internet was ok but you only get 6 hours free and you cannot download anything or make skype calls on it. On the other hand the service is excellent. The shuttle to/from CDG back is free and u can take any of the shuttles that go to Marriott or Relais spa nearby ( both much better hotels to) if u don't mind walking a block or two and get there faster. There is a small Carrefour and Casino mini markets nearby where u can buy food. Sadly most hotels around CDG are mediocre, exept for the 5 star ones of course. Thsi hotel will be revamped in 2014, hopefully then it will deserve its 4 star status.

Room Tip: There is none
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
H1245RM, Responsable réception at Mercure Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Guest From Toronto,

Thank your for having taken time to send a comment regarding your recent stay at Mercrure CDG Airport. Our fitness has just opened few weeks ago, but it seems that our guests use it.
I am sorry to read that the A/C did not work, regarding our rooms and shower they should be renovated next year. And we hope that you will make the pleasure to visit us after our works.
Do not hesitate to contact me for your next reservation !

Room Division Mgr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Let's face it - if you're staying at the Mercure in Roissy it's likely driven by a necessity to be close to the airport (early flight, short transit, flight cancellation).

The Mercure is purely functional. Don't be expecting exceptional (or even good!) service, a gastronomic feast at breakfast or any plush furnishings. The service is efficient enough, though staff do not make any effort to make you feel welcome. The food is generic and uninspirational, of a mediocre standard. The room is basic, clean enough but tired and worn round the edges.

The free wifi is a bother, one of those that makes you sign in after every 5 minutes of idling.

It's well worth venturing out of the hotel and wandering into Roissy village, a short stroll away through the park opposite the hotel. It's rather picturesque and there are a few restaurants and watering holes for you to spend the evening rather than wasting it in sitting by the depressing formica tables of the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your interesting comments. Indeed lots of our guests are staying in our hotel due to the closeness of CDG international Airport, but we also have lots of guests staying here the
whole week and every week for business reason.

I apologize regarding the wifi, I know it can be irratating sometimes to reconnect but once your are connected you have 6 hours first before signing again. I am glad to see that you enjoyed Roissy Village and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again.

Thanks & best regards.

Room Division Mgr
Macau
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on 21 September due to the flight delay because of the typhoon in HK. This also led to the most (negatively) impressive hotel experience I have never had in my travel history.

I checked in the hotel around 11 something at night. The check-in was fast, but the staff put on a long face and gave no active explanation on the time for breakfast and lunch. My first impression on the hotel is that it needs renovation and the design is not updated. The room is spacious, but again it is very old-fashioned. Generally, it is clean after all.

Then, I called the Reception to ask if there was any toothpaste. I was not surprised when they said no as it is Europe. But I was really surprised when I was asked to get it at the Reception on my own. What an experience!! This is the first experience I had when I asked for toothpaste!! When I was there in the lobby and asked for the toothpaste, the staff had to ask around where the toothpaste was and his colleague showed him that it was just stored in the shelf behind! It is difficult to figure out why a Front Office staff could be unfamiliar with their facilities and work station. When I made further request on a pair of slippers, one of them simply opened the shelf, saying 'No! That's all we have!! No slippers!' And then, he shrugged his shoulders. No signs of apology, leaving the guest unsatisfied. I was not upset with the unavailability of slippers, it was the awful attitude. No respect at all! Or, they are lack of Housekeeping staff?

On the second day, when I asked for a late check-out, the lady (Miss Sonia) put on a straight face immediately, saying that I must check out at 14:00 or I could pay for a late check-out ON THE SPOT. She even emphasized rudely, "Of course, you have to pay now if you want to check out at 18:00!" I could accept to pay for a late check-out and understood that the airline did not pay for it. But the whole interaction with Miss Sonia was really disappointing! I asked her politely and she was very arrogant and was not ready to help. I calmed down at that moment and decided to gave a comment on their service upon my departure.

Please, a late check-out was not a big deal for me. She could explain and deliver the whole interaction in a softer tone. I was the guest and I was there to pay for her service. And it seems that Miss Sonia was there to raise a quarrel and was upset with my late check-out! What was her mindset? If she thought that her service quality will vary because I am an Asian who doesn't speak French, then what is the point of working at an international hotel where accommodates people of different races? Kindly be reminded not to raise one corner of the month so as to prevent throwing out a scornful facial expression.

The hotel is so-so physically. The Front Office (Reception) Team made everything even worse. As a property belonging to the Accor group, it is difficult to accept the service quality the team portrayed during my stay. Kindly suggest the Front Office Manager and the Training Manager to arrange training sessions on greetings, attitudes (body languages and friendly smiles) and active listening skills.

No matter how well-equipped a hotel is, the guest's stay can be a disaster if the staff are not professional, well-trained and patient. Besides, this property is not that perfect physically and it can even deliver this kind of heartless service. Please note that, though my stay was arranged by the airline and I did not pay, their service was paid by the airline and they earn money after all. They cannot overlook guests of any kinds and any purpose for stay.

I was really upset with the service provided by Mercure Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle. PLEASE STRENGTHEN YOUR SERVICE SENSE!! What a shame to the Accor Group!

P.S. The F&B service team (Restaurant) is customer-oriented, humane and amiable! Well done!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Bristol
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We had a pleasant stay in this hotel marred by the dangerous arrangement of the shower screen placed at the opposite end to the actual shower so that water poured over the sink and onto the floor. The management assure me that this design fault in ALL the bedrooms will be rectified in next years budget 2014 . Meanwhile tread carefully all those who shower!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
H1245RM, Responsable réception at Mercure Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Mrs Barbara T,

Thanks for your comments regarding your recent stay in our hotel.
Indeed the rooms are planned to be renovated next year and we will correct
the defect in all the rooms.
We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

we stayed here for 1 night on our way back from leger picture book Italy tour Its in an area surrounded by other like hotels eg Holiday inn is over the road.The hotel is very good, clean and comfortable rooms beds are lovely and big.Nice big T.V, tea and coffee facities. large ensuite with a bath and over head shower complimentary toiletries also a hairdryer.The breakfast was nice.Beware that a pint of lager is 9 Euros but my husband remarked that would be similar at Heathrow /Gatwick hotels.All in all a nice hotel, I wanted to take the bed and duvet home !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
H1245RM, Responsable réception at Mercure Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Mrs Alison,

Thanks for having taken time to leave your comments on your stay.
We are quite happy to see that you enjoyed it.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again.

Strasbourg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Booked this airport hotel for a layover between 2 long-haul flights. Here is why I am disappinted and would not myself give it a 4* rating. Reason 1: When I arrived at 5.30 pm a room was not ready. I was told that this is because a lot of flight crew use the hotel (low cost carriers) and the crew leave the rooms late. There was a lot of crew checking in when I arrived. I was told that there was a room with single beds, so I took that, but when I saw the small beds, came back down to the lobby to say I would wait for a double bed (as I per my booking). That was 30 minutes ago and still no sign of a room. I am in the lobby writing this. No apology, no offer of a glass of water. Lots of people are checking-in, there is only one receptionist and now another bus has arrived from the airport.
The situation is made worse by the fact that the shuttle service took a long time to arrive and then took a long time to get to the hotel. Bus was noisy, diesel smell and no air conditioning. Took me about 1 hour in total to walk to the bus stop, wait for the bus and then for the bus to get to the hotel. In fairness to the hotel, this is partly the fault of the layout of Charles de Gualle airport - so spread-out. But the shuttle could be so much better.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
H1245RM, Responsable réception at Mercure Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am really also disappointed to read the experience you lived in our hotel. Please accept our deep apoligize for the inconveniences you suffered. Be sure the measures has already been taken in order to avoid such problem in the future.

Thanks again for your comments, they help us to improve our quality of service and be sure that your experience does not reflect the service we want to provide to our guests.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights and thought the hotel was very good. When we first arrived at CDG we found it hard to know how to get to the free shuttle bus however were directed straight to it by the people at the information desks. People at the hotel were lovely and more than willing to help with any problems. We also went to disney for one day and paris which were both accessable again after we asked for help at information desks. Overall hotel was very clean and comfortable only thing I wouldd recommend is to eat out as food is pretty expensive for small portions. I had an amazing holiday and would defo go back :)

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Loo93,

Thanks for your remarks regarding the hotel, the staff. Your comments really helps us and encourage our team to continue their efforts to mainain a high quality of service.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome again in Mercure Roissy CDG.

Many thanks and best regards

Room Division Mgr.

Been to Mercure Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle? Share your experiences!