“could do better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Hotel Airport CDG

You added Comfort Hotel Airport CDG to your Saves list
Comfort Hotel Airport CDG
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 bis, rue de Paris, Le Mesnil Amelot, 77990 Roissy-en-France, France   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #28 of 28 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
HK
“could do better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Probably one of the cheapest hotels that offer free shuttle to CDG.

Pros: 1) Surprisingly comfortable bed, 2) Free shuttle.

Cons: 1) tiny and moldy bathroom, 2) wifi doesn't work in rooms, 3) shuttle doesn't come on time and the evening driver was looking at his phone and texting the whole time he was driving.

I avoided the breakfast after reading the bad reviews so no comment on food from me.

Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
North Bay, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

For the price, and given reviews as I was expecting it to be mediocre, but I was happy with the place for one night and had a great sleep. They gave me an end room which was nice and the shuttle was nice and convenient. No it's not Paris, but the little village itself was worth walking around and had a few things to see. I also liked the little bakery.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Paris
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

I booked through galahotels for my wife, but at arrival at the hotel, they said that her name was not on their list. Even after she showed them all printed pages mentioning explicilty her name at the reservation.

In the end they made her pay again for the full room, did not give her an invoice and now I'm trying to get refunded by galahotel, who doesn't want to take responsability.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Coralie B, Chef de réception at Comfort Hotel Airport CDG, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Leonardo,

Thank you for your comment.

Further to your message, I hope you find a solution to the double charge you had. Otherwise, please feel free to contact me directly at the following number: + 33 (0) 1 60 03 65 65

We apologize for this incident.

Kind regards,
Coralie
Front office Manager
Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

THE GOOD: The bed was surprisingly comfortable, which was a blessing considering how horrible the rest of the room was. The front desk supervisor, while not actually helpful in any way, did speak English and was patient with my ghastly French. The continental breakfast was decent, although for 11 euro per person, it should be.

THE BAD: The bathroom of room 237 literally made me nauseated. It was covered in black mold, to the point where I could not even step foot in the bathroom without becoming ill. I have posted photos because the description of how gross it was could not possible do it justice. This is not the mold of a weekend where the room was accidentally missed. This is the mold of months if not years of systematic neglect.

The wifi didn't work and the night manager just told me to "try again later" Oh, okay. I guess I didn't actually need to do my work or receiver a service I paid for.

It's a 11-12 euro cab ride from CdG if you can't catch the hotel's shuttle, and if you *can* catch the shuttle, don't expect to be treated like a human. The shuttle driver to CdG was surly and couldn't be bothered to look up from his phone, even while driving.

Room Tip: Avoid 237. I don't think the WIFI actually worked anywhere, but it definitely didn't work an...
Dear Madam, dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Hotel for your stay.

I’m pleased to know you enjoyed beds: indeed, bedding has been changed recently.
We are taking into consideration your disappointment regarding bathroom: we have reported it to our housekeeping department to make a full and hard cleaning.
Shuttle is available at Terminal 2, level 5 from 5.00am to 11.30am and from 5.00pm to 11.45pm every 30 minutes.

Best wishes,

Coralie
Front office manager
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

I would NEVER EVER recommend this place. I use the word place, as it does not rate as a hotel.
Greeted, use that word loosely, kept waiting at reception, by staff who were not customer orientated, and LACKED ANY customer service skills.
The room, was small like a postage stamp.
The bathroom had a horrible smell in it, mold on tiles, and multipurpose liquid soap attached to the wall..
The air conditioner kept turning off, it didn't stay on for more that 5 minutes.
The fire door, that you needed to go thru to get to the , had a terrible terrible high pitched squeak, and it could be heard at the other end of the corridor ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!

Even though the noisy door was 2 meters from reception desk, they ignored it, and let it keep up guests thru the night.. and when that stopped you can be awoken by the hairdryer in your neighbors room, the walls are paper thin...

The food, was a great resemblance, to an array of left overs form a family picnic, and breakfast was not much better.

the best thing I can say is NEVER STAY HERE .... Pay extra and stay at the Sheraton at the airport ...

POOR POOR TERRIBLE AND HORRIBLE.. NIGHTMARE LOCATION AND PLACE TO STAY

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs.. do not stay here
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
SWAINSBORO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

After making my reservation, I called the hotel to confirm all of the amenities and shuttle information. They are very, very patient with other-than-French speakers and answered all of my questions.

The airport shuttle runs very, very dependably and regularly to and from Charles deGaulle Airport. Upon arrival, very late at night, the person at the desk was very friendly and most efficient and quick in checking us in. The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable, and we got great sleep. We received our 4:30AM wake-up call on time, our check-out was amazingly swift and most friendly, and the shuttle run, the first of the day, arrived in plenty of time.

Another note: My wife got a Choice Rewards VISA card, so I changed the reservation from my name to her name. It was not correctly done by Choice Hotels Reservations, so her statement did not reflect the stay, so she did not get the 24,000 choice rewards points for paying for her stay with her Choice VISA. After calling Choice Rewards, they told me that i needed PROOF THAT SHE WAS IN THE ROOM before they could relieve my account and credit her account with the stay. I contacted Les Mesnil-Amelot Comfort Hotel and explained my problem. WITHIN AN HOUR, THE MANAGER EMAILED ME the folio and billing in her name! With this information, I was able to call Choice Rewards back, email the proof of her presence to them, and get her account properly credited.

THIS IS THE BEST SERVICE I HAVE EVER RECEIVED FROM ANY HOTEL ... THIS HOTEL DOES EVERYTHING RIGHT!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Chesley, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

Arrived at 14:00 today October 27, 2014 at CDG Airport and found the free shuttle advertised did not run between the hours of 11:30 AM and 17:00. We took a five minute taxi to the hotel and were ripped off by a taxi driver who would not run his meter. We protested and asked the hotel for clarification of the rip off rate and were told 25 Euros was normal. We disputed this and asked to call the police, none of the four staff members would help contact or translate until we could get and English speaking police officer and the telephone number 17 for the police given by the hotel staff did not connect to a human.

Again asking for assistance staff refused to help me contact a human at the police station.

I recommend you find another hotel that has proper shuttle service and is not trying to help the taxi bandits screw you.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Hotel Airport CDG? Share your experiences!