“Fair Value/Misleading Advertisement” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Hotel Airport CDG

Save Saved
You added Comfort Hotel Airport CDG to your Saves list
Comfort Hotel Airport CDG
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 bis, rue de Paris, Le Mesnil Amelot, 77990 Roissy-en-France, France   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #32 of 32 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Billings, Montana
“Fair Value/Misleading Advertisement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Hotel on the nights of 22 and 23 April 2013. For the area it was about the average price for what you got. The was small, hotel was clean but small and had a restaurant on site (expensive as was the bar) but did not provide an airport shuttle as advertised. This was verified with hotel staff because I asked after I tried to go to the hotel. The shuttle they have goes only to the airport TGV train station, the Paris train terminal (where you can catch an airport shuttle) but is definitely not an airport shuttle. The advertised free wi-fi is available only if you provide the "hot spot" wi-fi provider your personal information, i.e., address, phone number, cell phone and authority to send you information on servies they provide, otherwise you cannot get access. I found this misleading as I had been using my laptop all over France without having to provide this information at any other facility. I spent 3 weeks in Europe, mostly in France.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
Millsboro, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had a Rome flight to U.S. Cancelled, and rather than stay another night in Rome, we booked a flight to France, leaving direct to Phila. next morning. We thought we were booked at the Hilton at Charles DeGaulle Airport, they had no reservation for us, and helped us find a hotel since everywhere was booked because of a championship soccer tournement occuring that evening. That hotel was the Comfort Hotel . When we walked in we were not recieved warmly...asked if we could get something to eat, and because it was close to midnight, understandably the restaurant was closed. We asked if there were vending machines, for at least some water or juice. Again we were told no. We had been up since 6am and exhausted. This is not what you would expect a hotel to be. Accomodating tired hungry guests. The rooms were tiny...we didnt care...The funniest comment was made by my 13 year old granddaughter, when she said as we were walking down the gloomy hall, " this is a great place for a horror movie" We could have forgiven this sad excuse for a hotel, if the night manager went a little out of his way..I am sure he didnt work all night without sustanance. Avoid this if possible.

Room Tip: Do not book this intentionally
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
uk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Booked into the comfort hotel by Air France after missing a connecting flight
The free shuttle bus takes you past some nice hotels
When you get to the Comfort, checkin is quick
However that is the only positive point
Room is tiny
Shower is impossibly small
Food was adequate
Drink was expensive
The only guests that were there, had been given a room by Air France, must be the cheapest and worst hotel adjacent to the airport.
Only use this hotel if you must, there are much better close by

• Stayed April 2013
Coventry, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The hotel itself is just about good enough for a basic hotel, but for the same money you should be able to find something better.

We arrived late at night and parked in the car park (were told €8 per day but the machine charged us €6) where the was plenty of space.

The hotel serves food until 10.30pm however this is all from a buffet. For €10.50 you can have the starter buffet (basic salad items), €17.50 gets you either a starter and main, main and dessert, or starter and desert or for €19.50 you can have all three courses. They're all buffets and not particularly well stocked up. Whether it is a different during the day I'm not sure, but I was disapppointed with the food for the price. Ideally there would be an option for just the main course buffet.

Same as a lot of other people have said the rooms are small and the bathrooms ever smaller. It looks like an the builders have attempted to make the rooms feel bigger by having a slanting wall with the bathroom door on it. It doesn't really work and just leaves both rooms feeling small.

The WiFi was free to access but very slow and you had to log on every few minutes for some reason.

For sleeping on the beds were really good, however it was somewhat spoiled by having two pillows of different shapes - one was square and the other sausage shaped. It means that if you like to have two pillows then it's really awkward and you end up sleeping at a slant.

Once you factor in the cost of the car park as well as the hotel (we paid €87 for a the night plus the car park) then there are other hotels nearby that would be just as good for less money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Harrison, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

In all my travels I have never been to such a horrible place, ever...we got at airport, all close by affordable places were booked, very crowded line to get places, they said comfort hotel had one room left, we took it, took a free shuttle to hotel, the only , only good thing about this whole experience, and got to front desk and they said room with one bed, I said no, the airport gave me print out and we said we needed 2 beds, me and my 19 year old son. well he started yelling French to me which I didn't have clue what was said, finally spoke English again and said here is room, and gave me a key, I asked for one more key so my son and I could each have a key, he said NO..walked through the most smelly hall way to get to room, and got in this small room with 2 single beds, but room was so dirty we even slept with our shoes on, I can not express how dirty dirty it was. I saw maid out in hall and asked for an extra blanket, she said NO, no more blankets..wow, the café was even worse, I could not get out of there fast enough, spent the rest of night at airport, we were afraid of bugs and whatever else there was in that horrible horrible room. asked my self why would they let a place get like that when airport helped them, why not make an effort to first be pleasant to paying customers, second, clean the place, how hard is that??

Room Tip: don't stay there, pay what ever more, but don't stay there
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Tiny room, stank of air freshener but was perfectly clean and functional. there is a free shuttle to the airport which was great. I would only really go here as an airport stop off not to relax! The man on desk duty when I checked in was extremely surly but it was perhaps the end of a long day. I didn't try any of the food or breakfast so cannot comment on this.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Harrogate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Perhaps no-one intends to stay in the airport hotel if they can help it. We were marooned overnight at Charles de Gaulle Airport, Paris, on our way from Manchester to Florence, Italy. A one-hour transfer became a fifteen-hour imprisonment with no luggage, thanks to Air France. We made an escape on the RER suburban train and revited the haunts of our youth in Montparnasse which included dinner and breakfast. The airline gave us a ticket for this Comfort Hotel which is on the boundary of the very large airport. It is reached by the shuttle bus (Navette) from the navette stop on the roof level (5th floor) of the Gare TGV or high-speed train station in the centre of Terminal 2. [In France the trains are on the floor and the buses are in the roof.] The navette in fact runs to a 35-minute timetable accurately, but this is not clear. On arriving, the Comfort Hotel is simple but warm and clean. The room was adequate and the beds indeed comfortable. There is hot water in the tap. The staff were very helpful; despite spending much of their time with disgruntled air passengers undergoing flight delays. Free internet access was given at once for me to make some onward arrangements. We did not need either breakfast or dinner. Next day, the navette returned on schedule and were were boarding our re-booked onward flight at 0700hrs. Although humble in style and station, this Comfort Hotel did give welcome comfort to weary travellers and we were grateful. It was number one hotel on our list that night!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Hotel Airport CDG? Share your experiences!