“A mixed bag” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Suisun City, California
“A mixed bag”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I waited an hour for the "every 30 minutes" shuttle. Given a room that smelled like smoke (a smoke free facility), they were gracious in giving me a room that was smoke-free and a definite upgrade. It was a great room. No good tv for English speakers, but I didn't care much about TV. The wi-fi in the room was very weak. I had to go down to the front desk as when I called to ask for wi-fi info to log on, he told me to hold and rang me through to a number that never answered. When I got down there he was able to quickly print out what I needed. Not sure why he didn't just give that to me at check-in or on the phone. I assumed it must be in an information packet in the room, which was non-existent in the first room. There was a list, excluding wi-fi information in the 2nd room. Because they wouldn't serve me before 6:30 and I needed an early night and an early dinner, I called room service. 20 Minutes, said he. It was at least a half hour and the caesar salad was smothered in dressing. The chicken was good. Expensive for what I got. So, my very good rating really has to do with the fact that it is was a wonderful, quiet and comfortable room. That was really what I was there for. I did choose this higher priced hotel thinking that the Brasserie would be a good source for decent meal. Being an airport hotel, I assumed you could eat at most times. The morning shuttle was right on time and worked. I doubt I'd choose this hotel again as it was pricey and I couldn't depend on a meal when I needed it, especially if it's only for one night.

Room Tip: I was perhaps lucky in that I didn't pick my room and it was very nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
York, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Waited at least 20 minutes at reception to check in. There was no queue, just 4 upset asian ladies in front of me who had been promised the free shuttle to the airport, and it had left without them. Major argument, and girl on reception not even slightly apologetic or sympathetic told them to get a taxi at their cost instead. We had arrived at 2pm, and were looking to sit and have a business meeting in the bar.........but were told the bar was closed. We were told we could sit and have a drink in the restaurant. At the restaurant, we were told it was only open for food and not drinks only, as they were a business not related to the hotel. Eventually persuaded them to let us sit, and it took them 20 minutes to come and take a drinks order. Extortionate prices for 2 beers - unbelievable! Eventually took the free shuttle to the exhibition centre, only after changing minibuses 3 times, as the drivers didn't know who was meant to be going where and when. In the evening, went to the now open bar for a drink, and even as the only customer at the bar, I could not distract the man and woman meant to be serving away from their conversation, and get them to serve me. Absolute chaos, extremely unprofessional and no service whatsoever! Will never go back

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed at Relais Spa roissy because I needed to be close to the Park des Exposition, during a big Food show. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The hotel restaurant was really good. There was even a small ballcony for me to exercise my bad habit... Bad thing was that the hotel was so far away from the centre of Paris and taxis are expensive . Would recommend it to anybody who has to stay near the airport or the exhibition centre.

• Stayed October 2012
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I'm running a project locally and we have chosen this as our preferred hotel with about 10 of us there every week. It's been a good choice and they are looking after us well, so here a perspective:

Positives:
The beds are comfortable and bathrooms clean, new and tidy.
The rooms are well soundproofed from the aircraft above and are a good size
The restaurant is very good and not bad value. The staff in the restaurant are good and attentive.

Negatives:
Although the staff on reception are good, there is just not enough of them leading to queues to check in (especially about 6pm).
The spa is not open till next year, but they have put a few gym equipment units in a conference room.
The TV channel choice is not good if you're English speaking (unless you like the news!)

In all though, after trying most of the other hotels locally, I can tell you that I'd rather be here than anywhere else... just don't fill it please... we need our rooms for the next 12 months! :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Room design is not user friendly! Unable to turn off heat, had trouble getting outlet to work for hair dryer, eventually got hallway outlet to engage, huge door for bathroom opens onto hallway, must close when navigating to toilet. No luggage rack in room!

Room Tip: Room design is not user friendly! Unable to turn off heat, had trouble getting outlet to work for h...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I spent three nights at Relais Spa Paris-Roissy CDG in September 2012 so as to sleep off some jet lag in advance before a long flight and the hotel exceeded my expectations. The reservation through an online agency was sorted out, along with my check-in, within minutes and in a most friendly manner. The shuttle bus was easy to find and its friendly and rather chatty drivers will drop you off at your final destination terminal also advising you. The handy board in the lobby will also inform you on the gate of your eventual flight to catch.

The rooms are bright, modern and beautifully furnished and large enough to have a chat or to work in, some of them with balconies (handy for smokers or those who like to stargaze without going out). There is both air conditioning and heating which the guest can control and in my room as well as in the others I saw there was both a bathtub and a modern shower and plenty of lovely personal care products (who does not like them when they are high quality?). Whereas the spa is still being built as of late September 2012, there currently is a bar, a restaurant, a fitness center and business facilities as well as spare computers in common areas. Wi-Fi in rooms is available and fast; don't forget to ask for your personal access code.

The breakfast is plentiful with fresh fruit, croissants and other French pastries as well as sturdier choices for those with larger appetites (eggs, bacon, roast potatoes). Excellent espresso coffee is a plus. The cherry on top is Brasserie Flo which offers French and other European fare and the two different chefs were both kind enough to prepare me special vegetarian dishes each time, even though not listed on the menu; the wine list is excellent.The staff is bilingual and helpful and there are security guards on site, although mainly invisible and the housekeeping, especially the housekeeping manager, both respectful of privacy and efficient and friendly when needed. .

The nearby village only a five minutes walk away has several bars and restaurants as well as an ATM, a 'tabac' (tobacco and cigarette shop), a bakery and a post office if Paris seems a bit far away (especially if only staying overnight). There also is a gift shop operating 24 hours each day selling soft drinks, snacks and items for personal hygiene as well as gifts. Downtown Paris can be easily reached by RER through the nearby airport and the airport shuttle runs every thirty minutes, and the hotel's private one, as often as possible, as per request.

Highly recommend this hotel for a night or three in between flights; there is enough going on for not to get bored even if you need to stay more than one night. For me it was a perfect stay between travel across France and an international flight.

Room Tip: If would you like to have a balcony, ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed at several of the hotels at Roissy en France, I have found the Relais Spa to offer the best rooms and service.
The rooms all have a separate small galley kitchen, very comfortable beds, modern clean bathrooms and separate WC.
Staff are pleasant and helpful.
The buffet breakfast is extensive and well presented.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Relais Spa Paris-Roissy CDG? Share your experiences!