“Better the Second Time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport

Save Saved
You added Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Roissypole, Rue de Rome, BP16461 | Tremblay En France, 95708 Roissy-en-France, France   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - From €126
Ranked #7 of 32 hotels in Roissy-en-France
Orlando, Florida
“Better the Second Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was our second time here, and we were thanked for being loyal visitors. We were upgraded to Room 641, an Executive Plus King. We were far away from the elevator, and no one could see in our room like last time when I was in my boxers for several minutes before I realized that people who were waiting for or riding the elevator could see in. We had booked breakfast with our rate, and then I was told at check-in that we already got it due to our Diamond status. Last time, we ate the skimpy selection in the lounge because no one told us we could also eat our complimentary breakfast in the main restaurant so I wasted a few euro this time. No one on the wait staff approached us so we had to get our own drinks and everything. After about 10 minutes, I went up to the maitre d’ and told him we had not been approached and that I would like a few eggs cooked to order. It took another 10 minutes for them to make me 3 eggs over medium! Breakfast in the restaurant was better than that in the lounge but still not as good as other Hilton buffets. Service was non-existent. The room was ok and faced another hotel so quiet. The bed and pillows did the job. I did notice that there was a place to put soap in the shower this time. I am not sure if our room last time was an exception or if they added this feature. I did notice “room service” dishes in the hallways for many hours, and there was a bed in the hall standing by our door the entire time. Check-in and check-out went very smoothly, and the front desk staff was very professional. The shuttle took us to the airport, but I was worried that we would have to wait for another one until we got the last 2 seats. Some people just stood there so I don’t know what their deal was, but we moved forward! Traffic was heavy so the driver took a longer way, but he still got us there with time to spare. We did not go to Roissy for dinner this time but ate in the main restaurant after we sat in the lounge and watched World Cup soccer for 2 hours and enjoyed lots of complimentary wine. The food/snacks in the lounge were not that good. I remember the chicken fingers, which were cold and mushy! Happy hour lasted for 2 hours, and then everything was removed so we went to the restaurant at that time. I had a steak with goose liver, and it was good. It was about the same price as I would pay in a restaurant in Paris. I just drank water with my meal. We received a glass of champagne each for our status, and we sat next to a couple formerly from New Zealand who now live near Lake Tahoe who didn’t get their champagne until they were ready to leave. They said it was too late so I spoke up and said it shouldn’t be wasted so we got a 2nd glass! Another area of concern besides the breakfast staff was that the wake-up function on the TV, which worked but was very weak and made little noise plus the screen was still mostly dark, but I was up already. We couldn’t reset the incorrect time on the clock so we got no alarm since we weren’t sure if it was am or pm, and we ended up setting the alarm for the wrong 12 hour period so nothing woke us up there. I requested a telephone wake-up as well, and we never received that either. Bottom line: If you are a heavy, tired sleeper, good luck! Overall, it was better than our first visit. We got a bigger, quieter room, we received better service at the front desk, and we just felt more comfortable this time. We will stay here again if we need something near the airport. It does make the morning before a flight a bit calmer and less rushed! Maybe the third time will really be a charm!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

1,315 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Title: Big Disappointment!!

My daughter and I stayed here December 2012r before our flight home. We ate at the restaurant then and it was wonderful. We looked forward to our stay here again the day prior to flight home June 18. I made a reservation few days before. Upon arrival, the room I requested and reserved was not available. However, the manager, Jean Baptiste showed us to a room on the 2nd floor which was fine. I am Honors Diamond, so Jean told me to be sure to ask for Michel when we went to the restaurant for dinner.
We went to the restaurant, were greeted by a gentleman, I asked for Michel - he nodded (we still had no idea if he was Michel) . We had a welcome letter from the manager offering a complimentary glass of champagne for each of us. Mentioned this to Michel-he asked for letter - that was fine. Actually did not care for the champagne anyway.
Dinner Disaster:
My daughter ordered the beef tournedos (for 35.EURO) I ordered the cod. We also had appetizer, do not remember what it was.
Our dinner finally arrived (our waiter was not exactly speedy, but no complaint about the wait)
OKAY - my daughters meal was cold, mine was certainly not hot, but I did eat it. My meal was a total disappointment from what I had last December here, not even close. This was a mediocre meal at best.
FIRST ATTEMPT:
We called the waiter over, and my daughter explained that the meal was cold. He apologized and said it would be 5 minutes and he would be back.
SECOND ATTEMPT:
after about 10/15 minutes, waiter returned with the meal. I had of course finished my meal. Well - my daughter cut into (or tried to) and this was a really tough piece of beef. (maybe microwaved?) In the meantime they send 2 more glasses of champagne over- how condescending of them - after we had wine and beer. We did not drink them.
THIRD ATTEMPT:
I then asked the waiter to get Michel (who turned out to be the gentleman who originally greeted us) By this time my daughter did not even want to try again. She explained to Michel that we were looking forward to this meal and what a disappointment it was. He implored her to let him try to make it right. When she repeated how disappointed she was, he said, "how do you think I feel" - really, he said that!

And so at 10:20, my daughter received her meal. She said it was very good.

I guess the best part is: they did not take it off the bill, as any GOOD restaurant would have done.

So if you are going to stay at HILTON CDG Airport - eat elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Have stayed at many Hiltons over the years and have to say this is the worst customer service ever! The staff seem very aloof and unhelpful. Check in started off terrible. Had to wait over 6 hours for our rollaway. when it finally did arrive...had to call for pillow that was supposed to come with it and another hour wait! The front desk staff needs complete TRAINING in what customer service is all about! Are not helpful at all and seem irritated and bothered with any questions whatsoever. in addition,
the concierge didn't even speak English! Isn's a concierge supposed to be able to communicate with customers! The only restaurant in the hotel is very overpriced and caters only to the business traveler/meetings. And since your out in the middle of nowhere....there are NO other dining options. Will never be staying here again!

Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The Hilton at CDG is convenient to the airport but if you are flying from the international terminal they do not take passengers by shuttle to that terminal. they made an exception for my group but it was a potential issue.

Atlanta, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

A great staff! Friendly and informative. The in room breakfast was terrible. We had that removed from the bill. The bed was too hard, but that may be a European thing. However, the room and bathroom were very clean and quiet. This is a great location! (10 min Shuttle to the airport.) We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Yateley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Nice hotel for an airport with good service. Being a Diamond card holder makes a big difference. Nicely located for my customer base. If you can get a room at the front of the hotel then there is a great view of Concorde. Good access from the terminal by train. Will plan to stay there again if the price is reasonable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

What a difference one week can make. While the first stay went smoothly the stay one week later was all wrong. Checking in late we were given a room that was quite suspect in it"s cleanliness (I.e. A food tray outside the door, an opened intimate wash packet left in the shower, a bathroom floor that was wet) not to mention that lack of any upgrade for our Hilton status, or any other perk for that matter. The room was right at the elevators, in exact opposition to even our my basic request of away from the elevators. When we called the front desk to inquire about the cleanliness their only response was to ask if the bed was made, when we said yes, they then confirmed the room was clean. We advised about the food outside the door and the intimate wash packet in the shower but this was of no bother to them. This lack of attention to any detail carries through to the executive lounge too. Here you'll find pitchers of fresh juice in the morning but only coffee cups to drink it out of as they seem to refresh the juice but not the juice cups. When we expressed our disappointment in the room ( lack of cleanliness, noise from elevators, and all night light from windows which looked into the lobby) and service at check-out the front desk simply said they would notify their manager and then asked to confirm payment. Never in many, and I do mean many, stays at various Hilton's has such an utter disregard for any level of service been as evident as it was during this stay. While the pool is a nice bonus the Ibis is closer to the airport, has more and more affordable dining options and I'd be quite sure a lower room cost. If you're using points this is a place to sleep but don't expect much more.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport? Share your experiences!