“Good Hotel for an Early Flight” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport

Save Saved
You added Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Roissypole, Rue de Rome, BP16461 | Tremblay En France, 95708 Roissy-en-France, France   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - From €126
Ranked #8 of 32 hotels in Roissy-en-France
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Good Hotel for an Early Flight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We've stayed at the Hilton near the airport a couple of times on our way back to the States from France. It is comfortable, conveniently located next to the airport and has a shuttle that runs every 15-20 minutes. The rooms are spacious, nicely furnished and the granite and marble bath has a tub and shower. Charges for Wi-Fi are excessive in my opinion, so we did not use it in the room, but my husband went down to the lobby and was able to connect for free. Afterwards he tried to have a drink in the bar/lounge and was not impressed by the service. It took a long time to get anyone's attention, even though he practically had the place to himself. This is the attitude that gives Paris a reputation as being snooty, and while that might be charming a little café in Saint-Germain-des-Prés, it's distasteful in an international hotel.The buffet breakfast is extensive and correspondingly pricey, so this trip we took our chances at the Air France lounge instead.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear debtodeb,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and your feedback about your experience.

We highly appreciate that you share your impressions with us and this will allow us to follow up on all different points. Of course, we are pleased that you have had an overall positive experience and that you allow us to improve on your suggestions!

We look forward to welcoming you back shortly!

With kind regards

1,304 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Hotel itself was OK, but there was a large but apparently inexperienced staff that didn't want to deal with customers. Had a devil of a time at breakfast simply getting an omelette. Previous night I tried to let bartender know another customer was apparently taken ill. He asked me what I wanted him to do!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Gerard H,

We are sincerely sorry that you experienced some service mishaps.Guest feedback is an important source to evaluate our efficiency and determine areas of improvement in service.

We thank you very much for having shared your feedback with us, and hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again to our hotel at some point in the future – and this time with only the highest overall satisfaction.

Warm regards

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed overnight due to layover. Hotel had basic accomodations, rooms was clean, nice size. The location is a bit remote, but the hotel offers a shuttle bus. Would I stay again? Only if I had to layover at Heathrow.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Shani L,

Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us.

We were delighted that you were able to enjoy a good experience. We are always striving to ensure we deliver exceptional service and enriching experiences and whilst your stay was last minute I sincerely hope that we will be an obvious choice the next time your travels bring you to Roissy CDG.

Best regards

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

As a pro from DM Vacation I always rate a hotel based on what quality they advertise themselves. The Hilton is certainly convenient to the airport as you can take the hotel shuttle or the airport terminal train to the hotel.

This hotel is your basic Hilton and expensive Hilton dinning. The rooms are clean and comfortable and you do not hear the airplanes in your room. The staff is nice and friendly and generally speak excellent English.

The rooms while up clean and well maintained are a bit dated. The TV has very limited English channels, at least compared to other overseas Hiltons. Basically it is CNN and the BBC.

There are not many dinning choices in the area and the while the dinner food is of good quality it is expensive, even for Paris. For two burgers and one small bottle of water it was $65-70. The breakfast was thankfully included in the rate (otherwise way overpriced) but was not up to Hilton standards that I have enjoyed before in Europe. The breakfast buffet was very limited. You can order eggs to be prepared for you which I would suggest.

If the rate is right and you want a comfortable night sleep the Hilton is a nice choice. If you found this review helpful please take a second and give it a helpful vote.

Room Tip: All seemed about the same.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Richard H,

It is a great honor to read that we were able to meet your high expectation levels, and I would like to thank you for your kind remarks with regards to the service that you received during the duration of your stay. I shall certainly pass on your feedback to the relevant departments.

We look forward to you returning to the Hilton Paris CDG Airport again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

For a hotel property, this is a benchmark. Rooms were very quiet and very clean. Windows had appropriate privacy and light filtering. Our flight departure was late afternoon, and we had traveled in from 5 hours away night before departure. We were checked in efficiently, and our profile from Hilton Honors had obviously been reviewed. This property is designed to offer travelers a quiet and civilized respite from the spa offerings to pool and workout center. Restaurants (2 possibilities) are perfectly adequate after eating ones way through France. Bar was well stocked. Only harsh critique is roaming wait staff at the center bar - it's a and, and this us your job, don't ignore patrons! We finally ordered drinks directly from the bartender. The quiet lounge for Honors members offers the hotels wifi and computers if you've left your own behind. We had late afternoon checkout, and took the hotel shuttle the 3 minute drive to our gate.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear babbettandcaptbill,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments which will indeed help other travelers to make an informed choice on their accommodation when in Roissy.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We shall by all means take your comments on board, and as always, I embrace all of the feedback received about the service at the bar as it is only through this feedback that we can make the relevant improvements to our service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distance future.

Best regards

Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Had occasion to stay again at the Hilton Hotel, Paris CDG Airport last Friday(26 July). Well signed from terminal 2E and easily reached by the CDGVAL train, and a less than 10 minute walk in the sunshine.

Upon arrival at 2pm my room was not available, but as I'd booked an executive one the receptionist immediately booked me into the Executive Lounge, so I had a more than pleasant 30 minute wait for my key to be delivered to me. The room was very clean and quiet, the bed extremely comfortable and I had a nice view overlooking Concorde and the airport, which I'd requested when initially booking the room.

The Executive Lounge has been moved from the 8th floor, and now occupies the old bar area on the ground floor just to your right upon entering the hotel. Very nice it is aswell. Three computer terminals have replaced the old one, and the seating, lighting and general layout give out a very positive feel, and the atmosphere is one of total calm. The complimentary snacks and drinks seem to be better aswell, and the red wine in the evening was very tasty indeed.

I had breakfast in the main restaurant area the next morning, rather than the Executive Lounge. An extremely good choice of continental breakfast, plus a more traditional British one were available. A very nice way to start the day, and all included in the price.

All staff that I spoke to ranging from the reception desk through to the room cleaning teams were very positive, polite and extremely helpful.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone, especially for an overnight airport stay. So many thanks to the Hilton management and all staff for another very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for an airport view, otherwise you may end up looking out at the opposite wing of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear starliner,

We would like to thank you for choosing us again during your recent visit to Paris.

It was truly a treat for us at the Hilton Paris CDG Airport to have been able to create such a positive experience for you. Our guest’s comfort and satisfaction are our top priority as each guest is extremely important to us.
Thank you for kindly acknowledging our staff’s efforts within your review.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards

Beausoleil, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

About me: I travel extensively for business and pleasure, with 30 to 40 hotel stays per year around the world.
Firstly, I must say that my opinion of this hotel would be different if I hadn't been going there for the past five years... since the middle of 2010, things have been going South at this hotel, and it's quite unfortunate, given the great location and the great views of the different runways.
The rooms are good and usually spacious and the check-in/out process is usually fine... but can you expect any less from a 4 star hotel at this price range? No
This is where the good stops and the bad begins...
Anything that has to do with food and beverage is horrendous, the staff is usually not smiling and quite unprofessional, I asked for some coffee with hot milk and the waitress did not even look at me, went to her work area, mixed the amount of coffee and milk that she deemed to be ok and came back to drop it on my table... Regarding breakfast, the choices and quality of the items are mediocre at best (I was impressed by my Breakfast there through February 2010, however Every Single product and service has gone downhill since then), as an example, I have been there 3 times in the last 2 months, and 2 out of the 3 times, there was no Nutella available! To top it all off, the breakfast staffers don't have the common courtesy of informing the guests that the buffet is closing, they just roll the items out!
The Executive Lounge is nice and clean, but there's hardly anything good in it, all the food items are usually flour based (hint: to cheaply fill you up) and there's hardly any choice, the choice of drinks is minimal and alcoholic beverages are only served during a two hour window. I've seen much better lounges in the Hilton family of products, much better! Outside of specific times, the lounge is not staffed, so good luck getting any help, you have to go to reception to get some help.
So why do I keep coming back to this property? Because as a HH Gold member, I usually get nice and spacious rooms, but it's the ONLY good thing about this property for me, and all other aspects of my stay are negative. I usually stay here in between trips to get some rest.
I hope that the management team at this hotel is taking notice from frequent travelers, this is a 4 star hotel, priced like a 4 star hotel, and the service should be one of a 4 star hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Le_Iceman,

Thank you for joining TripAdvisor and for taking a moment to express concerns about your recent visit to our hotel.

While we are glad that you enjoyed our location and your guestroom, especially the view, it is truly regrettable that you were disappointed with any other aspects of your stay. We do understand that the smallest details can leave a big impression with our guests and assure you that we will use your feedback to improve.

We sincerely hope you will give us another chance to offer authentic Hilton hospitality when you return to the area. Thank you!

Sincerely Yours

Alison Palin

Been to Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport? Share your experiences!