“Quiet, nice hotel but expensive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport

Save Saved
You added Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Roissypole, Rue de Rome, BP16461 | Tremblay En France, 95708 Roissy-en-France, France   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 33%
Ranked #7 of 32 hotels in Roissy-en-France
Victoria, Canada
“Quiet, nice hotel but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Charles de Gaulle for 8 nights during the Paris Airshow. The room was pleasant and clean however it does need some updating. The staff in general were attentive and helpful and the concierge was very good (and patient) helping me to navigate my way into the city by taxi and train. The Metro/RER station is a quick 5 minute walk which is great. As with all hotels the food was expensive but still quite good. I had both the breakfast and dinner buffet's as well as the general menu items and enjoyed them all. I recommend the cafe in the train station to get water/drinks and snacks as the prices were much cheaper than at the hotel. The executive lounge was a nice quiet spot to have a coffee in the morning before the start of the day. I had use of the business center as well and the service was prompt and courteous. The internet/wifi connection was fast and stable however, at 25.00 euro's per 24 hours its expensive. I also visited the gym and it was clean and bright, a tiny bit small but not a problem as there were only a couple of us in there. Overall it was a very good hotel but needs some updating in the rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't overlook the train/bus station - extremely boring.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Cherlynhar,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on the Hilton Paris CDG Airport. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. The staff is always here to help and enjoy working with each guest to ensure a great stay.

Thank you for also sharing areas of opportunity that we can try to improve on. We strive to improve all areas we can to ensure that guests are happy and remain loyal to our hotel.

Again thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Paris.

Warm regards

1,358 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Finding this hotel at CDG can be challenging to disconcerting if you're not already familiar with the airport's layout and/or are arriving late in the evening, so make sure you have an idea of where to go beforehand. Having status at Hiltons, we had a room with a very nice view of the Concorde. Rooms are clean and spacious, albeit dated. Pretty decent as an airport hotel

Room Tip: Ask for room with a view of the Concorde
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear kangchenjunga,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to see by your comments that we were able to meet your needs, and it will give me great pleasure to pass on your remarks with the relevant departments.

Kind regards,

Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel is a short walk to the airport train which is great. The room was very nice and clean.

I do have a few complaints.

1) I had a lot of bags and needed a taxi at 430 am to get to the airport. They said that there were no taxis available at that time.

2) Their shuttle only goes to terminal 2 and I had to go to terminal 1- With all my heavy bags (and I have a back problem!) I had to walk to the train (not far but when you have lots of bags and you're alone it sucks).

3) Free wifi is only in the lobby which is ok but I didn't the internet in my room for privacy and thought that 25 Euros for in room internet was a total rip off.

Overall it's a nice hotel, clean and close to the airport but some services need improvement,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear SCDG1983,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had a enjoyable stay with us. Your feedback has been shared with our team.

About the shuttle, the Airport Authorities, since July 2010, has stopped the shuttle services for all airport hotels to Terminal 1 and 3. Our only stop is at the TGV Station in Terminal 2. And unfortunately, taxis do not want to do such a short ride. However, we are lucky enough to have the CDGVal, the airport train, free of charge, really close from the hotel, as you mentionned.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel again in the very near future.

Kind Regards

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed hear on business for just one night. First impressions are good, the shuttle bus driver from the airport was polite and helped with my bag.

Upon check in the reception staff were excellent, and I was booked into room 801 which I was told I was lucky to get as it had the best view. He was right, I was looking straight across Concorde towards the runway - fantastic view for a plane spotter like me ;-)
The room was huge, and clean. Nothing to fault at all.

I used the executive lounge which was really useful. Free wifi, few free drinks and free food - great opportunity to catch up on my emails and make a few calls.

I dined with a colleague in the restaurant. The food was fab (but pricey) although the service was no better than average, in fact one item we ordered never turned up.

The bar has a really nice atmosphere, and its really light and airy, but the price was high - 32 euros for 2 x g&t's ensured I wasn't going to have one to many!

Overall, a great hotel and one I will stay in next time I'm in Paris

Room Tip: Try for room 801 - fab view for the plane spotter
Dear Mikeyplus6,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. I was happy to know that we were able to offer you a quiet place to rest and relax during your layover. It’s great to hear that our staff met your expectations, it’s definitely something we pride ourselves on.

Although our prices are set according to our local environment and competition, your point has been taken into consideration and will be matter of discussion in our Department Heads meeting.

We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Roissy CDG!

Best regards

Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is our 2nd stay at this hotel. The rooms are SOUNDPROOFED. It is amazing that you can't hear ANY noise from the airport. It is a large, lovely hotel which does NOT sacrifice comfort for its modern and chic style. We stayed here six nights. Check-in was quick and easy - and Bilal was so welcoming and helpful. As "Hilton Gold" we were up graded to "executive" status and we were then able to access their wonderful executive lounge and free DELICIOUS breakfast! The ride in from Paris center on the blue RER takes about 35-60 minutes on a SCARY, run down "graffiti"ed train crowded with an 85%- 95% migrant population trying to get to the city center as well - OR - you could experience a 60-90 minute ride on a comfortable, clean city bus that runs just in back of the hotel. It drops you at the "Opera" metro stop by the Opera Garnier, which is a beautiful part of town. During the 6 days, we used both ways to get into town and back to the hotel. . . my husband preferred the faster, dirty RER, I preferred the slower but cleaner and more comfortable bus. As an older lady, I would NOT have felt comfortable riding the RER alone at night.
Two small suggestions: Even though the hotel provides free Wi-Fi for Hilton Gold and Diamond guests, which is appreciated, I would like to suggest to the hotel that they stop changing the code everyday to access it. It was a bit of a hassle to call down for the code everyday. I would also suggest that there be an employee in the business center from 8-5 p.m. seven days a week. I went there many times while I was a guest at the hotel, and all three computers were "offline" every time I went - and there was no one there to help. Telling guests to "contact the front desk for assistance" isn't really very helpful.
But those are small concerns compared to how wonderful this hotel is. Large, beautiful rooms, comfortable beds, and great service given from all staff. Magnifique!

Room Tip: I don't think there are any bad rooms. The rooms are quiet and plush. This is not a typical &q...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear MandMIdaho,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Paris CDG Airport. We appreciate you taking the time to post a positive review on Tripadvisor. Meeting and exceeding guest expectations is important to us and I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay. Your highlights on our caring service, well-appointed rooms and good location are much appreciated. Also, for your information, we have now implemented a new 3 or 5 days Internet voucher, with just one code.

Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Jaipur, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed just for 1 night in this luxurious property and I must say, they treat you exceptionally well. Very caring staff with polite mannerisms. Attention to details and a lavish buffet just add up to its convenient proximity to the terminal.
All in all, a wonderful experience...would love to stay longer the next time I visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear vaibhus,

Many thanks for sharing your review on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel and we hope to serve you again very soon.

Kind Regards

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed three nights here, was the right choice instead of staying at Paris city centre. Buses and trains regular and only a half hour to the heart of Paris. Big room for the right price. Have stayed in Paris two years prior and stayed at city centre but room was so tiny and for the same price got bigger room at the Hilton. Very friendly service, fast and efficient. You can buy train or bus tickets for visitors pass for your length of stay and it covers train, bus and metro and save you having to buy tickets each time. Just don't lose it and its cheaper in the long run. Go on give it a go. Buffet dinner was excellent value, staff very knowledgeable.

Room Tip: Our room overlook the runway but you don't hear the noise. We had the Concorde mounted up just o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear rockyPerth_Australia,

Thank you for your excellent review! Indeed, our location is very good to visit Paris, with buses and trains nearby, and we hope you were able to visit many of the city’s highlights during your visit. It is also pleasing to read that you had a comfortable stay at our hotel.

We certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Paris CDG Airport when you are next travelling our way.

Yours sincerely,

Alison Palin

Been to Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport? Share your experiences!