“Nice hotel, check your bill” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport

Save Saved
You added Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Roissypole, Rue de Rome, BP16461 | Tremblay En France, 95708 Roissy-en-France, France   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Minnesota
“Nice hotel, check your bill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Convenient, high quality hotel for airport stop over. Stayed twice, coming and going to central France, and had trouble with my bill both times. Traveled with an associate, I made the reservations but her room charged to my credit card despite extended attempts to make sure this did not happen. Feel like they fake they don't understand English...also someone else's bar bill on my bill, ect....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear RedShark_8,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. Although in general, you have been positive in your feedback, I am disappointed to hear of the bill issue during your stays, and I would like to convey our most sincere apologies for the shortfall in our service. Your feedback has been shared with our Front Office Manager, who will revise it with the team, to avoid any similar occurrences in future.

On the other hand, with the assistance of your observations, I do hope that you are able to return to the Hilton Paris CDG Airport and we can make your 'almost perfect' stay into a PERFECT one!

Best regards

Alison Palin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Malvern, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was staying one night at the Paris Hilton CDG hotel before my trip back to the States. I was too tired to go out looking for a restaurant nearby, especially after reading many reviews that said there were no good restaurants in the area. So I expected to just get something to fill me up but I wasn't expecting much in hotel food. The hotel restaurant opened at 7pm. I was extremely surprised to find a nice selection of food. I picked the Salmon and it was perfectly prepared and was very fresh. I even ate the skin because it was nice and crisp. Dinner was served with a salad with a very good vinaigrette and a very tasty carmelized onion mixed with something else. The meal also included french bread and very good butter. And I chose a Red wine by the decanter that I found further back on their wine list. It was not as expensive as the other selections but was excellent. The atmosphere and service was also very good and I found that if I engaged in a conversation with the waiter, he became very helpful and courteous. Yes it was pricey but about the same that I paid elsewhere in France for a nice meal. My overall experience was a great surprise especially being in a hotel. So I highly recommend this one if you want a nice meal but don't want to go outside of the airport looking for food. The hotel itself was very nice and I also got a massage while I was there and that was EXCELLENT!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear kcarlis,

We have read your recent review about our property and warmly thank you for your positive feedback.

We just reopened our restaurant, Le Skylight, and our goal is for our guests to experience classic French dishes inventively reinterpreted with the finest regional products. Our Chef revisit French gastronomy in his own fashion and much tastier. So we were delighted that you were able to enjoy a good experience.

I am personally going to pass on your kind words to the team and I do hope to meet you on your next stay with us which I do hope is in the near future

Best regards

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Convenient location if you are catching an early flight out of CDG. Rooms are nice and staff at the front desk is very helpful and courteous. The Hilton Honors lounge is not impressive and was often without food. The restaurant is extremely slow and the food very poor.

Do not take a taxi to the airport when approached by a "taxi driver." Take the tram that is nearby (front desk will give directions). As with the rest of Paris, beware of the gypsies in the tram station that are waiting to steal things from unsuspecting tourists...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear USAWelder,

I hope you had a safe and pleasant trip home, thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with others, I truly appreciate this.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that it won’t be too long before you come back to CDG, where a very warm welcome awaits you.

Kind regards.

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed twice at the king junior suite of the Hilton CDG: on the first and on the last day of our vacation. We were traveling with two small kids and this seemed to be the best option available around CDG airport, since it did not require us to either sleep in two separate rooms or sleep on a sofa bed.
This choice turned out to be a great one, since we had a very good stay and we highly recommend it.
The service provided by the hotel's personnel was excellent and we felt very welcome.
This huge suite is actually composed of two separate rooms, separated by a private hallway, so we put our baggage against the doors to keep them open as a single unit (See picture). The rooms were very clean, extremely well lit (which is not common for a hotel room), and perfectly equipped. The complimentary herbal tea and water bottles added to the comfortable feeling this room gave. One of the two bathrooms had a big bathtub in addition to the shower; both bathrooms were clean and well equipped.
On each of our stays we were given a different suite, but apart for some small differences, we found them to be almost identical, including the spectacular views of the close runways.
The room rate includes an entry to the Executive Lounge which offers a good breakfast; cakes and snacks in the afternoon; and a very good variety of food and beverages all day round. This is something to consider when you choose your room rate, since a "breakfast included" room rate is also available, and seems like a waste of money if all you need is a quick but very enjoyable breakfast on your way to the airport.
Sadly, there was one aspect in which this hotel fails, and left us with a bit of bitter taste -
We ordered in-room dining for dinner on both of our stays, and the food was absolutely horrible. On our first stay we ordered a pizza which had a foul smell and a cheeseburger which came in a bun which was dry and hard to chew. On our second stay it was even worse; we ordered two omelets, which were so runny and under-cooked that they could have been presented as an egg soup. When we called to complain, a replacement omelet was sent to our room, which was even runnier than the first two. We ended up being charged for the replacement omelet as well, paying a total of 57 EURO for all three inedible omelets. This experience was emphasized by the fact that the food at the executive lounge was very tasty, so we could not find an explanation for this.
To sum up – We would definitely recommend this hotel and its suites, as a great option for families. Just stay away from the room service if you value your health and money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear doix,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. Although you have departed feeling satisfied with your overall experience I am concerned with regards to your feedback on the room-service. I can assure you that I have shared your comments with the relevant departments, and this shall be investigated for improvement.

On the other hand, I really appreciate your positive opinions about our suites, it was so good to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to get to welcome you on another occasion.

Kind regards,

Lakewood, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We requested no-feathers room, March 2013. The second floor room 203 smelled of old feathers, and asthma started. Asked for another room without the feather particles. Kind staff removed offending comforter, and we used sheets. But by morning, had tight chest and not much sleep, at the beginning of the long flight home. Awful. But the week before, we had requested a no-feathers room. Either the room was no-feathers as requested, or the room had good quality down that does not break down into the tiny particles that float in the air and cause asthma. The room without the feather problem was on the 7th floor, which is the executive floor. One suspects some staff don't believe feathers are a problem, and some staff do, and are able to find a room that is feather-free.

Room Tip: Asthma - don't stay here.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Carol F,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Hilton Paris CDG Airport. Your comments have received our full attention and we sincerely regret that we have not been able to meet your expectations.

For the moment, we indeed do not have a feather-free room, so we change the comforter in sheets and the feather pillow in synthetic pillow when requested. However, we are currently working on a real allergen-free room, with wooden floor, sheets, synthetic pillow...

We are constantly looking to improve ourselves and you have provided us with valuable feedback. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

Kind regards

Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Great family sized rooms!!
While I am sure that most travellers to this hotel are probably on business, my family and I stayed one night before heading off to Trianon in Dec 2011.
Booked adjoining club level rooms and was very pleasantly surprised by the size. Monstrously large by both European and American standards!!
Anyway, the hotel hit a foul in that I wasn't told that the executive lounge was closed for remodelling at the time of our stay. That was Hilton's fault as I booked directly from the Hilton site. The hotel compensated by giving us food and beverage vouchers.
My children loved the fact that they could walk to the elevator area and see planes moving all around. You're that close!
Service was good. Breakfast was very,very good. Beds were heavenly. Size of room was great. Don't know how old the place is, but everything looked top notch. Gosh I wish this hotel was in central Paris. Nice, nice, nice!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear RoomToMove,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay at The Hilton Paris CDG Airport. We are delighted that you enjoyed the comfort of our room and the service provided.

Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. I will be pleased to share your comments with our Team.

We look forward to welcoming you back shortly!

Kind Regards,

USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel is convenient to CDG terminal 1, 2. Restaurant choices and exec lounge are very low quality. We stayed one night and that was enough, very disappointed with his Hilton property. Fortunately , this was the last night of a fantastic trip to Paris so had no effect on our feelings about the city and people. Is convenient to get up and going for early flight

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear billhowa99,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time and trouble to comment your recent stay at the Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle.

Your evaluation of our various services and facilities is very much appreciated, since it is only through guests, such as yourself, that I can make sure our standards correspond to our guests’ needs.

I read your remarks with great concern and please accept my apologies for the issues experienced with the executive lounge and the buffet during your last stay. Please rest assured that your comments have been discussed with the team to ensure we improve the quality. We moved our executive lounge to the lobby area to ensure we can deliver a higher quality of food and beverage and more space for our valued guests.

I sincerely hope that despite this setback you feel able to continue to stay with the Hilton Paris CDG Airport in the future.

Thank you.

Warm regards

Alison Palin

Been to Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport? Share your experiences!