“Quiet comfort and convenient CDG hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport

Save Saved
You added Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Roissypole, Rue de Rome, BP16461 | Tremblay En France, 95708 Roissy-en-France, France   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Taipei, Taiwan
“Quiet comfort and convenient CDG hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The hotel is located minutes walk from CDGVAL (airport monorail) of Terminal 3. Turn right after exiting the station and walk toward the exit where the public restroom is. It’s another couple of minutes walk from the terminal to get to the hotel. There is cover from rain on the walk way until the last 50 yards or so, but I can imagine getting soaked without umbrella when there is rain. Check-in was relatively easy and friendly. I was given a room on the executive floor and it was quiet and comfortable. The room décor felt it was showing some age, but everything was clean and functional. I like the view of the watching airplanes on the tarmac but was very glad that there was no engine noise heard in my room. Internet connection was fast and reliable.

Executive lounge was pretty standard. Light d’oeuvre is served in the evening that consists of cheese balls, salad, and sausages during my stay. Good thing that they serve some decent wine. Executive lounge was very busy in the evening; perhaps there is nowhere else to go except for the Ibis hotel next door.

Gym was good size with the latest equipment. Indoor pool was not very exciting. Sauna was relaxing. Breakfast was very good and had full selection of hot and cold food.

The only issue I had was during checkout. There was a group of tourist that apparently didn’t speak any English that had the entire team of receptionist unable to manage checkout process. I don’t understand why 5 receptionists have to service the group at the same time and neglecting other guests. After being told that their computer terminal was down and waiting another 5 minutes I was given the speedy checkout I usually experienced at Hilton.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear TP2WXC,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. Overall, a fairly satisfactory experience for you, however I am slightly disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations due to the slow service mentioned at check-out. Rest assured I have shared your feedback with our Front Office Manager who shall address the service standards.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Paris CDG Airport again in the future.

Kind regards,

Alison Palin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have stayed here before and have never been disappointed. There is nothing special about the hotel but it all works. The staff are very helpful and accommodating given how busy they are with the constant turnover of guests. This time we ate in the restaurant and were very pleasantly surprised. The quality of the food and service was excellent. Another plus is that it is only a short walk (<5 minutes) to the train station which takes you into Paris. Will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear foolonthehill,

I am happy to read that your stay was a pleasure, and we look forward to welcoming back to the Hilton Paris CDG Airport again in the near future.

Kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed in this hotel a the end of March and beginning of April on business. The first occasion I was unimpressed with the cleanliness of the room I was given. There was long black hair in the bed, lots of long black hair in the plug hole of the shower cubicle, the coffee making area was dirty and the coffee table in the room wobbled so much it was unsafe to put anything on it. I noticed all this in the morning as I had checked in close to midnight and had gone straight to bed. Had I seen this beforehand I would have asked for another room. On check out I brought the issues to the attention of the duty manager who was very apologetic, thanked me for telling him and offered me a coffee for my departure. On the whole I was happy with how the issues had bee received.

My second stay was about a week and a half later and when I got into my room I had a quick look around. I found long black hair in the sink, coffee spill marks on the desk and something on the carpet that hadn't been vacuumed (suffice to say I could be sure the whole room hadn't been vacuumed. I immediately asked for another room which I was given. Surprise, this room was not properly prepared either. The coffee facilities had not been re-stocked and there was a used bottle of complementary body wash lying on the floor of the shower cubicle. I immediately called reception to tell them I was dissatisfied but did not want to move as it was yet again past midnight and I had an early start. The man apologised and quickly had coffee supplies sent up and gave me free wifi for 24 hours.

On the whole I find that the rooms in this hotel are dirty or there is not care or pride taken by housekeeping in maintaining the rooms in a good order for future guests. Cleanliness is a basic thing in hotels and this is not being achieved in this Hilton.

Other things to consider is the location. For my purposes it is good as it is close to the airport and there is little to no noise from the planes. The breakfast is good and if you're not too fussy you won't go hungry. The restaurant staff are very friendly (surprising by Parisian standards) and the hotel staff in general are helpful. The internet I was provided was very very very slow and is just about enough for normal web browsing, so if I had paid on this occasion I would have been very disappointed as it is advertised as high speed. I conducted a speed test at speedtest.net and the download speed only managed 0.41 Mbps.

I hope this helps.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear barefoot82 ,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I was most disappointed to learn of the various issues you experienced during your stay and have shared your feedback with the Executive Housekeeper. Some of the concerns which you have raised are unacceptable and have been addressed immediately. This does not reflect the usual high standard of service which we pride ourselves on. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Once again, thank you very much for your invaluable feedback as this has enabled us to address certain areas, ensuring that no future guests are inconvenienced in the same way which you were. We very much look forward to welcoming you back for a first class service stay.

Yours sincerely

Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

First of all this hotel has all of the amenities you would expect from a Hilton. It appears fairly new, the rooms are spotless and spacious and quiet. Upon arriving at CDG it is not very clear where to find the hotel bus shuttle or the train to take you to the hotel. Perhaps this Hilton could include that information when they send an e-mail confirmation of your reservation. We tried calling the hotel 3 times from the airport to ask where we could get the shuttle & no one ever answered the phone. Also, in the morning, there was a shuttle bus running outside with no driver. Customers put their own luggage in back and we sat in bus for 10 minutes until someone came out & said that bus wasn't going anywhere. We had to exit and get on another bus & wait for the driver again. This was 8:30 in the morning, the whole shuttle process seems very inefficient as we also waited quite a while to catch the shuttle to get to the hotel too. With improvements made to the shuttle system, this hotel would have received an excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Daisy1225,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to let us have your impressions about your visit at the Hilton Paris CDG Airport.

I am delighted to read the positive comments you express about your experience at our property and I would like to sincerely thank you for it.

However, we regret that we did not entirely meet your expectations. Your comments about the shuttle have been taken into consideration and were matter of discussion in our Department Heads meeting. Guest feedback is an important source to evaluate our efficiency and determine areas of improvement in service. Your contribution was very helpful and appreciated and we hope we may look forward to welcoming you with us again in a not too far distance.

Warmest regards

Houston, TX
1,728 helpful votes 1,728 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We recently here for a night compliments of United Airlines who cancelled our flight back to the US. I would never have chosen to stay here but this was all that United offered. (We normally stay at the Sheraton in Terminal 2 when we have an early morning flight.) However, we were pleasantly surprised with most everything about the Hilton so here are the main points of our stay:

- Excellent location for airport departures: You are on the airport grounds so to get to a Terminal, you catch the free "CDGVal" subway which takes about 10 minutes.
- Well kept: The hotel was large with an airy atrium. Our room was clean, spacious and nicely furnished. The bed was exceptionally comfortable and there was thankfully no noise from the planes. Our bathroom had a separate shower and large tub which was useful.
- Internet: Free for use in the lobby, 25 euro for use in your room.
- Restaurant: We ate at the Hilton's buffet breakfast which was chaotic at 8:30 am. The hostess seemed very new and distracted. A number of the "clean" plates had food smears baked onto them which was very unsanitary and disgusting. I would have reported it but there was very few staff working during breakfast so I felt fortunate to even find someone to bring coffee. The food at the buffet was plentiful but incredibly bland.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jemimagold,

Thank you very much for your visit to our property, even though it was not planned! We are glad you enjoyed our location and amenities, and would also like to apologize if some of our services did not meet your expectations.

We have duly noted your feedback regarding the service at breakfast. Be sure it will be forwarded to our F&B Manager for consideration and improvement.

Wishing you safe travels and looking forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit!

Regards

Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Really appreciated that this hotel cAn be reached from any terminal by taking the CDGval. I arrived in after midnight on a delayed flight and I was glad I didn't have to wait for a shuttle bus that might or might not have arrived.

Hotel itself is ok. Was upgraded to a larger room but no note was taken of my (1hour) late checkout so despite having "do not disturb sign on" I was hassled in the morning by a determined staff member who was sent by reception to kick me out. Not good.

My diamand benefits were honoured.

Breakfast was pedestrian but it has never been. Meal the French have excelled at.

I have stayed 4 times in last few months at the Hilton Heathrow T5 and that is definetly a better airport hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear sjh2311,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and you very extensive feedback about your experience. We highly appreciate that you share your impressions with us and this will allow us to follow up on all different points. Of course, we are pleased that you have had an overall positive experience and that you allow us to improve on your suggestions!

We look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you back to Paris.

Kind regards

Moscow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Hotel is not new (need some refurbishment), but very good location after busy day in Paris to spend a night if you have very early flight (my flight was at 6.45 am), so you don’t need to get up at 3am.
Rooms are large, reception staff is very polite (even propose me breakfast for take away, as it was paid).
BUT, be very careful in restaurant: they serve wine and water (it looks like complement), and then add all this things into your bill. Not very nice for hotels this level.
In general OK for spending one night before flight.

Room Tip: All rooms hase runaway view. Ask about 7 floor rooms.