“Good Hilton very close to CDG airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport

You added Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Roissypole, Rue de Rome, BP16461 | Tremblay En France, 95708 Roissy-en-France, France   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Brussels, Belgium
“Good Hilton very close to CDG airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed there one night before taking an early flight from Paris CDG. The hotel had all you can expect from a Hilton hotel. Our room was quite large, no queue at check-out thanks to express check-out service, all in all we had a very good night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Thom2121,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. It would appear that you were satisfied with your overall experience with us, and I shall certainly share all of your feedback with the relevant departments within the hotel.

Furthermore, I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Paris CDG Airport again in the future.

Kind regards,

Alison Palin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I've traveled for work around the world for the last 10 yrs and I have stayed at many, many hotels... from the smallest hostel type to the most luxurious you can imagine. Through those years I've been a loyal Hilton fan (although I have to admit... I prefer Marriott Hotels) and have grown used to the consistently good service and food that Hilton Hotels have to offer. It doesn't matter if Im in Toronto Canada or Soeul South Korea... I have always had consistently good experiences during my stays. I have a flight leaving in the morning her from Paris Airport and I had orginally booked a night at the Marriott Paris Charles De Gaulle...and it was a few kilometers away.... but later found there was a this Hilton right across the street from Terminal 3. I changed my booking and that's how I found myself here. I went down for dinner....well I was immediately dissapointed in the decor.... it felt very cafeteria like... and it took 5 min for someone to even come seat me. Anyway, I was seated and at first the service was good. I wanted to make it a quick dinner so I ordered everything I wanted at once.... the rack of lamb and as a side the rice... after being in Russia, Finland and Nantes, and Lyon in France earlier in the week I had been acsustomed to some very good foood! Well I got the lamb and rice at the Hilton and the rice was so hot!! it had been microwaved!!!!... but worst of all no flavor... no salt or even pepper.... the lamb... cold!!! Grissly and tastless... come on! This is Paris for crying out loud!!! And!!! the lamb was $37.00 USD!!!! The rice.... was $6.75USD!!!! Add the wine and the water I had and it was $74.50 USD!!! Wow!!!! for a very bad meal and ambiance... I then asked for the check and they took almost 20min (no exageration here) to bring me my check... (I was tempted to leave without paying but I didn't)... I'm sorry to say I left no tip... I feel bad because I never do this but I just didnt want to contribute to this bad service. I have given this review 2 stars only because my room is as expected....nice clean and comfortable. I'm Still a Hilton fan .... just not this hotel. I saw the Ibis Hotel on my walk here...and now wish I would have stayed there... or the Novotel that I was told was also good.... I would really not recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear juanmbravo,

First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay in our Hotel. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our Guests, which helps us in our constant aim to achieve the highest quality standards.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your room.

However, this is with deep regret that I have noted that your stay was not to your expectations because of the dinner you had, for which I sincerely apologize. I would like to ensure you that I have shared your observations with our Food & Beverage Manager, who shall certainly investigate further, and make the appropriate improvements.

Despite the above, I hope that you will not be deterred from returning to the Hilton Paris CDG Airport, as we would like to redeem ourselves and prove to you that your experience was the exception rather the rule. Our new restaurant / Bar, the Skylight, will open on February 25th, and I am sure you will enjoy it!

We realize that every guest has a choice when traveling and we thank you for making Hilton family of hotels your choice. We look forward to the opportunity to serve your future travel needs.

Yours sincerely

Fort Worth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Location:
At Roissypole in the CDG airport area.

Getting to Hotel from Airport:
From terminal 2 took the CDGVAL to Roissypole (runs frequently and took about 5 minutes) then 2 minute walk to Hilton.

Hotel was undergoing renovations. There was a temporary restaurant and the lobby facilities were very limited in terms of a place to sit with working power ports.

Check-In:
Waited about 5 mins in line. Fast and smooth. Asked for and got high floor with Concorde view.

Room:
Large and comfortable.

Safe:
Yes. Large size.

Room Service:
Food delivered was accurate to order within 15 mins of ordering.
Food quality was good and well presented. (Good Penne and Italian Salad).
Prices seemed appropriate for higher end hotels in Paris.

Elevators:
Malfunctioning the first day with doors not closing properly and having to wait a while for a working one to come by.
Become fast and dependable on second day.

Desk:
Good working height.
Table lamp.
Wall socket at desk level for European power plugs only.

Desk Chair:
Adjustable to a comfortable working height.

Iron:

Room Lighting:
Bedside lamps.
Good lighting.

Closet, Drawer and Cabinet Space:
Medium sized closet with hanging area.
Drawer space below TV cabinets.

Phones:
Phone on desk.
Phone bedside.
Phone in bathroom.

Couch:
Large settee.

TV:
Medium sized LCD on cabinet.
Several English language channels.

Windows:
Large window.
Curtains effective at blocking sunlight.

Balcony:

View from Room:
Overlooking Concorde model.
Terminal 1 in background.
Good plane spotting during certain times of the days.

Bathroom:
Several amenities.
Water pressure strong.
Very hot hot water.
Heated mirror.
Shaver outlet for European style plugs.
Heated bathroom floor: No.

Morning Newspaper at Door:
English papers in lobby on weekdays.

Gym:
Did not use but looked well equipped.

Pool:
11m pool which is a bit short for laps.
Very clean and nice pool area.
Water temperature well suited for swimming.

Steam Room:
Not sure if there is one.

Sauna:
Well lit clean large sauna.

Noise Level in Room:
Very quiet.

Internet in Room:
Wireless.
Access using roaming partner.

Bed:
King size bed.
Bedside lamps.
Very comfortable and firm.
Very clean.

Room Cleanliness:
Very well cleaned daily.

Air Conditioning:
Very effective.

Alarm Clock and Wakeup:
Wake up calls requested from reception were always on time.

Laundry Service:
Did not use.

Microwave Oven:

Breakfast:
Picked up a quick (cheaper) breakfast at Roissypole next door in the mornings.

Restaurant:
Did not use the temporary restaurant.

Parking:
Did not use.

Staff:
Very polite.

Check Out:
Fairly fast checkout.

Getting from Hotel to Airport:
2 minute walk to Roissypole then 5 minute CDGVAL to terminal 1.

Room Tip: Some rooms look inwards or onto other buildings. Ask for room with Concorde view to get an open vie...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear ymff,

"WOW".... It is the first thing that cross my mind when I read your review, and I cannot thank you enough fot this detailled and very valuable feedback!

I am delighted to see by your comments that we were able to meet your needs, and I sincerely appreciate your kind and positive comments regarding the service provided by our team members. It will give me great pleasure to pass on your remarks with the relevant departments.

The ultimate compliment is a recommendation to others: thank you!

We look forward to seeing you again here at The Hilton Paris CDG Airport in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

it was a great location for what we needed. the staff was excellent in helping us in our requests. the hotel was very nice and clean. perfect for everything you would expect in an airport hotel. if you are looking for a hotel next to the airport this is it

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear nartx84,

Thank you for taking the time to update your comments on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our service was up to your standards as we constantly strive to achieve the highness quality in terms of service and to respond in the best possible way to our guest needs.

I do sincerely thank you for having chosen us on the occasion of this visit, and look forward to welcoming you upon your next travels!

Kind regards

Nottingham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Paying almost €300 for a room - you would expect free wifi and not be stung for €8 for 1 hour usage. There was supposed to be free wifi in the bar area - but this didnt work..
The lifts were tempremental - building work is ongoing (and very noisy). Good quality food - buffet dinner was fine and the breakfast was really very good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear steve7Nottingham,

Thank you for your good comments about the quality of the food. I am sorry to read your overall experience was not as nice as expected, and will share your feedback with my team.

We are constantly looking to improve ourselves and you have provided us with valuable feedback. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Once again say in the executive area if you want a good room with good service. After a couple of complaints about the heating not working in our room and we were upgraded. The staff did their best to try and rectify the problem and make us happy.
Renovations at present will mean one is put out a little but it should be well worth it as the executive lounge is a bit of a draw back. Will look forward to see the changes in the future.

The pool and sauna area is brilliant and well maintained. The only draw back - no phone so if you want to buzz up to the room you cannot. Seeing there is no staff manning this service there really needs to be a 'in house' phone available for people to ring for services. There is an emergency phone painted red which has a sign that one cannot use this for everyday things so to make this area perfect would be an 'in house' phone.

Brilliant for that stay out of Paris and of course, to be close to the airport.

Room Tip: Book in advance for executive room. Insist on non-smoking and a view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Bobby1505,

Thank you for taking time to post your review of the Hilton Paris CDG Airport on Tripadvisor. I very much appreciate your feedback and was pleased to see that you left the hotel with a positive impression.

Your constructive comments have been noted and will be followed up on with the team members involved.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Paris CDG again in the future so you can enjoy our new Restaurant / Bar Area, the Skylight.

Best regards

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The Hilton Charles de Gaulle Airport is hardly a luxury retreat, but it does the trick for flying in and out of Paris.

LOCATION
Well, I can say this much for the Hilton CDG: the location is decent. Within luggage rolling distance of Terminal 3, although the walk outside is not entirely covered overhead.

SERVICE
The front desk agent was begrudgingly polite. To the hotel's credit, my room service order arrived in fewer than 10 minutes.

ATMOSPHERE
Bleak lobby with a dark, ominous restaurant/bar adjacent to it.

SLEEPING ROOMS
Boring decor (to use the term loosely) consisting of tan, beige, eggshell and ecru with splashes of mud brown here and there. I know the French are capable of more style than this.

Vent in the bathroom (which never, ever quits blowing) drowned out the tv, even with the door shut. The lack of sheets on the bed made me feel untucked.

Some redeeming features include a large bathroom with marble surfaces and substantive towels. And he pillows are quality, with some real heft to them.

VALUE
16 Euros for a room service caesar salad, before the litany of service charges are added to the total, is steep. Wi-fi at 12 Euros a day is difficult to justify. I used points so I don't know the room rate. I was told that I would have to pay for breakfast because I didn't pay for mystay, which is a common practice among chains, but it comes off as cheap to me.

I probably shouldn't complain since my stay was free...

IN CONCLUSION
This hotel works for one night, flying in or out. I wouldn't want to stay longer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear Esme_Travels,

Thank you for your kind words and for providing us with your feedback about your recent stay with us.

Be assured we have duly noted your positive comments, but also of your suggestions for improvement and that they will be duly forwarded to our management team for consideration and improvement.

We do thank you for having chosen us on this visit, and hope to welcome you upon your next visits to show you improved services.

We look forward to having you back again soon!

Best regards

Alison Palin

Been to Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport? Share your experiences!