“Great location / great front desk people / worst executive lounge ever!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport

Save Saved
You added Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Roissypole, Rue de Rome, BP16461 | Tremblay En France, 95708 Roissy-en-France, France   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 33%
Ranked #7 of 32 hotels in Roissy-en-France
Paris, France
“Great location / great front desk people / worst executive lounge ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This hotel is very well situated in CDG airport, but very difficult to reach him by car or train (very poor signalisation / wrong directions indicated / complicated area to drive in) but one time you got it, the localisation is perfect.
Check in / Check out is one of the best i've experienced, they really take care of the Hh gold/diamond members and the upgrades are nice. Room was huge for an aiport hotel one, amenities and others stuffs is at hilton standards, no suprises. Complementary wifi is perfect... only one nespresso machine is missing in an executive plus room... Everything is clean but in an 80's US hilton style... not very design or modern. But confortable room, great hilton bed, corner view, no noise, etc.
Food is ok at the bar (Burger is amazing / Left draft a great choice and young people working there are very friendly). The buffet looks very bad, close from Cantine, did not gave it a try.
Regarding staff, the team at the front desk is GREAT : 10000% professionnals and do their best to satisfy you and solve any issues. A real pleasure to meet so efficient front desk people. Congratulations to all the team! They solved an issue regarding huge number and oversize luggages who helped me a lot.
The VERY bad points come from the people working at the hotel room service, executive lounge... we are very close from a low than ZERO degree. Lake of education, unpleasant, closer from "suburbs gang style" people than 5* hotel employees. Not client oriented at all and don't care about nothing except their mobile phone, the chat with collegues and lake of professionnalism.
The executive lounge is the worst i've never experience : 9pm a monday : nothing to eat (even a cold snack), very dirty, garbage everywhere (dirty dishes, napkins...) room service tray in the middle of the entrance of the lounge with dishes and empty bottles. Even the bottle opener was difficult to find (hidden in a cup full of beers/coke caps)... It looks like nobody takes care of the place (nobody in the lounge), nobody take care of the client coming there, etc etc. After asking to the desk what happened, they gave a call, but at 10pm nothing changed, just more empty bottles and employees gossips... This is not at Hilton standards and is very bad because all the great job done by the front desk people/bar tenders is destroyed by this horrible attitude and this disguting executive lounge. Sad to say, but true.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are really huge and corner view on the runways is nice. Smoking floor available.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Bubbles_please,

Thank you so much for taking the time to express your valuable thoughts about your recent stay at the Hilton Paris CDG Airport.

Thank you also for mentioning the ideal airport connection. It sure does make travelling more comfortable.

Great to see that you appreciated the level of service you received by the Front Desk staff. We always strive to fulfill and exceed our guest’s expectations and be sure your warm comments will be forwarded to the team.

However, I was sorry to hear of the disappointments you experienced during you visit to our Executive Lounge and I would like the opportunity to apologize for any short falls in service. Your comments will be duly forwarded to our management team for consideration and improvement.

We would find great pleasure in welcoming you back to the Hilton Paris CDG Airport very soon.

Until then, we thank you once again for your feedback and remain,

With best regards

1,343 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Hilton has some wonderful hotels around the world but this is not one of them. You will only stay in this hotel if you have to. For a layover, for work at the Air France head office or whatever.

A bit worn down rooms, old fashion lobby, old fashion furbished. Breakfast is nothing special, and very unpersonal.

The worst thing is the a la carte menu. Stay away from it. Expensive and tasteless.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Catbert1977,

First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay in our Hotel. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our Guests, which helps us in our constant aim to achieve the highest quality standards.

This is with deep regret that I have noted that your stay was not to your expectations, for which I sincerely apologize.

Hopefully this does not deter you from returning to the Hilton Paris CDG Airport again in the future.

Best regards

Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stay 1 night before our flight home the next morning, standard Hilton with nice staff. What made this stay the difference is my elderly mother forgot her watch (expensive kind) when we checked out the next morning. She did not realize until we return home.

I email the hotel the next day "hoping" and knowing deep down inside the watch is lost. Within 24 hrs, got a replied from Scheherazade Yagoubi that the watch was found! They promtly arrange shipping the watch back to us.

I just want to put a special thanks to Scheherazade & Mariama (housekeeping) for being the great people they are. I travel all over the world and it's people like them that makes our world a wonderful place. THANK YOU!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Gordoncruises,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding the hotel facilities and service on Tripadvisor which we always read with utmost interest.
You can rest assured that I shared your feedback with the team, which will encourage them to maintain their efforts and improve our quality of service every day, with a special comment for Scheherazade and Mariama!

We thank you and sincerely hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Paris CDG Airport in a near future.

Regards

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Standard new Hilton hotel; functional and good standard of rooms and amenities. Meeting rooms are well functioning, most but not all staff are service minded. The lunch buffet is not up to the standard required for a French restaurant so it is easily forgotten. Forget the executive lounge, basically a small converted room with some tables and chairs including basic snacks. Use Sheraton(T3) if you are not traveling at terminal 2

Room Tip: Get rooms from xx10-16 to get runway view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear EKnive,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our rooms and our location.

I appreciate your feedback on the restaurant, I have addressed this issue with the team accordingly.

Please also note that we will be moving, by the beginning of next year, our executive lounge to the lobby area to ensure we can deliver a higher quality of food and beverage and more space for our valued guests.

May I thank you for your feedback which is very helpful in assisting us to improve the service and quality we provide our guests.

Kind regards

Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

While I have no complaints about the comfort or cleanliness of this hotel - I have a major complaint about the fact that I was charged twice for my room. I booked the room through hotwire and when I got to the hotel, I gave them my reservation information and the woman at the desk insisted she needed to run my credit card. I told her I had already paid for the room through hotwire and didn't want to be charged again for it and she assured me she was't charging me again. I was shocked to see another charge on my credit card statement when I got back to the US. I didn't realize she was using my credit card to charge me for the same room again!! I have been trying to get this issue resolved and have still not heard from this hotel. Very poor customer service - but I guess that is to be expected in France!!!

The room was nice and clean and the bed was the most comfortable bed of any place I stayed at in France. I also appreciated the airport shuttle bus which made getting to my flight easy. However, the lack of communication and unwillingness to resolve this over charge of my credit card has really tainted my whole experience with this hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Travel-Queen-Columbu,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding the hotel facilities and service on TripAdvisor which I always read with utmost interest.

I am happy to read your enjoyed the location and bedrooms. Our ideal airport connection as well as the direct access to the suburban trains sure does make travelling more comfortable.

I have also noted your comment about the charge to your card. We do normally take a pre-authorization for extra charges on your card.
This is a regular and standard procedure. At check-in, we authorize a certain amount of money. It is not a charge. The day of the check-out, we release this blocked amount. When the bank does charge it, we have been told that it takes between 3 to 6 weeks, depending on the banks, to reverse it.

However, if it is still on your account after this time, do not hesitate to contact my assistant at juliette.deswarte@hilton.com with your details and we will investigate immediately.

Also, the receptionist should have been clearer on this point and explained it. Our Front Office manager is already working to reinforce the training of the reception team to ensure this will not happen again.

I apologize for the difficulties you encountered. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write a review and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel where everything possible will be done to ensure your complete satisfaction.

Yours sincerely

Winchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Arrived on a late flight from UK. Hotel easily accessible by shuttle or catch transit train to terminal 3 and short walk. Friendly welcome. Excellent room- large and very comfortable although a little devoid of homely touches. Lack of milk on hospitality tray and no iron but hotel redeemed itself through emergency shaving kit ! They also provided a good late night snack (hilton burger) in bar at 2345- exactly what I needed. Had to leave at 7am to catch train from adjacent station but would like to have stayed longer. Worked out cheaper than my normal central paris option- would stay here again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Campbie,

Thank you for being our guest and for posting your review. I am really glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and the services provided, especially the accessibility to the hotel and the quality of the rooms . I also happy to learn that the late snack you had at the bar perfectly met your expectations! I am sorry for the the lack of milk on the tray in the room as it should be there in every rooms .
Again, thank you for providing your valuable feedback.
Looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Yours sincerely,

Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

be sure you get clear directions from CDG as there are no signs and depending on what terminal you are in it can be tricky.Once you are there its typical Hilton. There was no airport noise. The internet was too expensive use your card to access as it will connect faster and will cut the fees down.It takes 40 minutes by train to the city but that is ok for us as that was an experience that added to our adventure.Beware of pick pocketers on the train and in crowded places and scams in touristy places.All in all would recomend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear mssurfcity,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am happy to read you enjoyed our overall service and the hotel.
I am sorry to learn you had some difficulties to find our hotel from the airport and we are currently in contact with the airport to improve information provided to our guests in a clearer and visible manner. With regards to the internet, if you connected from our business center computers, you have choice to pay with your credit card and in this case you can pay per minute or to charge the room directly and the options are for one hour or for 24 hours.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you next require accommodation in Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport!

Alison Palin

Been to Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport? Share your experiences!