“Good alternative for T2” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport

Save Saved
You added Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Roissypole, Rue de Rome, BP16461 | Tremblay En France, 95708 Roissy-en-France, France   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - From €126
Ranked #8 of 32 hotels in Roissy-en-France
Singapore
“Good alternative for T2”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Standard new Hilton hotel; functional and good standard of rooms and amenities. Meeting rooms are well functioning, most but not all staff are service minded. The lunch buffet is not up to the standard required for a French restaurant so it is easily forgotten. Forget the executive lounge, basically a small converted room with some tables and chairs including basic snacks. Use Sheraton(T3) if you are not traveling at terminal 2

Room Tip: Get rooms from xx10-16 to get runway view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear EKnive,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our rooms and our location.

I appreciate your feedback on the restaurant, I have addressed this issue with the team accordingly.

Please also note that we will be moving, by the beginning of next year, our executive lounge to the lobby area to ensure we can deliver a higher quality of food and beverage and more space for our valued guests.

May I thank you for your feedback which is very helpful in assisting us to improve the service and quality we provide our guests.

Kind regards

1,324 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

While I have no complaints about the comfort or cleanliness of this hotel - I have a major complaint about the fact that I was charged twice for my room. I booked the room through hotwire and when I got to the hotel, I gave them my reservation information and the woman at the desk insisted she needed to run my credit card. I told her I had already paid for the room through hotwire and didn't want to be charged again for it and she assured me she was't charging me again. I was shocked to see another charge on my credit card statement when I got back to the US. I didn't realize she was using my credit card to charge me for the same room again!! I have been trying to get this issue resolved and have still not heard from this hotel. Very poor customer service - but I guess that is to be expected in France!!!

The room was nice and clean and the bed was the most comfortable bed of any place I stayed at in France. I also appreciated the airport shuttle bus which made getting to my flight easy. However, the lack of communication and unwillingness to resolve this over charge of my credit card has really tainted my whole experience with this hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Travel-Queen-Columbu,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding the hotel facilities and service on TripAdvisor which I always read with utmost interest.

I am happy to read your enjoyed the location and bedrooms. Our ideal airport connection as well as the direct access to the suburban trains sure does make travelling more comfortable.

I have also noted your comment about the charge to your card. We do normally take a pre-authorization for extra charges on your card.
This is a regular and standard procedure. At check-in, we authorize a certain amount of money. It is not a charge. The day of the check-out, we release this blocked amount. When the bank does charge it, we have been told that it takes between 3 to 6 weeks, depending on the banks, to reverse it.

However, if it is still on your account after this time, do not hesitate to contact my assistant at juliette.deswarte@hilton.com with your details and we will investigate immediately.

Also, the receptionist should have been clearer on this point and explained it. Our Front Office manager is already working to reinforce the training of the reception team to ensure this will not happen again.

I apologize for the difficulties you encountered. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write a review and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel where everything possible will be done to ensure your complete satisfaction.

Yours sincerely

Winchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Arrived on a late flight from UK. Hotel easily accessible by shuttle or catch transit train to terminal 3 and short walk. Friendly welcome. Excellent room- large and very comfortable although a little devoid of homely touches. Lack of milk on hospitality tray and no iron but hotel redeemed itself through emergency shaving kit ! They also provided a good late night snack (hilton burger) in bar at 2345- exactly what I needed. Had to leave at 7am to catch train from adjacent station but would like to have stayed longer. Worked out cheaper than my normal central paris option- would stay here again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Campbie,

Thank you for being our guest and for posting your review. I am really glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and the services provided, especially the accessibility to the hotel and the quality of the rooms . I also happy to learn that the late snack you had at the bar perfectly met your expectations! I am sorry for the the lack of milk on the tray in the room as it should be there in every rooms .
Again, thank you for providing your valuable feedback.
Looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

be sure you get clear directions from CDG as there are no signs and depending on what terminal you are in it can be tricky.Once you are there its typical Hilton. There was no airport noise. The internet was too expensive use your card to access as it will connect faster and will cut the fees down.It takes 40 minutes by train to the city but that is ok for us as that was an experience that added to our adventure.Beware of pick pocketers on the train and in crowded places and scams in touristy places.All in all would recomend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear mssurfcity,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am happy to read you enjoyed our overall service and the hotel.
I am sorry to learn you had some difficulties to find our hotel from the airport and we are currently in contact with the airport to improve information provided to our guests in a clearer and visible manner. With regards to the internet, if you connected from our business center computers, you have choice to pay with your credit card and in this case you can pay per minute or to charge the room directly and the options are for one hour or for 24 hours.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you next require accommodation in Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport!

Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

After two weeks in northern France, our last night was spent at this airport hotel. Since our plane was to leave the next morning, we had decided to stay at an airport hotel to avoid the rush the next morning. It was a great decision. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel and started to unwind after a busy two weeks.

Our room was perfect. It was very quiet. All was very clean. We had a great bed and a wonderful nights sleep. The desk clerk was very professional and friendly. The price was good and we caught the bus out front to the airport. I will definitely stay at this hotel our next trip to France.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear lynda_spcc,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review and sharing your experience of us with the travelling community. We were delighted to welcome you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Melbourne Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I spent one night here as we had an early morning flight. We caught the train from the Loire Valley to the airport and then got the hotel shuttle bus which was very convenient. Our room was a good standard, it was spacious and had a comfortable bed and nice bathroom. We had dinner at the hotel and the food was very good but expensive. Breakfast was included in our rate and it was very good. The only thing wrong with this hotel was that there was no free Wi-Fi and this needs to change.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear joybell27,

Thank you so much for your kind review following your stay with us. I am pleased to read all these good comments concerning the quality of the room and the food. I also read your comment about the internet and this is currently being reviewed .
Thanks again for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you back in the future.

General manager
Sitka,Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Pros:
Close to airport
Comfortable and self contained with restaurant, room service, and courtesy van
No need to go downtown overnight for a connecting flight

Cons:
25 euro/daily internet fee
6 euro a bottle water in room
Coffee in room is powdered instant with a hot water kettle
Desk staff enthusiastic but not knowledgable about airport
Courtesy van driver did not show up for work and delayed our scheduled ride
No neighborhood to walk
CDG airport huge and there is only one stop for the courtesy van. Walking shoes and decent walking ability a must.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear sitka1867,

Thank you for sharing your views on your experience in the Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport. I have taken note of all your comments, the negatives and the positive and will surely keep them into the greatest consideration to improve our services.

I really hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future and ensure this time your complete satisfaction.

Alison Palin

Been to Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport? Share your experiences!