“Nice staff, food should be better” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
The Place is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Place restaurant in Roissy, near Charles-de-Gaulle airport in the hotel area, is a smart, trendy spot, dedicated to your well-being. The colourful, modern decor features white leather seating, wenge parquet, cool table settings and everything possible to create a stress-free atmosphere, where luminotherapy have been cunningly employed to promote your relaxation.The menu includes snails, 400 gr roasted beef, duck fillet, lamb shank, fresh sea bass, creme brulee.... The international wine list certainly assists in the anti-stress programme, as does the excellent service and warm welcome of Nathalie and his team.
Mississauga
“Nice staff, food should be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The staff are very friendly, but because the price is high and this is France, the food should be better than it is. Escargots were bland, "risotto" is not authentic, it's cooked rice in a cream sauce (the waiter admitted they use cream). Lamb shank was delicious, as was the foie gras.
The decor is like a pink nightclub.

Visited March 2014

Panama City, Panama
“Exceptionnal Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

There was my last dinner before travelling back to my resident country. I really enjoyed the good wine that the waitress recommended me. The food was good and the pricing was really reasonnable. What I do need to highlight is the exceptionnal service and attention that I got and this is not so common in France!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong, China
“Nice people, small menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

RECOMMENDED: Staying airport hotel your choices are limited in this small village. The Place illuminates with the color pink. The menu is somewhat small (which I prefer). Menu had a selection for everyone's taste. Prices are reasonable but importantly - the staff welcoming and eager to please (irrespective of your language).

Many of the area restaurants in this area have short hours (typically opening at 7 and closing by 9.30 pm), in colder weather, don't expect big crowds and oft near empty restaurants.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Wonderful meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Our meal hit all the right notes. We shared an appetizer and a dessert to go with entrees of seafood risotto & ravioli. The staff was attentive throughout & service was well paced. It was within easy walking distance of a number of hotels nearby and recommend it without hesitation.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boca Raton, FL
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

My colleagues and I were visiting on business from Germany and the U.S. for several days, staying in Roissy-en-France, and looking for a good restaurant the first night we were here. I had been here two years ago and had visited The Place then and liked it very much, so I recommended it to my friends. We all enjoyed our first visit so much that we came back again on our last night here, after having tried two other local restaurants in the meantime.

The staff is friendly and attentive before and during your meal, but let you relax and stay a while after paying your bill, which is nice. The food was excellent both nights. The three of us each had a different dish the first night, and we were all very happy with what we had. (I had the tortellini with pesto, which was delicious.) We all had the hamburger, fries and salad on our second visit, and that was excellent, too - in fact, I'd go so far as to say it was the best hamburger I've had in years, and I live in the U.S.

The wine is also very nice, and the drinks and beer are good and reasonably priced. The atmosphere is colorful and pleasant. If I come back to Roissy again on business, I will definitely visit again.

• Visited November 2013