“"poor" is generous” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Kyriad Paris Ouest Puteaux

You added Kyriad Paris Ouest Puteaux to your Saves list
Kyriad Paris Ouest Puteaux
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19-20 Quai de Dion Bouton, 92800 Puteaux, La Defense, France   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Puteaux
Kincardine, Canada
“"poor" is generous”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

It's hard to imagine more things that could be less than adequate. First the good stuff. The price was reasonable and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Now the stuff that makes me never want to return:
1. Upon entering the room there was a STRONG smell of raw sewage. Apparently due to a dry trap, which was then rectified, but it still has a less than agreeable smell.
2. The room looks like an army barracks. One single bed at the entry, and two single beds pushed together in the main room.
3. I asked for a quiet room so I could rest during the day to get over some jet lag (connecting to Moscow tomorrow). No such luck - some guy with a jackhammer entertained me all afternoon.
4. Toilet paper holder falling off the wall.
5. Toilet paper roll almost gone, and no replacement roll to be found.
6. Wifi so slow, it was almost unusable.
7. Beds are hard (I don't mind firm, but this is military issue!).
8. No apparent way to control room temperature (unit on the wall was dead, and no way to get it going), so to keep the room cool, I opened the windows and got a lot of street noise.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Turkish first
Munich, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

My secretary booked me at the Kyriad, I went with my husband for business. She specifically requested a handicapped room. I notified the front desk of the booking as soon as we arrived, he seemed confused, but gave us the room key, when we arrived in the room I saw it was not handicapped. it was definitely NOT! We could hardly move once we opened the door, and the shower did not have a bench/seat as specifically requested I called to the front desk, he claimed there were not any more handicapped rooms. I told him he better find one, as we specified this and paid for a larger bed with handicapped facilities.
30 minutes later, he found us a room, it was very large, and on the main floor, away from the hotel in a separate part, it smelled a little like a basement. It was a basic room, with older style furniture, not at all like the modern part of the hotel. We didn't care, we'd been travelling for 11 hours, and my husband who was on crutches and just starting to walk out of a wheelchair was exhausted!
We thanked him, he waited around for a tip, which I found absurd! when I looked at the room price it was exactly what we had paid for! He made it seem like he was upgrading us!
We didn't have wifi, and there was no extra lock on the door, which made me very uncomfortable.
The shower didn't have the rubber stoppers on the shower door, so all the water ran out onto the tiled bathroom floor, which was extremely dangerous for my husband and his crutches. The bench was located on the other side away from the actual shower head, so he used the small hand held shower, not a big deal, just impractical, as the door was only a half door, where the shower head was, so when he used the hand held, there was no door, and more water went everywhere! Great thinking for the handicapped!
Then we went to breakfast.... at 08:30 it was nearly empty of food, this cost us each €11.50 for some slices of cheese a bun and 2 slices of lunch meat. When I asked for more breakfast items, they said they were out. Apparently they had a large group, and the food was all gone. The breakfast that they advertised, in the hotel on the photos showed a variety of cheeses, pastries, fruit, yoplait yogurt. NOT there! Nothing was actually, we had to wait for clean cups, and the waitress was miserable about bringing them, and cleaning off the dirty dishes from the previous people. When I asked for yogurt we were told it's not provided to the groups! I stated we were with a large company there for business, she then said she'd take the breakfast off out bill. Which to be honest if she hadn't I would have flipped out! 2 buns, plus cheap lunch meat and cheese is absurd for €23.,00 even if it is Paris! it's unfortunate as it's close to my business clients, but I won't stay here again!

Room Tip: Don't stay in the cellar rooms.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Pros: The staff - especially receptionists - are really efficient, amiable and helpful.
The rooms are immaculate.
The hotel is a 15 minute walk away from the metro station - line 1.

Cons: The breakfast served offers a very narrow range of food, and is barely edible.
The elevators are short of space - they are barely large enough for 3 people to get in.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms may provide a vision of the Eiffel Tower.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

A very clean and spacious setup. Great breakfast, good ameneties and close enough to walk to the subway. The rooms was very large with an awesome walk-in bathroom to die for. There was adequate storage but could use some extra space for clothes

Room Tip: ASk for the downstairs, suite by the outdoor walkway
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Clean, efficient & friendly helpful staff. Good value.
Not city centre (for Paris), but 10 minutes walk to Esplanade de La Défense Metro, then 10 minutes to L'Etoile on Line 1.
Breakfast not the best, but offers the basics.
If you're doing business in La Defense, Puteaux or Suresnes and are on a budget then this is a good choice.
Good Italian restaurant Italian La Fontanella around the corner opposite the church, especially pleasant outside in good weather .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

The rooms are clean and modern.
The breakfast is really poor and the bread was dry.
Place is noisy but ok if you keep the triple glazing windows closed.
TV was not working and they could not fix it during my 5 night stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

The hotel itself is OK – it’s a 3 star so you have to bear that in mind. I might use it again if I were looking for budget accommodation on holiday but wouldn’t rush back for a special occasion or business travel. The wifi was a bit hit and miss and definitely extremely slow. The staff were a mixed bunch – some very friendly and others just the opposite. There is a very small life that goes to the 4th floor – not sure what happens if you are given a room on 5th floor so you might want to check that if you have difficulty negotiating stairs. The breakfast was a very minimal affair but was OK. Unfortunately the problem arises if you need to eat in the evenings but are on your own. They advertise a snack box but I was told that wasn’t available. There are some restaurants nearby which do a takeaway – there’s a pizza place just around the corner and I spotted a sushi place further down the road. There are also some small grocery stores where you can buy salted snacks, yoghurts, drinks, fruit etc. It was definitely noisy at night as there is a main road outside the hotel and even with the double glazing you can hear cars and sirens. However, there is also a good view of the Eiffel tower from the 4th floor – am guessing that anything below 2nd floor won’t give you this so do ask when you check in. All in all, it was OK but I probably wouldn’t rush back again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Kyriad Paris Ouest Puteaux? Share your experiences!