“JULIE !” 2 of 5 stars

ADDITIONAL 10€ DISCOUNT
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Pantin
“JULIE !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I made a booking for this hotel , the website stated that I would pay for the room on arrival . When I arrived I was told that my card was declined and that I had to pay for the room , I was confused as I have money in my bank acount but also at the fact that the website said u pay on arrival , I then called my bank infront of Julie the manager ,my bank gave exact times and amounts of what I was charged Julie then told my bank manager that she can't listen to anything he says as it's some strange foreign bank (HSBC) , I asume Julie doesn't watch tv or know anything about the biggest bank in the world .. Anyways after Julie made me look like some common criminal she finally gave me my room . The room was clean and was ok for the price , I arrived Friday morning on the Sunday I asked Julie if I could have another towel she replied that I was given a towel on Friday I then responded so I have to use the same towel for my 4 night stay and she said yes and hissed at me . All the other staff were fine just Julie who has the stuck up miserable attitude , Julie if u read this you need to find a new profession because hospitality is not for you darling

• Stayed October 2013

206 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Arabic first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Planned a weekend away in Paris with friends - we made our reservations via booking.com who were explicit in informing us that payment was to be made in person upon arrival at the hotel.

Upon checking in, both myself & another guest had issues with payment. The other guest had money removed from her account twice on the day before she arrived & the assistant general manager, Julie, who was manning the desk, demanded that she paid cash before being allocated a room!?! She claimed to have no records of the payment being made.

I too had the same issues, but this time Julie said that my booking was pre-paid at the time of the booking being made. I challenged her as to why I was then charged the day before my arrival - & she had no answer. I too was forced to pay cash before being given a room.

Julie was rude, unhelpful & smug & as in all cases, she just happened to be the most senior person in charge.

It's disgusting that the hotel finds it acceptable to take advantage of tourists that have come to visit their country!?

The room itself was pleasant for what it was - I found it clean although was concerned that the door shut, but did not lock. There are also no spy holes in the doors.

However, no hotel is worth being double/triple charged for!! I have now had my card cancelled as I'm concerned they have my details.

• Stayed October 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Checked into this hotel with a group of friends for a weekend trip to Paris. I've stayed in cheap hotels in this city before, so I expected it to be run down and for the staff to be rude. The bar was set pretty low going in. However the Campanile Paris Est really does try harder... to torture their customers in every way possible. We were told on the the website we could pay on arrival - in fact, the hotel (illegally?) took the payment from our bank account in advance, and in fact tried to charge for the room twice (and for my friend, three times). Having taken double the money from our bank accounts, the unbelievably nasty and spiteful hotel manager (Nurse Ratchet from 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest') kept claiming that it was "our fault" and that we had used a "strange and unfamiliar bank" to register the room (it was HSBC). Despite our bank confirming over the phone that the rooms had been paid, the manager refused to believe us and kept waving her crumpled, yellow-stained dime store records book in our faces, as if that were more reliable than HSBC's multi million pound software. She then swore at us in French under her breath and kept giving us sour looks with her beady rat-like eyes. My friend was so upset by the treatment that she could only get through the rest of her stay via violent daydreams about throwing a bag of leftover KFC in this person's face.

As we were tired we gave up and went to our room. It wasn't unclean, although there were some odd stains on the bedsheets. What did strike me was the bizarre decor - large swaths of the room were painted luminous green, the exact shade used in Stateside death chambers. As if this didn't dampen your ardour enough, there was a giant melted oval light on the wall that glowed blood-red, clashing with the green and creating a smog of vomit colors that gave my partner a headache. It reminded me of the prison room that the Oh Dae Su is trapped inside for 20 years in Park Chan Wook's "Oldboy".

I left the hotel psychologically broken, my spirit worn down to a charred husk by the manager's passive aggressive mind games, and the hotel's shameless attempts to defraud me.

Room Tip: Pray that you get a good room, it is the luck of the draw.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Volpiano, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

A nice hotel with excellent location (20 meters to the subway entrance) well connected with everywhere thanks to the excellent public transport.
Every room has free wifi which is quite fast too.
A great service by the hotel staff.
Excellent value (except the price for the breakfast... But there are plenty of nearby bars where anyone can have a breakfast at a reasonable price).

• Stayed June 2013
Toronto, ON
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

As with booking any budget priced hotels, you expect that you will not receive service as though you were staying at a five star property. This property, however, has left a vey bad taste in my mouth.

Upon arrival, I was to have had an important package delivered to the hotel. The sender had confirmed that the hotel had taken receipt of the item, but it took the receptionist nearly two hours to locate it. She at first refused to bother to look for it, only to later stumble upon it and hand it to me without even so much as an apology.

The room was basic, two twin beds, a TV and a coffee maker. The blowdryer had only about a two foot length to the cord which made blow drying hair a bit difficult.

The first problem with this room was the amount of HAIR in the bathroom and on the bedsheets (see attached photos). There were several strands of dark hair on the white walls of the bathroom. I'm not sure how housekeeping could miss this, but when it was brought to the attention of the front desk, they simply paid no mind and said to take it up with the manager on Monday (which would have been two days later).

The second and major issue with this property occurred on our second night. After having discovered that my guest and I did NOT HAVE SHEETS on our beds, only a duvet, my guest visited the front desk. There was no one at the front desk and she discovered the front desk agent in another room watching TV. She had kindly asked for sheets, to which he (his name was Oliver) had said he could not help her and to come back tomorrow. She had politely let him know that it would be impossible to sleep without bedsheets on our beds to which he responded in French, cursing and swearing, telling her to go away and calling her names.

My guest had walked away without bedsheets for our beds. Is this really the type of service that any hotel should offer it's guest? The treatment given by the hotel staff was barbaric. Upon speaking with the manager, she did not believe that we did not have bedsheets until she was shown. At that point she did not even so much as offer an apology. While my guest and I were out later that day, we had left a do not disturb sign on the door, which was not respected. We returned to our room to find that our suitcases and other items were moved and rearranged.

The first night we had stayed, a ball of hair was also found on one of the bedsheets.

Under no circumstance would I recommend this hotel to anyone. Not only were we treated in an absolutely vulgar manner, but our privacy was not respected.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Stayed here for two nights just a few weeks ago and enjoyed the room. Had a twin room for two people on the roadside but noise wasn't a bother, huge window with a double pane kept most of it out. Small, but comfortable room for two people and a very luxurious bathroom compared to what I had been used to for the last two weeks! Very enjoyable staff as well, friendly English speaking and did not make fun of my bad French! Breakfast in the morning is 9,50, good spread but I'm happy with a warm fresh croissant and espresso. We left at 3am but the man who was working the desk at night was able to take payment for breakfast and unlock the doors for us to get our car, come back, and get our luggage. NO PARKING. Parking 1/2 km away and 17.50 a day. Location seemed a little rough but was a really amazing neighborhood. Middle eastern restaurants, stores, and shops were a trip to go through! Metro stop pretty much outside your door! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

first impression was, the staff is awful!, i aske them how long for me to have a room and they said I DONT KNOW! we got there and out room wasn't ready. they gave us a diferent room after 1 hour. and YES there was BLOOD on the sheets!!

Room Tip: dont book in this hotel!!! AWFUL!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Campanile Paris Est - Pantin? Share your experiences!