“The truffle house in the heart of Paris (Neuilly)” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Liege, Belgium
“The truffle house in the heart of Paris (Neuilly)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Perfection from the first appetizers to the desert. I really got impressed the champagne with truffles; not used to this but really good taste.
We spent +/- 3h in that restaurant with my wife and everything has been perfect; service and food. Hope you’ll enjoy it as much as we did.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Very good for both business and private occasions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Located just outside of Paris (walking distance from Palais des Congrès), La Truffe Noire offers a very good menu with or without truffles (all courses have two pricing levels according to your choice of including truffles or not in them). Of course, considering the name of the place ...
This being said, it is very good and both experiences there (one personal, one professional) were excellent, both in terms of food and service.
Would not rate it as a creative restaurant however: very little changes to the menu within the 15 months between my two meals there. But, that's not the point of this restaurant: they do prepare excellent courses, from appetizer to dessert, to give guests an opportunity to try truffles (with eggs, with meats, with dessert). Was never disappointed by what they served, if not surprised.
One drawback? Slightly expensive, everything considered, particularly for wines.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Torio, Panama
“A STAPLE in my food!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I boycotted this restaurant as after Jenny Jaquet left I felt that the restaurant was a little to showy "bling bling". I went back just by luck and I found that it was very good (for the lunch menu).

So, La Truffe noire, one star michelin reputed to be one of the best places to eat.

I have to admit the food was good, but hey for 209Euros it has to be (without staples).

The problem is this after having pointed out the staple I found in my food they did not apologize!

I mean you have to say sorry for the staple and at least offer something token as an offering of the unfortunate staple! I got offered nothing.

Hmmm... What do you do to such an establishment? The only reason I think I write this "review" is to try to show to french restaurants that you cannot take advantage of clients and you need to have a minimum of courtesy towards them.

I will not return again.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Berkeley, California
“Heaven? Lobster Risotto Under a Cloud of Shaved Truffles.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

I was VERY impressed with this very expensive restaurant with it's very expensive menu and very expensive wine list. Now that I've covered that it was expensive, we had a truly lovely meal. Each course on the tasting menu was perfectly paired, and the Lobster Risotto was so wonderful I tried to eat it in tiny bites to make it last. The service was wonderful, if just a tiny bit rough around the edges, but it might have been an off night. The art was "interesting," and lucky for me I like Dita Von Teese because I had to stare at her all night! (Not exactly what I thought the decor would be like.) I should also mention that the portions of truffles seemed to be very generous. And if you like desserts this is the place for you. There were at least three courses of desserts! A wonderful meal all around.

• Visited November 2011
Shanghai, China
“Rarely does an evening’s menu degustation achieve such fluidity and poetry.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

Patrice Hardy’s cuisine explores to its full the subtle possibilities of the black truffle. Often this is done with pure simplicity, as when he begins with placing a slice of truffle in a glass of champagne, resulting in a continuous(and startling) infusion of the bubbles with the aroma of the truffle. This is followed by inventive pairings of truffles with other flavours, often with irony and wit… the lobster ‘hot dog’, the remarkable desserts. A cuisine created with pure pleasure and necessary rigour. And a most agreeable team in the restaurant, creating comfort and intimacy in the heart of Neuilly.