“Small, comfortable, good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel du Chateau

Save Saved
You added Hotel du Chateau to your Saves list
Hotel du Chateau
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13, rue du Chateau | Paris, 92200 Neuilly-sur-Seine, France   |
Bucks
“Small, comfortable, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

This is a small hotel very conveniently located on the Avenue Charles de Gaulle. Close enough to get to the heart of Paris quickly on the Metro yet far enough out to be sensibly priced.

The rooms vary from quite small to a reasonable size (ask for 302 or 402)as they are the larger rooms. The web site gives you a very accurate view of the hotel and its style.

I was on a one night business trip and needed to be in La Defence area. This was perfect, comfortable and convenient. Would also consider it for a family break on a budget.

Breakfast is available but there are many places around where you will get a better experience and meal. The breakfast is there because they need to offer it but it is not there to impress. More functional than gourmet!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Kaarina, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

The hotel was clean enough and located quite conveniently, but didn't impress me in any way. Most likely I will not stay here again. The room I got was really small, but still had 3 beds in it. Room temperature was quite warm and the A/C panel was rather difficult to decrypt, so decided to just leave it as it is.

Check-in was super fast and check out went smoothly as well. Breakfast is not included in the price, but still almost 200 euros per night, so the price is quite steep.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Hotel is quaint. Rooms were on the small side but they were clean and tidy. Hotel is brilliantly positioned for metro with station only 100 metres away so easy access to main tourist attractions. Right across the road was an excellent patisserie and fruit shop. Wifi was free although this tended to drop off and require your password again. I would stay here again in a second because hotel represents excellent value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

After traveling three or so hours on the Eurostar from the UK, I just wanted to sit back and relax. This evidently is not the place to do it. The person at the reception was very unwelcoming. I was never showed to my room, mind you I was a woman traveling alone and has several heavy bags. There were no lights in the hallway at all, (it was not until later that I found the light switches, I was never told about their preservation of energy ordeal). After entering my room, I was shocked! I knew the room would not be big because it was Paris so that was fine, but the carpet actually has mold on it and so did the walls! disgusting!!!! There is no showerhead, just a tub so that was odd for me. Later come to find out, that it is pretty common.
So having booked through an online travel agent, I called them to see if they could intercede on my behalf. They called the hotel to report that I was unhappy with the hotel. When I came back from a brief walk, the receptionist actually bullied me! He was demanding to know why I had called the travel agent, so on and so fourth. So he said I could leave or take another room he had available. I took a look at the other room (for lack of time and options) and took the other room. Albeit it was a little more accommodating, but I should not have been put through that treatment.
The other cons:
-They ask you to leave your key with them when you go out, I have never heard of that in my life. Plus, I had bought some very expensive items while in Paris that couldnt fit in the safe they provide, so I was not sure whether someone was going to go through my stuff.
- Elevator takes too long
-15 Euro for breakfast which i declined and walked right across the street to the bakery.

Good things
- Near the Metro
-Um.......thats it!

Room Tip: Yes, if you do not like noise, ( I come from NYC so it doesnt bother me), ask for rooms that do not...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

The rudest reception staff imaginable. I was minsinformed about what was and was not open on a holiday weekend, told that it was my own fault that the noise in my room had prevented me from sleeping (in fact, the room/s urgently need soundproofing and the window did not stay shut) - because I evidently do not know how to close a window. I was also told it was my fault that the second suite of TV channels advertised as available was not working, as I don't know how to work a TV. It also was my fault that the cleaner came barging in when I was in bed in the morning because I had not displayed the "Do Not Disturb Sign" - there are none to display, the key was in my room and there was no excuse for the intrusion. Finally, I was screeched at and accused of being a National Front supporter because I had said that the hotel was sub-standard.

Room Tip: From the layout, it seems that all the rooms look out onto two very loud and busy avenues, but it mi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Seattle, WA. USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Needed someplace to stay for one night and this seemed like a decent option...I was wrong.
Unfirendly staff, difficult corridors, awkwardly-shaped rooms, paper-this walls, unclean, mildewy bathroom containing the smallest shower in Paris if not the world..
They did have cheap, reliable wifi but of course little motivation to sit there and use it...
Location-wise, it is convenient to metro and midway between la Defense and Paris.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel du Chateau? Share your experiences!