“Could be much better with a little more attention to details” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel du Chateau

Save Saved
You added Hotel du Chateau to your Saves list
Hotel du Chateau
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13, rue du Chateau | Paris, 92200 Neuilly-sur-Seine, France   |
Barcelona, Spain
“Could be much better with a little more attention to details”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Ok, I came here for a business trip, and I'm not going to do it again.
Understand, the place is nice and clean, but there are a few things that I would expect when I'm traveling for work.
The rooms are a bit small for a 3 stars, I was in 404 which has a nice balcony. The bed was quite good, while the bathroom was rather tiny. There is no phone in the room, the desk is the smallest ever, no pens, no paper, nothing. The minibar has a few bottles, but you don't have a bottle opener!
Still, the room is dead silent, really you will sleep rather well, I couldn't hear any single noise from the street.

Of course, if you want to save a little money, this place it ideal: it's central and right beside the Pont De Nuilly metro station, it's clean and it's functional.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

We had a lovely long weekend at this hotel, very friendly staff and we found them very helpful, the location couldn't have been any better, we would definitely go back to this hotel, the only 2 little niggles was the shower in the bath it was hand held, so a bit difficult to use, would rather have shower than a bath and the other niggle is too cramped for breakfast, couldn't fault the food the lady was replacing everything as it used, very friendly lady.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Carcassonne, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Having booked a long weekend with a special offer price should entitle us to the same benefits as if we had paid full price. This needs to be made clear to the receptionist on duty at the time of our arrival at the hotel. We weren’t even greeted. Nor were we reminded of the free wi-fi (which incidentally wasn’t worth having, for within 3 minutes of connecting it disconnected each time we tried to access the internet). Thankfully we weren’t doing any urgent business online. The welcome drink was a joke – not even mentioned to us (the choice was a can of beer or a soft drink). The twin-bedded room we’d booked was unavailable – thankfully I had a copy of the confirmation email, and magically it did become available once I showed the letter.
Saving grace was the fact that the room (although a bit small & lacking in sound-proofing) was clean – very comfy beds, and there was plenty of hot water.
The dining room offered a good selection of hot & cold food, but sadly there wasn’t enough room to swing a cat so breakfast was taken squeezed in at a table where it was hard to feel comfortable or relaxed. The ladies serving however, were polite & smiley.
Were we being fussy about the total absence of a courteous & informative welcome? I don’t think so as at least 4 other couples told us they too had had the same (non)response from the same person on reception that same day of arrival. All other reception staff were polite & pleasant and explained that the person on duty when we arrived was under pressure & that his behaviour was out of character. Sorry Groupon but we won’t be returning to the hotel for another stay.

Room Tip: Take your confirmation of booking with you so that there is no question of doubt at all!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Neuilly-sur-Seine hotels

Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Before starting my review on this Hotel, I would like to state that I got a deal on "Groupon" which was a "good deal" in theory.
The price of EUR 199 for 3 nights, including breakfast was okay, but we were expecting more.
I went with my girlfriend who is pregnant to stay for a long weekend in Paris and our experience regarding this Hotel was horrible.
To start, the staff: They seem to be uninterested, they are very impolite, not helpful at all and they don't bother to provide any kind of help. On a sunday night, I have asked them for a nice and decent restaurant serving traditional french cuisine and the answer was: "You have to look for one at the main road!"
The way they answer any questions used to be like they were doing a favour taking with us.

Second the size of the room. It was smaller than a shoe box. The room must measure 4 sq. meters (including the toilet) and it was very noisy, with the balcony facing the busy roundabout in front of the Hotel, so we could not sleep till late, as at 7am there was plenty of noises outside.

Third the size of the breakfast room is also very small. So people were having difficulties in enjoying the breakfast in a comfortable manner. The ladies who are responsible for the breakfast (and cleanliness of the rooms) were removing the trays containing food at 10 am, without even bother to ask people if they would like to get anything else before they remove the stuff, so this is really bad customer service.

Plus the fact that was most terrifying was the fact that they were putting back to the fridge cooked eggs, so they could use for the next morning breakfast!!!

The only good thing about this hotel is the proximity with the Metro Station, although in Paris this must be a common stuff, as there are a station every 100 m and there is a nice bakery in front of the Hotel which was a great source of French Baguettes and desserts with a reasonable price.

Concluding, if you are looking for a decent price Hotel, do not choose the Chateau, but go to any Hostel and Im sure you will have better service, better room and better environment.

Leo & Maja

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on my own for a weekend as part of a Groupon offer.
Staff at reception come across as dour and unhelpful. No information was offered up to - I had to ask them everything.

I was given a tiny room with a double bed. If I had to share this room with someone else it would be extremely cramped indeed. The room and bathroom were clean, but quite tired and dated looking.
The worst thing was the soundproofing, or more like the lack of it. I could hear the people in the adjoining room talking as if they were in the same room as me. Paper thin walls. It didn't make for a very restful sleep.

My shower didn't drain properly, so I had to be very quick otherwise it would have started overflowing on to the ground.

The breakfast buffet is decent with a good variety of croissants, cereals, coffee, fruit juice and cold meats. Just be prepared for how cramped the breakfast room is with barely any room for movement when there's more than half a dozen people there.

Altogether I would not recommend staying at this hotel - I would imagine you can get a much better service elsewhere in Paris for the same price.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room that is not close to the stairwell as this is quite noisy.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I turned up at nearly midnight, shattered after a long journey, only to find the night watchman wasn't expecting me. After a worrying few moments he found me on the system and duly gave me a key. No offer to show me to my room or assistance with suitcase. I go up to my room through a somewhat dated and unlit corridor, scrabbling for a light switch. I eventually find my room and find that the bed has been slept in and bathroom not cleaned since the last guest. Head back down and find the surly security guard, who eventually becomes apologetic. To his credit, he did go and get clean sheets etc, but from an organisational point of view, it was totally shambolic. Second issue with the hotel was that the breakfast buffet, whilst being of an acceptable standard, was looked after by one person. So as a result, dirty plates were left on tables, cutlery not replinished etc. I ended up drinking orange juice out of tea cups! The final issue was when I came to checkout, the receptionist had the gall to try and charge me for breakfast. I had booked bed and breakfast, however she told me that no such board basis existed and they didn't take b&b bookings. She then couldn't find my booking document, which the security guard had taken my only printed copy of. I was held up for 15 minutes with this argument, until she found it. Then all she said was 'oh ok, you were right'. No apology for wasting my time. Furthermore, even if I hadn't paid for b&b, surely it would be professional to atleast make guests aware how much breakfast will set them back? All in all, I was left disappointed by the extremely poor organisation, poor level of cleanliness and attitude of the staff. The only saving graces of the hotel are the area its in and proximity to the Metro station which is on the La Defense line that serves many popular stations. There are a few hotels in the area, all of which look nicer, I'd wholly suggest going for one of them.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel du Chateau? Share your experiences!