“Basic Hotel but very pleasant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel du Chateau

You added Hotel du Chateau to your Saves list
Hotel du Chateau
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13, rue du Chateau | Paris, 92200 Neuilly-sur-Seine, France   |
Bristol
“Basic Hotel but very pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

We booked this hotel as part of a deal and after reading reviews didn't know what to expect.
The location was very good and near to a Metro station if needed. If you enjoy walking as we do, the eiffel tower and Arc de Triomphe are in walking distance no more than 25 minutes.
The reception was quite small but we had a pleasant welcome and the check-in was very straightforward. Our room was a decent size with a comfy bed although I was surprised to see that the heating were not switched on despite the -4 degrees temp outside. This wasn't a problem though as the room wasn't particularly cold.
I also had a good sleep each night without any disturbance from noise outside.
Bathroom was adequate, very basic but it did have a shower handset over the bath but no shower curtain. I suppose this may bother some people but no problem for us.
The breakfast room was quite small and we expected to have to queue each morning but surprised to see it was empty at 8.30a.m. Continental selection was excellent with lots of refills. Overall the room was well worth the money, it does what it says on the tin and a lovely place to stay in paris if you are on a budget. Paris is expensive as expected so why pay lots of money for a hotel room that you will not spend a great deal of time in.
I would recommend this hotel to travellers.

Room Tip: Try to pick a room away from the lift.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for three nights to spend 2012's Eve in Paris and was absolutely delighted, especially considering the low fare I paid for that period. Firstly, as I like to make the most of the place where I travel, I came really early in the morning of 30th Dec and left really late at night on the 2nd of Jan. What I found particularly helpful was the fact that I could leave my luggage there for as long as I needed before checking in and after checking out.
But let me tell you about the hotel: I'll be honest, staff hospitality was not one of this hotel's strong points. However, the room itself was pretty pleasing: very clean, spacious enough and so so warm (which was much appreciated as outside was freezing). My favourite part was the bed...soft and fluffy for a wonderful rest.
The location of it is really great too: if you like a nice Parisian walk, it will take you about 20-30 mins to get to the Arc de Triomphe. Nonetheless, if you prefer the subway, there is one literally 1 min away from the hotel - line no1 (the yellow one) - which makes all your destinations very accessible. Other 'perks' that came with this hotel was the coffee place right on the ground floor, the BBC channel and the nice semi-balcony-'but-not-quite' window in the room. With a view of a roundabout with flowers. =) We were happy and really felt we got our money's worth.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I went to this hotel for 4 nights on a business trip and I had a great stay. It is centrally located between the business district and the city and well deserved by public transportation. The quality of the room was very good and the staff were excellent in dealing with customers. Very good value for money!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I have just stayed at this hotel at the beginning of October.

Overall thoughts on it was that it was ok. Basic and clean but the rooms are very small.

I was in Paris for business and was at this hotel for 4 nights.
They were helpful enough on finding your way round the city. If you can find a good English speaking French person. But there is a bus round the corner which goes right into the city.
Bus number 80 I think it was took you straight to the tower. Which was great because this was the main thing I wanted to see.
But if you get the bus back make sure you get off at the right stop because it doesn’t actually stop off where you got on. And I was not told that and so I was still sitting on it when we got the end stop which is the hospital.

The metro actually was quite easy. I was a bit worried about getting lost on it but it was easy enough.
To get to the tower from this hotel. Metro line number 1 which is the yellow one and then 6 which is green.
Walk out the metro at the tower stop and just head for the big pointy thing. You cant miss it.

I had a course in La defence, now that was easy enough to get too. Two stops on the metro line. I did use a taxi for the first day there as I heard that it was huge and finding the building that you wanted wasn’t that easy.
So I asked the hotel to book me a cab for the morning. The answer I got was a no and get the metro its easier. I did explain that I didn’t know where I was going and it was easier to get a cab and get them to drop you off at the right building.
Even after the guy saying ill print you out a map. I had to point out that there was 4 buildings for this company and I didn’t know which one it was at.
So after some debate he finally booked me one. But didn’t tell me till the morning. So I had to get up really early to ask him.
Also the time I wanted for the taxi the reception guy at the hotel said I couldn’t have. No idea why. So that meant leaving even earlier.
And then missing breakfast.

Breakfast was ok but very overpriced for some croissants, cheese, ham and bread. There are a few places around the hotel that are open early. Like next door.

The room was very small but ok. Clean enough. The bathroom was clean but had no shower. Had the hose but no screen. So having a shower was messy. Water everywhere.
The towels were replaced everyday but the bed linen wasn’t.
The hotel was quite noisy in the mornings. People walking/stomping up and down the stairs. The lift was very slow and the lights everywhere were on timers. So everywhere was dark. (until you press the glowing magic button)

There are a few places around the hotel to eat but as its Paris everywhere is quite expensive.

Think thats about it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Reading some of the reviews; we were pleasantly surprised by our stay.

Don't expect the "Ritz". Still the rooms are very clean and tidy-not much space. There are some nice bars in the area but VERY EXPENSIVE. 48 euros for two of us (Hamburger & Chips, plus a couple of drinks)

The reception staff are remote and as business people we could see the opportunity to increase profits, by offering some additional services, such as drinks at their "not used" bar.

The hotel is ideally situated for sight seeing.

We were at a lose why we were placed in the smallest double room when there were clearly some underused. larger rooms.

Very good breakfast and no local taxes.

Room Tip: Ask to be put into the largest room they have!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

Some other reviews mentioned horrible bathrooms and unclean rooms. I guess we (my father and I) got lucky when we stayed here. Our room was very nice and comfortable. We stayed here for two nights and our bedsheets and towels were replaced every morning. The guys at the reception were polite, helpful and courteous.

Of course, on the downside, there's no free WiFi in the rooms. And charging 6 Euros for one hour of usage is ridiculous extortion. As protest, we decided to go without Internet for two days and experienced blissful sleep (also called 'acute boredom'). In this day and age, charging for WiFi is just greedy.

Also, as another review noted, the 'restaurant' is hidden away in a nuclear holocaust shelter located right beneath the hotel. Five minutes here can make you want to take a shower again (which can be traumatic if you get a room with an overflowing bathtub). Plus, 12 Euros for little more than bread, butter-and-cheese, coffee and tired-looking meat-like slices is a bit much. There are pubs and restaurants around the place, so you can safely avoid the breakfast here.

The location is not bad. Pont de Neuilly is a bit far from Gare du Nord but it's close (by Metro) to the Eiffel Tower and has a direct connection to the Louvre and Notre Dame. It shouldn't take you long to get to any place in the city from here.

If you want a calm (maybe a bit too calm) stay with no frills, choose this hotel. If you want WiFi and good food, stay someplace else.

• Stayed March 2011
Exeter, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

On arrival at the hotel be ready for a request for the city tax of 6 euro. We'd paid in advance so we were a bit surprised at the requset also no receipt for this payment was forthcoming. Our room was a double but very small, the shower did not drain away very quickly but luckily did not overflow. There was only 1 set of towels and I ended up having to collect the 2nd set myself. The breakfast room in the basement is cramped luckily there were not to many people eating breakfast when we were. Hotel convenient for the metro into Paris

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Neuilly-sur-Seine hotels

Been to Hotel du Chateau? Share your experiences!