“Cost effective and far from the madding crowd” 4 of 5 stars

L'Amandier
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14 Avenue Pablo Picasso, Nanterre, La Defense, France   |
Ranked #2 of 9 hotels in Nanterre
Paris
“Cost effective and far from the madding crowd”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Me, wife and my brother visited paris over the weekend and we stayed in this hotel. It was clean and in a quiet locality. Although there are no direct metro stops nearby, there are bus stops very nearby the hotel. Easily reachable from La defense by frequent bus 159. we just stayed a night and had no problems at all. Close to a supermarket. All in all satisfied with the stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My mother, brother, and I went to Paris for a whirlwind weekend of sightseeing. When searching for hotels, we quickly learned that Paris is an expensive city. While it would have been pure magic to wake up in the heart of Paris and throw open our french doors to greet the city, we wanted a hotel that would allow us to rest up enough to head out for another full day of touring Paris.

I would not compare this hotel to a major chain that one may find in the US - by comparison it might seem more run down, darker, and older. For us, however, L'Amandier was a perfect option. They were able to accommodate three adults (that seemed to be a tall order in Paris) at a reasonable price. We were able to leave our car in a secured lot and walk to the RER (Nanterre stop) through the park. We left early in the morning and returned late at night; the three of us felt safe throughout.

This hotel does not offer any frills and is perfect for the tourist who does not plan to spend a lot of time in the room. The staff speaks English and we were able to communicate easily during the check-in and check-out process. We would return to this hotel.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a room that does not face the street in front of the main door.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
London UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

I have been coming to this area on business for 20 years but only just discovered this undervalued oasis

If you are on holiday go elsewhere but if you are here on business and want a cheap safe hotel with good secure enclosed parking book now

Restaurant is surprising good too!

Nothing for me to complain about and the FD will be happy with the exp report :-)

• Stayed June 2012
Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Everything was fine except the room size! Too small. Probably that is what u get for that price at Paris (Nanterre). Breakfast was on payment & it was really worth. The staff at the reception was very kind & helpful. With patience, he explained with the map how to reach Eiffel tower from hotel by metro, & at late night he helped us getting a taxi to go there. A good place to spend a couple of days.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Jonesboro, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

People who reviewed this hotel nice clearly have low standards or something. If you are American you will not like it here trust me. Hotel was nasty, halls were pitch dark, had to leave key at front desk when we went out. There was " human bodily stain" on our sheet, put a do not disturb sign on our door maid still came in. Lady at front desk was rude to me and treated me like a child. The neighborhood is dangerous, had a cop stop me and tell me to watch my valuables there. In short, me and my girlfriend booked 4 nights and stayed two, and we only stayed that long cause there wasn't a bus out the second day. I have low standards and have stayed at budget hotels like ibis and premier,so I'm not judging this at ahigj standard. Don't go here.

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

I went with family and friends for a weekend. The area is great because it is in a less touristy area of Paris and yet has easy access to central Paris. We found the staff friendly and the rooms clean and tidy (the bed a tad hard!) We were also very pleased with the price.
If you're wanting to see the sights of Paris on a budget I highly recommend. The only thing the hotel could improve on is to have tea making facilities and/or mini fridge available to guests.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

L'Amandier is a fine, typical, Parisian hotel. The rooms are small, but clean. The staff was excellent and helpful. The staff was very accomodating. I hate to spend a lot on a hotel room, but I was more than satisfied with L'Amandier. I would definitely return.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Been to L'Amandier? Share your experiences!