“Fantastic French food at the right price” 5 of 5 stars

+33 1 60 19 47 18
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Au Living is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Massy
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Desio, Italy
“Fantastic French food at the right price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2015

If you want to have a real French meal without spending a huge amount this money, then this is the right place. Excellent food, good service, highly recommended!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Hertfordshire
“Busy little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2015

A work colleague and I had seen this on previous trips to the area but it was always closed (Mondays) so we were delighted to be able to visit on this trip.
We booked a table in advance and we were glad we did!
We couldn't believe how busy it was for a Tuesday evening. There was what looked like a work outing but that aside the place was still very very busy.
The atmosphere was good. All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.

The menu was printed on a laminated card and was a bit shabby (although we were handed the English menu) which isn't a good sign as far as I am concerned. It indicates they don't change the menu very often.
However there was plenty of choice and it was all very tasty and well presented.
We had Foie Gras and Scallops as our starters. Steak and Sea Bass as the mains and then Creme Brulee and Tarte Tatin as our desserts.
There was a good wine list too.
I'd recommend it if in the area. It's very handy for the railway station and RER stop.
And is possibly the best in the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Komorow, Poland
“A bit impersonal, but proper food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2015

Ok, maybe I made a mistake and it was quite late when I visited, the place was quite busy so I had to wait (a short while) upon entering. However I was tucked into a corner with a dirty table right next to me (didn't get cleaned until half an hour after when the owner lent a hand). Service was not very prompt, but friendly. The place clearly gets a lot of expat business from all the big corps on the other side of Massy (Carrefour, Safran, Thales, Ericsson, etc). Anyhow, the menu (a bit ratty, plastic and paper, falling apart at the seams) gives a short but concise selection. I had the burger with bacon and foie gras and chips, with a beer to start, and a glass of red with the beef. The burger was cooked just right, although the bacon went MIA, but that was allright as the portion was sizeable enough. Closed off with a Paris Brest. I over ate, but it was the right choice. Very tasty. I think I'll be back to try some real foie gras next time.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
“Good Diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2015

The food was fantastic - the dessert was one of the best. Only problem was - the music was a bit loud and which of course was reduced when we asked them to. And this is just next to the train station - when you get off the steps and cross the street.

Visited March 2015
Aurora, IL
“Great food in cozy setup”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2015

I loved fixed price menu (bit pricey though), that comes with choice of 2 courses Starter / Main or Main / desert or all courses and coffee. Once I crossed the hurdle of ordering in English, I definitely appreciated Burgundy Snails, Foie Gras and Filet Mignon. This restaurant is within walking distance to the Mercure Hotel Paris Massy Gare TGV and right across the street from the RER B and TGV train station.

Visited February 2015