“Not bad at all!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Campanile Paris Ouest - Pte De Champerret Levallois

You added Campanile Paris Ouest - Pte De Champerret Levallois to your Saves list
Campanile Paris Ouest - Pte De Champerret Levallois
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   72, Rue Marius Aufan, 92300 Levallois-Perret, France   |
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Levallois-Perret
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Not bad at all!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2007

Before I travelled to France, I really did my homework. My husband took a trip to Paris earlier in the year, so I was really really worried about what we would find when we checked in. I have heard horror stories from other Americans who hve found the standards in Europe to be frightening, and I will admit, I expected the worst. All of that said, I found this hotel to be entirely nice. When we checked in, the guy at the desk did speak English, which made things go MUCH smoother. Something that might catch an American off guard would be that in some hotels in Europe, they take your key when you leave the hotel. They did do that here, so if that is something that you feel you would not like, then look elsewhere.
There are not ice machines, but that is the norm in Europe. The AC, well I have yet to actually know if we have it or not. Someone said we do, but I cant figure it out! But there is a beautiful giant window that does open. The only downside is that the windows open into one of the beds, so they cannot really be open at night. Yes the rooms are tiny, but I think that you will find that in ANY hotel in France, unless you pay a very hefty price. The shower has a door,which was a pleasant surprise to me, as I have read many reviews and heard from many people that Showers do not normally have curtains or doors here. But this one does.
There is a kettle, with a minimal selection of teas and coffee, plus a few other small items. The last thing I feel I must emphasize, is that they do offer free wifi. I dont know if that is something to other people, but for us, it is definitely a nice bonus. I have been many places where there is not wifi, and I have been many places where you pay an arm and a leg for it, so it was fantastic to see that they offer it for free! (I am actually typing this review from the hotel) I know a person does not come to Paris to surf the internet, there are times when you need a break from all of the walking and sightseeing, and the free wifi makes it that little bit nicer.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel, as long as you remember that hotels in France are not the same as in many other countries, and try to keep an open mind. I know many people come to other countries expecting what they have in their country, and it can be a sore disappointment. For the price, this hotel is fabulous. It is just a short walk (one block) away from a metro station, which leads you straight into paris. Trains seem to come about every 5 minutes, so you never have to wait long. Levallois is a beautiful little suburb of a beautiful big city!

• Liked — Comfortable rooms
  • Disliked — The bathroom door does not open fully with the 4th bed pulled out.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Merseyside
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2007

So cramped we had to walk across the bed. My partner & I both suffered insect bites from the bedding. Our room looked out onto a huge building project which started at 7am every morning, & money went missing from our room. Avoid this dump at all costs!

• Liked — The exit door!
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Levallois-Perret hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

Good value for the money if you're willing to be off center. Levallois is a very quiet suburb, bordering posh Neuilly-sur-Seine and Paris's 17th district. Hotel is very basic but clean and relatively quiet. A/C was not working when we went, something about city permit not yet processed. We were lucky it wasn't too hot for mid-July, it could have been a big problem.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — non working A/C
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Campanile Paris Ouest - Pte De Champerret Levallois? Share your experiences!