Stayed here for one night on the way back from the South, having stayed last year too. The rooms are not huge, but have everything you need although the one small bottle of Evian seems very mean for three people. Parking is free which is a bonus and the hotel is quiet overall. The en-suite bathroom is small but functional, but the water pressure in the washbasin taps is fierce, so be careful where you store your things.
We had breakfast included n the rate and as the only people in there at 8.30, the buffet was full, varied and good quality - unlike last year when there was a coach party in and things were chaotic and the buffet limited. The staff are friendly, but after bringing coffee and hot water, never approached us again for the whole 45 minutes we were there, preferring to stand and chat to each other outside the restaurant.
Locally there is a clean and varied shopping mall across the road (closed Sundays) which has some restaurants too. Ten minutes away is the Arboretum, 4euros to get in and a great place to picnic and tire out the children. Also about ten minutes away (near the Ibis) are some gardens which were nice to walk in and the roundabout for toddlers was very popular. The palace of Versailles is about ten minutes away by car or one of the rear entrances to the palace parkland is about five minutes away. We ate at the Hippopotamus grill as it opened early (a necessity with a toddler), we went there about 6.30 and by 7 it was really filling up, mainly with families and older couples. Food is not bad and is reasonably priced. Left out of the hotel then left at the top of the road for about five minutes then look right and you should see it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 3 star hotel offering 89 air-conditioned rooms for smokers and non-smokers, in categories Privilege, Club and Confort. Located next to the shopping center Parly 2 in a residential area, 3 km away from the Versailles Palace and 15 km away from the EiffelTower. The hotel is very popular with business travellers but its location near Versailles Palace and the Eiffel Tower attracts tourists as well. The hotel features a free private parking area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, ACCOR, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Versailles Parly 2 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Versailles Parly 2 Hotel Le Chesnay
- Mercure Le Chesnay
- Mercure Versailles Parly 2 Le Chesnay, France