“I would rather have slept in a stable” 1 of 5 stars

Euro Hotel Paris Creteil
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 Av Fernand Pouillon, 94000 Creteil, France   |
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Creteil
Halifax, United Kingdom
“I would rather have slept in a stable”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

this hotel was the worst place i have ever stayed in, everywhere was filthy and food
was disgusting. it should be condemned and knocked down. prisoners of war
would have been better treated.

• Stayed September 2010

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

Basic hotel in the middle of an industrial area. Too far from Paris.
Rooms were clean but very small. Bed was comfortable. Staff were generally very friendly. Food was basic and we were not offered a choice of menu although I think the chef did his best on a low budget! The hotel was busy but appeared poorly managed. With a bit of reorganisation and decoration this Hotel would be vastly improved.

• Stayed June 2010
Croydon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2008

Well, it was definitely "The Twilight Zone" meets "The Shining"....

The hotel was in the middle of an industrial / office district which meant no local shops or restaurants (apart from one pizza place) and as we stayed over a weekend, there were no other people in and around the local area. Our view from the room was of a large building site, naturally. This gave the location a deserted feel - like we were living in an evacuated disaster zone.

The hotel itself was dated from the early 80s and hadn't been updated since then. Think dusty silk flowers and dark wooden panneling in the "dining area"; coupled with white walls and red doors / woodwork which alongside the musty smell and general atmosphere (no staff or never around and lack of otehr guests) gave the place a very sinister feel. I half expected Jack Nicholas to come screaming down the corridor weilding a knife at any moment. So much so that I made double sure that I had locked the room at night to be on the safe side!

The room was small and smelly although the bedding was surprisingly clean. The bathroom was also fairly clean but the toilet seat was coming off, the shower was a dribble and the bath was sized for children, rather than adults. The heater in the room was dirty and I didn't trust the electrics so I didn't leave it on at night.

Breakfast - VERY basic continental - croissants (quite nice), cheapest organce juice, tea, coffee, cornflakes you could buy, and very cheap ham and a few hard boiled eggs. Never enough plates / bowls / cutlery and no-oen around to ask for any more!

I can not recommend this hotel to anyone, unless they were looking for a VERY cheap place to stay on the very outskirts of Paris and they wanted somewhere to stay that was very anonymous and deserted (i.e. if they were on the run from the polie or something!).

• Liked — Nothing.
  • Disliked — The location and general sinister atmosphere.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
pescara
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2008

This hotel is bad .... very bad, I have never been in a hotel worse than this, is 2 stars but much less scandalous ... the rooms are very dirty with hair and blood on the sheets and service is poor .... go there because there is ruin your stay in Paris is a beautiful city ....
It 'a shame hotel scandal

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed February 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
KL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2007

This hotel made our trip really terrible...all because of the staff who was working during midnight...he discriminated us because we are chinese. He even told us that the machine is out of order so he has no hot water for us. Then he shouted at us when we drinking in the bar, telling us that he wanted to close the bar and sleep so we must leave the bar as soon as possible...is that our fault?

Worst! This same man told everyone in the cafeteria that we (chinese tourists) must not take any of the butter croissants nor the hams because those are reserved for "his guests"...imagine how dare he discriminate us like this, as if we didnt pay at all!?

So please don't stay in this hotel if you don't wish to be served like what I've been.

Stayed September 2007
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2007

This hotel is used by many coach companies. It appeared to have previously been a Comfort Hotel bought by the present owner and little has been done to change it.

The rooms are typical travel inn type. Small, with little furniture.
Everywhere was clean and the towels changed daily. Everything in the room worked, although the curtain rail fell off the wall the day that we left. The "restaurant" was also basic, with little choice although the meals that we had were quite decent.

It's somewhere cheap to put to put head for the night when in the area, but don't have any great expectations.

• Liked — It was cheap
  • Disliked — Remote from Paris central.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Turin, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2007

I booked this Hotel looking at a link on Internet. It seemed good and at a good price...when we arrived it was quite clear that the photo were not enough "clear" re4spect to reality... We got the key of the room (I was there with my husband and 2 small babies). I just describe you the room: big (the only positive thing!) but with very dirty covers, a dirty pavement a FALSE phone (!) uneuseful because it han not the wire (a literally CORD-LESS!), a TV out of order, a bathroom (big, yes, but...) the most dirty bathroom I ever seen, with a dirty pavement (black spots and water everywere) broken WC, dirty showels, a unique small soap (for 4 persons), ah! one bed was broken (I tried too sit but I found myself sitting on the pavement). We asked for another room...we got the keys for another room that was WORSTE that the previous one (with bugs and nets everywere). We immediately left the hotel , finding in the nearby a better hotel of a famous Hotel net. Terrible, terrible, terrible... I know I was not booking at the Ritz, but being in Paris so many times I can assure you this is the worste place i ever found...I could not suggest this hotel even to my biggest enemy!!!

• Liked — leaving immediately!
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Euro Hotel Paris Creteil? Share your experiences!