“Room with kitchenette, I liked this” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Citea Lilas d'Espagne

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Courbevoie
Citea Lilas d'Espagne
You added Citea Lilas d'Espagne to your Saves list
30 Rue des Lilas d'Espagne, 92400 Courbevoie, La Defense, France   |
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Courbevoie
Finland
“Room with kitchenette, I liked this”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

We got a room at 8 th floor, room was tidy and quiet. First we got room with queen size bed but we wanted separated beds because we were friends not couple, and it was ok, they arranged room with separated beds, no problem. Room had kitchenette, so we could cook something there at the evening. Save money.
Bathroom was good also. They cleaned the room every day, so it was clean. Only you had to wash up your dishes yourself.

Staff was also very friendly.

The metro station was quite far to walk, after being walking all day long, many days, but the bus stop was a bit closer.
But I liked this hotel, I would go there again if I go to Paris, and propably will, I liked Paris a lot. It´s quite easy to use metro after some first problems :) But we got help to show how it works.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends

Solo
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

We came across this hotel just by chance and were really glad to have booked it for a 4 night stay. The hotel room was neat, if a bit dated in terms of decor. It was really nice to have a separate bedroom to the rest of the 'suite' - a little lounge area, kitchenette. We didn't have the breakfast, preferring to use the Monoprix just down the road to get our groceries. There is also a delightful bakery just round the corner, as well as a good sushi bar and pizza parlour.

The hotel is only 1/2 hour from central Paris via the metro. A 10 minute walk to the metro station and La Defense Grand Arche make this location ideal for the city, without the need to take out a second mortgage because of hotel price!

We would definitely use this chain of hotels in other parts of France as well as return to this location in Paris in the future.

• Liked — Value for Money and location to Grande Arche
  • Disliked — A bit tired in terms of decor and furnishings
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
china
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2008

Quite far from the metro if someone have to take a luggage all the way from the station. Up and down the stairs, and even as I took the taxi from the airport bus at Opera, it costs me 18euroes and the driver couldn't drop me off right in front of the building but at the end of the street.
I requested for a twin room, and the so called "twin" room they had for me was like a pullout bed for kids. I saw the double bed room and the bed was honestly small.
Upside was there's a microwave, so if you feel like saving some money you may cook for yourself as this is also an apartment, also this is a relatively safe area near the business district. For the DOWNSIDE, the reception is closed from 12-2pm on public holiday and Sunday i believe.... i got there at 1210, no one was there, couldn't even drop off my luggage at the store room, thanks goodness there's a Japanese restaurant at the end of the street where i had a 2 hr lunch till 2pm. That's when i finally get my room.
Hygiene wise, there's a strong smell in our room while we first got there, had to keep the windows open for a bit. Think it might have been the smell of the cleaning lady's perfume. The elevator also smelled of trash as they were clearing them out the time i was there.
I didn't try their breakfast but if you have to pay more than 70euro for this room, go for other options as your transportation cost would add up to quite a lot if you don't only take the metro. Why not stay closer to Opera or even Gare du Nord?

• Stayed December 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2007

My wife, 2 young kids and myself stayed 2 nights here in early July 2007.
The location is good for local restaurants, grocery shops and bakery but a little too far imo from La Defense metro stop as our kids are both under 6 yrs old and not fond of walking, especially after we toured Paris.
For driving out of Paris to Rouen, etc it's great as it's a simple and short drive to the A-14 motorway.
The Suite was nice enough but had a musty smell to it. The bathroom and kitchenette was fine.
The staff I thought were brilliant. Very helpful and were great with our kids.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and I think it's a good spot if you're driving out of town to the west, like we were.
I think if the staff were less than brilliant then I'd rate this place much lower.

• Liked — the staff and the locale was decent
  • Disliked — musty smell
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2006

Honestly, I booked the place for its free Wireless connection.
That said, the rates were more than reasonable, and the area (just half a kilometer from the La Defense arch and Metro/subway station) was clean, beautiful, and relaxing. Easy to get to downtown Paris, and not even that far away from some sights if you enjoy long walks of an hour or more roundtrip. (Great for runners!)
The two staff members spoke English very well and were very patient with my embarrassing inability to speak French, but let me try a few French phrases.
SInce the apartments in the hotel do have refrigerators, microwaves and tableware/flatware/glassware, I recommend a visit to the supermarket inside the Les Quatre Temps mall, which is on the opposite side of the plaza in front of the great arch from the stairs that lead down to Rue des Lilas d'Espagne and the hotel.
After you're done eating, etc., make sure to empty your trash, wash the dishes, and defrost the fridge before you head out as a courtesy to the staff and to other guests (if you don't, they'll charge you a penalty that costs more than one night's stay)!
All in all, I recommend this place without any hesitation.

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Citea Lilas d'Espagne? Share your experiences!