“Great if you know what to expect.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adagio Access La Defense Leonard de Vinci

You added Adagio Access La Defense Leonard de Vinci to your Saves list
Adagio Access La Defense Leonard de Vinci
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   88 rue des Etudiants, 92400 Courbevoie, La Defense, France (Formerly Citea La Defense Leonard de Vinci)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE UP TO 40 %
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Courbevoie
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
“Great if you know what to expect.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

We stayed for a week in Dec11 and it proved to be a great choice. It's budget accommodation without a doubt (so not suitable for a romantic weekend) but the price is unbeatable and it's close to Metro, RER and Train a good boulangerie (bakery) for your breakfast and several other shops to make for a great stay but nothing luxurious about it.

I think it used to be student residence and the apartments has a small kitchen and a fridge, a dining table and a large desk with TV. The kitchen is not adequate to prepare a proper meal, but very useful for making breakfast or to reheat food you bought or sit down to your rottiserie chicken and potatoes (which you can buy at any butchers). The bathroom is small but thanks to a clever design of a door that closes on 90 and 180 degree angle it can be made bigger by taking up the entrance area and gives you a separate room to get dressed etc.
There is also a pool, but I wouldn't count on that, as it didn't work while we were there and I got the impression that it has been a while since it did.

Free wifi is included in the price, and you need to get your code from reception. The staff does not speak very good English but if you make an effort they will try to help you with anything you need. Also, the room was not cleaned at all during our stay (Mon-Fri) but we didn't mind as we don't like people to go into our room when we are not there and it's not like we change our sheets at home every night! In general the apartment and the building looked a bit tired but was very clean.

Please note this is the same hotel as "Adagio Leonard de Vinci" which you'll find tour operators selling. Adagio have recently bought the chain.

We go to Paris often and for us it was great for the amenities and the price.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel several times over a number of years - usually for long stays, so the price and value for money could not be beaten.

The basic character of the accommodation is rather like a student residence - it's certainly not fancy, but it's very adequate, with a "budget" feel about it. Don't expect luxury.

The positive aspects of this property are: small kitchen and refrigerator in the room, so you can prepare your own meals; there's a Monoprix food store just around the corner; there's a laundromat just next door; free wifi is included; and the location is very convenient for La Defense and all of the transport connections available there (including direct trains to Versailles if you want to go sightseeing).

Negative aspects are: the property is beginning to look more and more run down with each stay - the walls are really in need of a coat of paint, and the carpets look dirty. It seems that not much reinvestment has gone into the property recently. But, they seem to try to keep it clean as best they can.

On this past stay (Dec 2011) there were signs posted saying that the property had been taken over by Adagio Hotels, so perhaps the reinvestment will begin soon.

If I need to stay for a longer period in Paris again I will most likely check out this property again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Stayed here for 6 nights recently and except for the price, there is nothing to recommend about this place! Poor staff attitude towards guests especially when after 5 complaints about TV problems, nothing is done. When I complained about room not being cleaned up, towels/bedsheets not changed, reception staff have the cheek to reply that this is the service level I get for my money!! Room small and old, overall upkeep of hotel is terrible! Stay here only if you have no or very low expectation.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

I travelled to Paris along with my wife and 1.5 year old kid and stayed in this apart-hotel for 4 days .I must complement this hotel on all the aspects whether its rooms, staff or over all hotel amenities.
The staff is amazingly helpful. They helped us to book the city tour, disneyland trip, Airport drop and even for ordering our dinner/lunch.
I would recommend this hotel to all who are travelling with kids. Each room has small kitchenette, fridge, TV, table, chair and bed. Washrooms are neat and spacious. Rooms are cleaned everyday. Supermarket is very near to the hotel.

Metro station is also near to the hotel. But to reach to the metro station from the hotel, you need to climb a lot of stairs as most of the times escalators/lifts do not work.
I preffered taking taxi from the hotel to reach anypoint in the city.

Cheers

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

This was our third time in this hotel-which is a statement in itself. The location and service are both fantastic. We've encoutered the same staff each time, all of whom are fantastic, and couldn't be more helpful, except the night porter whose english isn't great and isn't really too sure what a smile is.
The location is ideal-its in a suburban/business district outside of Paris, only 5 minutes max from the centre. The 73 bus goes from directly across the road from the hotel, but I think the metro is quicker and cheaper generally, plus the bus only runs until 9pm. The metro/RER station is a five minute walk from the hotel, left to the top of the street, left again and cross the road, just before the monoprix supermarket is an esculator going up. Keep going up (3sets) and the giant thumb is outside the station. Here is also the Grand Arc and le Quatre Temps-which was built as the largest shopping centre in europe. Needs at least a day of devotion to get to explore all of the shops but great for more reasonable prices than in Paris itself.
We went in December the last time, and there was a huge Christmas market held outside the shopping centre which was great. Loads of crafts and food and full of little gems.
From the train station there is a direct train to Disneyland (Marne le Vallee-Chassey) which is 45 minutes away-and €36 return adult, or €7 for 12-26yr olds.

The first time in the hotel our room was much better than the following stays, but was still fine. The bathrooms are very small, and the bed/pillows weren't very comfortable, but fine for a long weekend. There is a small swimming pool on the lower floor, we only went once, but it was very cold and completely abandoned.

All in all this is perfect for a place to lay your head, Not great for families, but perfect for those who are visiting to have the real Paris experience

Oh and half way up those esculators at the monoprix supermarket is a small pizzeria-very cheap and lovely!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Arrived at the hotel to a most un helpful night attendant. He advised me that I would need to pay for the hotel even though I had already paid for it and I wouldn''t get into my room at midnight in Paris if I didn't so I had no other choice. There was 4 of us so it was a bit of an extra expense. Needless to say I was very unhappy. First thing in the morning I went down to the reception very angry and wondered how I was going get round this.

Then all came good. I was greeted by a very helpful member of staff. I wish I new her name as I would recommend her to her bosses for promotion. She spoke perfect English and refunded my money instantly. We also got upgraded to a better room as our shower was broken in the first.

This hotel is perfectly situated and only 3 stops from the centre of Paris. It has everything you need and is well worth the money.

Over all had a great trip and would certainly return to this hotel. Also if the management of the Citea are reading this then please pass on my thanks to the member of staff (female) who was working throughout the days between 8th and 11th of October.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Schwetzingen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

There is nothing really charming about this hotel, really. On the other side, the romms are functional, clean and the free Wifi works reasonably good. There are plenty of restaurants nearby, including a supermarket and McDonalds. You need to walk about 10 minutes to the RER and Metro stations of La Defense. The male service staff is not really friendly, just use this hotel to sleep but don´t bring your partner along.

Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Been to Adagio Access La Defense Leonard de Vinci? Share your experiences!