“Fine but wouldnt choose to rush back” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Styles Paris La Defense

Save Saved
You added Ibis Styles Paris La Defense to your Saves list
Ibis Styles Paris La Defense
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   99 rue du Capitaine Guynemer, 92400 Courbevoie, La Defense, France (Formerly Hotel Central La Defense)   |
Ranked #8 of 16 hotels in Courbevoie
Copthorne, United Kingdom
“Fine but wouldnt choose to rush back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed here recently on a business trip. The hotel is obviously old but has been renovated to a good standard. The rooms are comfortable but on the small side. Bathrooms have obviously been added at some time in the past to rooms which were already compact and this means that both the rooms and bathrooms are a bit cramped.

The location is a fair bit outside the centre of Paris so not ideal and I felt it was a bit expensive for what and where it was. But this is Paris which is hugely expensive in itself.

The hotel backs onto a railway so try to get a room the other side. That said, my room was away from the railway and it was very hot when we we're there and was still very noisy with the window open (and too hot with it closed).

Room Tip: At the front away from the railway
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We were in 2011 April for 4days here. It was very good, our room viewed to the metro line, but we slept well, nothing was so loud. It had got a really good charm, the room was very clean, the bathroom was also very clean. The room was small, but those who wants to a clean, friendly place to sleep this place will be perfect.
The breakfast was excellent every day we had a half baguette and a croissant/person and jam, butter, yoghurt, orange, some kind of sweet bread and they offer that you can choose coffee/tea or hot chocolate. Even they bring you a glass of orange juice.

I love to stay here, I recommend everybody!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

The hotel is well located....maybe to much! Actually, the hotel is close to the Courbevoie station. So, do not expect to sleep too much!
The welcome is very professional and warm, breakfast is OK.
Unfortunately for us, there were renovation works in the hotel at the moment of our stay.
The hotel is also close to La Defense so it is a positive point including if you are there as a tourist as there are many possibilities to be transported to Paris (subway, train, taxis, etc...).
Courbevoie is a nice town and the hotel is close to the main street, that is to say restaurants, shops, etc...
Rooms are nice, maybe a bit too small, but pleasant and cleaned.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

A warm and welcoming hotel. lots of hot water and clean rooms. Nice breakfast for just €7.
yes, there's a building going up opposite but work does not start until 8.00 am and you shouldn't be lying in in this beautiful city anyway.
From La Defense it's not easy to find first time as it is down a narrow one-way street, so I advise taking a taxi with a Sat nav for €10 the first time. Once you're there its an easy 500m walk to La Defense

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

Apparently October/November is meeting time in La Defense. I needed to stay somewhere for the week as I am working in La Defense and booked this after struggling to find something. I struggled to find the hotel, but once arrived know exactly where to go. Beware if you call a Parisian taxi then the meter starts from when you call.

Typical Paris hotel, yes small lift but it works. I did find the lobby smelling of that dentist smell but it was clean.
Room was clean incl the bathroom, room reasonable size. I think the train runs right behind the hotel but although in the front you can hear it in the background. Also right outside opposite they are doing some sort of building work, which started at 07:30 which was OK for me but don't expect a lie in!
Wifi worked well, breakfast for €7 was good but basic. I don't think there is a restaurant.

Ideal 10 minute walk to La Defense for work. There you can get metro line M1 and RER line A to anywhere in Paris. Staff seemed nice enough and helped me, albeit with limited English.

My only concern was the door lock. It was very simple and didn't look particularly secure and the walls seemed thin.

All in all , not bad for the price. I would return.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Maia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I´ve stayed in this Hotel for 5 nights with my wife last July.
The second night we where woken up at 7 am by what seemed to be construction works. The third day was the same so I´ve called reception to find out what it was. I didn´t in fact got a satisfactory answer from the recetionist so i went down to talk to the manager.
She asked me what was the problem and as soon as i´ve explained what th problem was she offered us to change rooms, because she didn´t knew what the noise was. I Left my luggage in the room so that they had time to prepare other room for us.
When I got back to the hotel the manager told us she changed our room and that it was on the oposite side of the building. Problem soved! She offered us complimentary breakfast but i refused saying i did not complaint to get something for free. When we got to the room we had a bag of chocolates from Jef de Bruggge chocolatier wich where amazing. On our last day she insisted on offerint us breakfast and we accepted it, and i can tell you that it is a very good one.

The rooms where not big but very clean and confortable. Staff was atentive and nice.

In sum, for the money spent it is one of the best choices in the city. I work in the Hotel industry also and I can tell That Central Hotel in La Defense is a perfect place to start your paris dicovery journey.

Thanks once again to the Manager!!! Keep it up.

I will definetly go back

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Airdrie, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

The picture for this hotel is of the Grand Arch in La Defense, 15 min. walk from the hotel. The metro station is at La Defense but it is outside central Paris and in a more expensive zone. There is a RER station around the corner but not all the trains stop at it. The hotel has been recently renovated but the rooms are very small. I have never seen a bathroom as small as the one in our room. It was almost impossible to sit on the toilet. Also there is no air conditioning. During our stay, someone went into our kid's room, went through their bags and stole my daughter's watch. The staff was unhelpful. There was no compensation. They just told us to go to the police. The service was poor. I had to ask for towels for our room three of the four days we were there.

Room Tip: Don't take a room that ends in 10 (eg. 110, 210, etc.): they are the smallest. Don't leave a...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Ibis Styles Paris La Defense? Share your experiences!