“Excellent location and good value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Citadines La Defense Paris

You added Citadines La Defense Paris to your Saves list
Citadines La Defense Paris
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   8 Boulevard De Neuilly | La Defense 1, 92400 Courbevoie, La Defense, France   |
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Excellent location and good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We recently visited Paris over long break in Netherlands and stayed at Citadines. The location of the apartment hotel is excellent and very close to the Metro line 1. It is also part of cluster of hotels in same location making food etc. very convenient. The apartment rooms are decent size and clean and hygienic. Free wifi in the room works well and is very useful. If you are looking to go for shopping, closeby is the big shopping plaza which has all the stores that you can think of.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have stayed here in this hotel in 2011 and 2012. The hotel is situated in the business district. It is very near to the metro station.It has a carefour stores , The mall, the super market etc on the walkable distance..
Since my office was on the next doors, it was very comfortable and also the big advantage is the metro station, you can travel to all the places from here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Tbilisi, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel, in april 2013, it is very good choice, while staying in Paris. The metro station la defense is in 2 minutes walk.the staff is very nice and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable, with the kitchen facilities, air conditioning and heating system. I would definitely recommend Citadines.

• Stayed April 2013
West Midlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed here from 29th March to 2nd April and had a positive visit. We had an early flight so left our bags. We were offered an upgrade - two suite apartment and free breakfast included. Great start. We headed straight to the Eiffel Tower. The metro is 5 minutes walk away and - you can see Arc de Triomphe and Eiffel tower from metro bridge! About 5 stops then another train and we were there. About 20 minutes away. We got a taxi from airport but should have got train - really easy. Our rooms were really clean and warm. Evian in fridge; equipped little kitchen area; towels; bathrobe etc everything we could need. Breakfast was buffet style- and big selection. Eggs, ham, toast, rolls, pastries, cakes, yoghurts, fruit salad, fruit, cereal etc etc. Ours was free but normally costs 14 euros. You could eat a huge breakfast and get your moneys worth. Lot of people were obviously taking stuff out of the dining room for their lunch! Being in the business district is as you would expect. There were some restaurants and cafes around but not the kind of hotel where you pop out and have lots of cafes and bars on your door step. We tended to stay out late and head back to the hotel - not venture out again. We would recommend it as a good base to explore Paris.

Room Tip: We asked for a high room and got the top floor - great views!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Travelled partly for work, partly for pleasure. Hotel location very close to centre of La Defense, very convenient. Reception staff helpful and friendly, lent me a hairdryer and looked after my suitcase after check out whilst I was out for the day. I arrived very early and expected to have to wait but there was a room ready and they let me go straight up. Room small but does the job, it was very hot in the room at night which did affect my sleep and I had to prop the balcony door open with a shoe! Overall Ok for the price paid and convenience. Good breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Arrived at the hotel after an overnight flight and dropped my bag - good first impression.

I was told my room would be ready by 2pm so I hung around La Defense for a couple of hours (not difficult to spend 2 hours shopping). At 2pm I returned and the room was not ready "a few more minutes" I was told by reception.

A hour and 15 mins later, still no room. After the apparent disinterest of the reception staff I complained to the manager and a room was quickly found for me. Seriously I wanted one room for one night, are the cleaners so inefficient they don't have a single room ready in an hour?

The rooms are adequate but overheated. However I agree with previous comments about not feeling safe, constant presence of cleaners hanging around and making LOTS of noise, probably not the noise of cleaning rooms.

Beds are pretty uncomfortable and had a definite slope to them, so kept feeling like I was rolling out of bed.

Location is good - very close to Metro station and close to Pont de Neuilly so a short walk from lots of restaurants, bars etc and central Paris.

On checking out, the reception staff (female this time) was very friendly and helpful and did redeem the hotel a little to me, but I will not be staying here again in a hurry.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Caution at the Citadines La Defense.

I'm a lone, female traveller. I chose this hotel in Paris because the Citadines Trafalgar Square in London was very pleasant but I would not recommend the Citadines La Defense in Paris.

My biggest disappointment was that the Citadines hotel is not visable from the road. In fact, the hotel reception is so far off the main road, behind two larger, well lit hotels (Ibis/Novotel) that its reached by walking up an un-lit slope that reaches behind some other buildings. This is not safe to walk alone and taxis have trouble finding it.

I used 4 taxis during my stay and none of them could find the Citadines. This caused me to be late on two occasions and increased my fare significantly.

On the subject of safety, It's incredibly important that I can lock my room from the inside. I understand that modern hotels have an 'automatic' locking mechanism when the door closes but I have stayed in enough hotels to know that most of them have a lock on the inside that a guest can activate if they wish to feel protected. This was not possible at the Citadines Paris. A lock was fitted to the inside of my door but it did not turn left or right. This caused me some anxiety that I had not experienced at other hotels.

The hotel staff are lovely, very helpful and the hotel itself is clean and modern but it has none of the comforts I need when I travel. For example, the bathroom did not have a razer, tissues, toothpaste etc. Not all hotels do, I accept that so make a note that this is one that does not. My apartment kitchen did not have a welcome pack or mini bar with snacks and drinks in the fridge. Again, I accept that not all apartment hotels offer a starter pack but there is no supermarket in the surrounding area. The closest is a taxi ride away (good luck getting home with your purchases) so tea/coffee/water would have been helpful. Especially considering how hot the room was. I'm very pleased that my room was heated but even after I switched 'both' thermostats to off my room was still stifling.

On the positive side the Citadine chain always offeres free coffee in reception and the room rate was very reasonable but when a very large Ibis and a very large Novotel are next door and roadside I would not chose to stay at the Citadine Paris again.

Room Tip: If you prefer to sleep in an average temperature you may wish to request a room on the lower floors
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Citadines La Defense Paris? Share your experiences!