I was recently on a bus tour to Paris with family members. We stayed at this hotel for three nights. It had an inviting lobby and a welcoming helpful staff. The room was bright and clean albeit small. The rooftop provided an excellent view of the city. Breakfast was outstanding with champagne, freshly baked goods, and many hot and cold choices. I found it a bit odd that we were expected to drink our coffee and tea out of large cereal bowls, but, "when in Rome", or in this case France, do as they do n'est-ce pas? The hotel had air conditioning and fast elevators. We had daily wake-up service, free wifi, in room coffee and tea, a safe, and a nice selection of toiletries.
My issues were as follows. We were in a room on the third floor with a broken door lock bar. I'm not certain whether the security lock worked at all. Some of the lower floors appeared to be under renovation, or so a sign said. The brochure stated that ice was available on the 2nd floor. It wasn't. After circling the hotel (it's round) several times, I went to the bar to ask. I was then directed to the 5th floor where the ice was in a hallway for employees. Odd I thought. The worst part of the stay was on Saturday, my third night. There was sawing and metallic clunking well into the post midnight hours. I'm not clear on what it was because I didn't think there could be construction happening that late. This prevented me from having a good sleep.
Nonetheless, I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel. It is close to the city and walking distance to a lovely large shopping centre. Behind the hotel, there is also a small indoor shopping area, good for essentials.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Mercure Paris La Defense 5 se situe dans le quartier des affaires de La Defense, a seulement 10 minutes en metro du centre de Paris. Les chambres disposent de la climatisation, d'une television par satellite a ecran plat et d'un plateau de bienvenue. Certaines sont dotees d'une machine a expresso et d'un minibar avec des boissons gratuites. L'etablissement propose une connexion Wi-Fi illimitee gratuite ainsi qu'un service de navette entre l'hotel et la station de metro Grande Arche de la Defense. Vous pourrez profiter du centre de remise en forme ou du hammam puis vous detendre dans le bar de l'hotel. Le restaurant Le Bistrot de L'Echanson sert une cuisine francaise traditionnelle. Le Mercure Paris La Defense 5 possede des salles de reunions et un centre d'affaires. Il se trouve a seulement 10 minutes du Centre des nouvelles industries et technologies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Paris La Defense 5 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Paris La Defense 5 Hotel Courbevoie
- Mercure Hotel Courbevoie
- Paris La Defense 5 Mercure