This hotel is located within 15 minutes walking distance from the Paris La Defense business district which makes it suitable for business stays. The hotel offers a free shuttle once every 15 minutes between the hotel and the La Defense bus station from where you can take the metro.
The rooms are not too big, but clean and nicely decorated. I found the room to be very hot in temperature though, even with the airconditioning set to +5 degrees Celcius (the lowest) at maximum speed.
Accross the hotel is a shopping street with quite a lot of restaurants, shops, a supermarket and a bakery. Ideal to go out for breakfast or dinner. Because of this ease, I haven't tried the hotel restaurant and/or breakfast. I would recommend Pizza King for dinner. It's located accross the street from the hotel within 5 minutes of walking (check Bing\Google maps for the exact location). They offer really good pizza for little money. It's just a pickup or delivery service though, so plan on getting the pizza and eating it in your room.
Do check out the night before you're planning on leaving since there can be immense queues at the reception in the morning. Also calculate 10 minutes extra time when wanting to take the elevator during rush hours in the morning and evening as it can take a long time before an elevator will finally stop at your floor.
From the Paris Du Nord train station and Paris airport the hotel is reachable by metro by going to the Paris La Defense metro stop. You will need to change metro lines at least once for it though. From the La Defense metro stop, you need to head for the bus stops underneath the offices where you will find one platform where the Mercure shuttle will stop. Its quite well hidden though, so you might be better of taking a taxi for the last part. It's only a 5 minute drive, so watch out for fake taxi drivers wanting to make a price agreement with you in advance (which is always way too high) and not using their taxi meters.
For tourists, this hotel might be a little less attractive since it's a bit further away from the majour touristic sites, although they are all reachable by taking the hotel shuttle to the metro and traveling onwards with the metro. Instead I would personally rather take a hotel closer to the city center.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Mercure Paris La Defense 5 se situe dans le quartier des affaires de La Defense, a seulement 10 minutes en metro du centre de Paris. Les chambres disposent de la climatisation, d'une television par satellite a ecran plat et d'un plateau de bienvenue. Certaines sont dotees d'une machine a expresso et d'un minibar avec des boissons gratuites. L'etablissement propose une connexion Wi-Fi illimitee gratuite ainsi qu'un service de navette entre l'hotel et la station de metro Grande Arche de la Defense. Vous pourrez profiter du centre de remise en forme ou du hammam puis vous detendre dans le bar de l'hotel. Le restaurant Le Bistrot de L'Echanson sert une cuisine francaise traditionnelle. Le Mercure Paris La Defense 5 possede des salles de reunions et un centre d'affaires. Il se trouve a seulement 10 minutes du Centre des nouvelles industries et technologies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, ACCOR, Odigeo, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Orbitz so you can book your Mercure Paris La Defense 5 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Paris La Defense 5 Hotel Courbevoie
- Mercure Hotel Courbevoie
- Paris La Defense 5 Mercure