“Great Location for Travelling Directly into Paris” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Campanile Paris Est - Porte De Bagnolet

You added Campanile Paris Est - Porte De Bagnolet to your Saves list
Campanile Paris Est - Porte De Bagnolet
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   28 Avenue Du General De Gaulle Bp 311, 93170 Bagnolet, France   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bagnolet
“Great Location for Travelling Directly into Paris”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Booked a last minute trip to Paris before my boyfriend and I returned to University. We were on a budget and couldn't afford accommodation in central Paris so this hotel was really great for us in terms of travelling into Paris every day. The Metro station is literally 10 paces from the door of the hotel - very convenient! Staff were pretty unhelpful, we often asked for recommendations for restaurants in the surrounding area and one of them suggested the McDonald's next door! The room was alright, not the best we'd ever stayed in, but I guess it was a reflection on the price we'd paid for the hotel. Don't expect an amazing nights sleep - thin walls mean you can hear everything going on in the corridors from people simply walking to their rooms to whole conversations happening outside your door. A good hotel for a limited budget.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As I was arriving in Paris by bus in the early afternoon (I don't have that "thrifty traveller" badge on my profile for nothing!), this hotel was perfectly situated, right next to the Gallieni bus station and with a Metro station right outside the hotel door. This meant within around a half hour of getting off the bus I had checked in and travelled into the centre of town - perfect!

Friendly and helpful staff on the front desk were more than patient with my pidgin French (I can get by as far as speaking goes, but understanding what someone else is saying to me is a bit of a problem lol) and asked if I'd prefer English, which they spoke perfectly. The room was exactly what you'd expect from a chain hotel on the lower end of the price scale - no fancy frills but spotlessly clean, comfortable bed, desk, chair, tv (no english channels if I remember correctly) plenty of power points and a nice, if small, bathroom. Although the hotel is surrounded by busy roads and flyovers, there was no noise in my room at all and I got a peaceful, quiet night's sleep each day. On my final day I wasn't travelling until the night time and the hotel happily locked my bags in their luggage room for the day. After collecting them in the evening it was only a hop and a skip to pick up the London coach next door in the bus station - so convenient!

I didn't try their breakfast offering (the hotel adjoins a sizable shopping mall with a large supermarket, McDonalds and Paul's bakery so I usually picked up a filled baguette for breakfast and ate it on the go). Having said that, I did have dinner twice in the hotel and while it's nothing to write home about I did enjoy the appetizers buffet with cooked meats, cheeses, salads and hot soup along with crusty rolls and butter. The restaurant staff (like all the staff I encountered in the hotel) were friendly and helpful, beyond what I would have ever expected from some of the reviews here.

PIcking up on what some others have said here, there are a few dodgy market stalls outside but by the same token it was bitterly cold in Paris while I was there and I picked up a nice wooly hat for 2 euros at one of the stalls, so who am I to complain? :) Yes, there might be one or two dubious types wandering around but it's a transport hub with a Metro terminus and several bus stops outside it along with a large shopping centre, so I never felt remotely unsafe as there were always plenty of commuters and shoppers milling around. Add to that the fact that the Metro is literally right outside the hotel entrance, it's no problem at all. The hotel wi-fi *is* a little hit-and-miss and slow, though it did work all the time, with the odd drop-out for a second or two, no more, adequate enough for basic web-surfing and checking emails.

If you want a cheap, clean place to stay, with excellent transport links, look no further. The fact that the staff were so nice just makes it even better. At the end of the day, the best question to ask someone is probably "would you stay there again?". My answer? I am, in a few weeks time :) and this hotel will be my first choice for any future Paris trips.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
campanile b, Responsable relations publiques at Campanile Paris Est - Porte De Bagnolet, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hello,
Thank you very much for your comments.
It is a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your trip in our hotel and specially the staff and location. Indeed it is a convenient hotel for turists that can go by subway in the center of Paris.
We will be happy to see you again for your next trip to Paris,
best regards,
Ljubljana, Slovenia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

Hotel is very close to Gallieni Metro station just few meters from building, so you are in center of Paris in 15-20minutes. The Hotel room was ok, clean, even the hotel is close to highway, there was no noise, so It was possible to sleep normally as usual. The breakfast is typical French with croissant, baguettes, cheese, ham & co. WiFi is available for free in the room, but I havent use it because I've had my 3G mobile network roaming. Hotel is very good for traveller who is exploring city during the day and comes at evening to sleep and rest.

Room Tip: Hotel is very close to Gallieni Metro Station, so you have 2 minutes walk there.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
campanile b, Responsable relations publiques at Campanile Paris Est - Porte De Bagnolet, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Mario,
Thank you for sharing with us your point of view on the hotel.
It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the location, the comfort and the quietness of our rooms.
We hope that we will see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2015

I've literally just got back to the UK after a short stay (20-22nd) at the campanile and it was amazing. Yes the rooms are basic but who goes away to stay in their hotel room! It's perfectly located attached to a mall and the number 3 metro getting everywhere is so easy! An all day metro pass is 7€ except on weekends where it's free!
The beds are so comfortable (room 735) and I can't say I heard any noise outside.
The staff were polite and helpful checking out was quick (literally hand back your key) the euroline coach is in the same location as the metro so if you travel by coach via calais it's a 3 minute walk.
Only dowe side the wifi was quite bad as in.. none existent. BUT I must stress there is so much to do you hardly notice.
Brilliant service
brilliant staff
will defo be back again

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
campanile b, Responsable relations publiques at Campanile Paris Est - Porte De Bagnolet, responded to this review, March 23, 2015
Hello,
Thank you for sharing with us your comments about your stay in our hotel.
It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and the comfort and silence of our bedrooms. Indeed the hotel is near the metro and the Euroline's station.
We hope that we will see you again for your next trip to Paris.
Qualicum Beach, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2015

The good: 2 minute walk from Gallieni Metro Station. Price not bad for Paris...although quite a way from anything. Beds were reasonably comfortable.

The Bad: Heat...we walked into room 223 and were met by a wall of heat...and the heat wasn't even turned on. Windows don't open. Changed to room 411 and it was only a little better, but still very warm with no way of cooling it down...and this was on January 1st and it was cool outside. WiFi wasn't working when we got here. Started working the next day...slowest WiFi I've ever had in a hotel. Shower set-up is ridiculous...water sprayed all over the bathroom.

We would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Yes, the WiFi was free, but almost unusable.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
campanile b, Responsable relations publiques at Campanile Paris Est - Porte De Bagnolet, responded to this review, January 15, 2015
Hello,
Thank you for your comments on your stay.
Indeed, we have good quality mattresses. The metro is in front of the hotel and you can go to the city center (Opéra) in less than 20 minutes directly.
I am sorry for the inconveniences concerning the heat and the Wifi. It is forbidden to open the windows for safety reasons, it is the law since the hotel is too high.
Tilburg, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2014

The hotel is fairly large and located near the Peripherique and the A3 motorway just outside the Paris city limits, at the Porte de Bagnolet, the eastern entrance to Paris. This means that the hotel is easily accessible for travelers who arrive by car or coach (the Eurolines bus station is nearby, as well as the bus link 351 to CDG airport). The hotel is built on top of a shopping mall and a giant Auchan supermarket (comes in handy for some purchases). The surroundings of the hotel look a bit grim with its office towers, motorways and bus station, but in reality I was little affected by this, as the Gallieni metro station is just below the hotel, which means that you are in downtown Paris in just over 15 minutes. The M3 metro line also has many connections with the other metro lines of the Paris metro system.

The hotel room was okay, it was somewhat larger than other hotel rooms in Paris I have stayed in on my previous visits to Paris. There is no noise audible from the motorways. The bedding, a box spring, was also rather good. The breakfast is mediocre, as in many French hotels, with just some yoghurt, croissants, baguettes, marmelade, ham, cheese and some fruits.

WiFi is also available in the room and free, but you will have to enter the access details multiple times during your stay. A downside is the lack of international TV channels, like CNN or BBC World News.

All in all, it is a very good hotel for budget conscious, bean-counter type travellers who prefer easy accessibility. It is probably less suitable if you are on a romantic outing with your partner to the city of lights and love.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Hello,
Thank you for sharing with us your comments. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the location with the metro in front of the hotel that allows you to go to the center of Paris and visit.
Indeed, our bedrooms have good quality mattresses and are very well soundproof.
We hope that we will see you again for your next trip to Paris.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2014 via mobile

We went to this hotel for our Christmas break.Firstly location is so bad is very roof area and really difficult to find a car park.Took us 30 min before we manage to park the car.Car park cost 10 euro when on website i was told
is for free.Then if you want to go to your car you have to to go on the steps full a homeless people sleeping there.Is really not looking good specially when you got small kids with you!!!!Second bad thing it was a recepcionist!all of them make you a fawer to actually talk to you!I never see as bad customer service as is there.And restaurant was as bad.Food was awfull overcooked and dry.Breakfest buffet has nothing to offer apart from crossaints jam and pancake!Only rooms were ok.Good sized and clean.But i would never recommended to anybody and i would never go back there.I supose is many other hotel in similar price around which has much better customer service and restaurant so is pointless to stay in there.

• Stayed December 2014
Hello,
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry for the inconvenience.
Indeed we have a parking near the hotel that costs 10€ for 24 hours. It is a closed parking. There is also the metro in front of the hotel that goes directly to the city center of Paris (Opera).
I am a bit surprised concerning the breakfast since it is a French continental unlimited buffet with viennoiseries and breads that are baked in the morning. There are also different products such as ham, cheese, yoghurts, French crepes...
Alice G.

Been to Campanile Paris Est - Porte De Bagnolet? Share your experiences!