“No” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Argenteuil
Eindhoven
“No”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This hotel is undergoing long overdue rennovation, it's quite near our Paris headquarters and on previous stays I've had colleagues walk in and straight out again.

Location: sandwiched between one of the poorer, rundown areas of Paris and a dual carriageway. Leave the hotel heading away from the dual carriageway, turn left and walk a couple of blocks and you will find drugs being dealt fairly openly on the street. I'd recommend not walking anywhere particularly by night.

Staff: mix of nice and helpful and Parisean couldn't give a **** take pot luck

Hotel public spaces: mix of scaffolding, bare concrete, and dust sheets which link together the hall, dining area and reception. Lift wasn't working which the staff seemed to think was a great joke

Rooms: in the process of being rennovated ... which means re-painted. Think white pebble-dashed concrete box with a bed in it and you'll be on the mark. Utterly without character or charm. My window wouldn't shut which meant I had the drone of traffic from the dual carriageway along the river all night. When I asked to switch I received a dissimissive "we are full;" and in response to my request for an iron and ironing board I was told there was one at reception if I wanted to come and get it. As it turned out this was the only iron the hotel possessed and water poured out of it as fast as I poured it in, after that I didn't dare use it as the whole contraption was drenched.

Bed: Cotton covers on sweaty nylon quilts - I barely slept despite getting up at 4am the previous morning

Breakfast and dinner: surprisingly ok given the rest of the building, however I got a glipse of the kitchens through the serving hatch and the walls and light switches beyond were grubby and not what you'd expect in an area that is preparing food

Shower: new fittings, wide shower head, hot water ... flow could have been better but that's a quibble

Room Tip: Try a different hotel. If you must stay ask for a room away from the main road but beware those at t...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is a fairly typical low budget hotel, similar to a Travelodge in the UK. Rooms are very clean and modern, comfortable bed and decent shower. The hotel is beside the dual carriageway which runs beside the Seine though, so there is quite a lot of traffic noise... You may need earplugs!

The restaurant was surprisingly decent for a hotel of this class - simple food but well prepared. There is a buffet of starters and desserts and a fixed 3 course menu at 25 Euros as well as a la carte options.

When I stayed they were refurbishing the reception area so this should be improved in future. However the staff were helpful and courteous and it didn't really cause me any disruption.

Be aware that the hotel is a 30 minute taxi ride from central Paris and there is little of interest within walking distance. I stayed one night because of business meetings locally, but for a longer stay or holiday I'd recommend somewhere more central and less basic.

Overall - basic but fine for a cheap place to sleep.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is OK, rooms recently renovated, good bathroom, plenty of hot water, hairdryer. Watercooker in the room. You do not want to walk the neighbourhood at night. Taxi from la Defance is euro 15. Going into Paris you take bus 272 from centre Argenteuil (100 m walk) to bridge Bezon. Then you take tram to la Defance and from there you can go anywhere in Paris city.

Stayed September 2013
NYC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed here for one night for €50 cheaper than a top notch boutique hotel in Paris - so not sure what the attraction is to this place unless you have to walk to a client or something. Breakfast is OK - all buffet style. Dinner closes at 10pm on the dot so if you are late check-in eat elsewhere. The rooms are worse than hostels. Wifi is free - only good thing. Beds are very flimsy, TV barely works. I can see I stayed and experienced but never again. Friendly staff however.

Lastly, due to where this hotel is situated, to get to Paris or to Bezons during morning rush hour will take you 30 minutes just to get to the bridge.

Room Tip: The best rooms are in ANOTHER HOTEL
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manila
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

- there is no laundry service and not a single iron in the hotel
- WiFi - extremely disappointing (worse than the modems 15 years ago) or not working at all (at times)
- food - the food quality here is not why France is culinary superpower (not to mention the poor variety of the breakfast)
- some personnel very nice (Amine, Mustapha), but it happened that a waitress tried to send us away from breakfast at around 9:00, though the welcome kit says it is open till 9:30
- price - via www.trivago.com I got a price that was 2/3 of the price the hotel offered as a "good deal" to our company
- inability to fully close the room window was after all that the last of my concerns

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Market Harborough, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I really don't understand the terrible reviews here. This is a very cheap, budget hotel, similar to the Travelodges we get here in the UK, but for some reason unless it lives up the standards of the Savoy or the Ritz, then people seem to be horrified. If you want a luxury hotel, then you need to pay for it!

I stayed here with my husband in December/January for New Year on an organised coach trip. We stayed for 3 nights. There was no choice of which hotel we stayed in for this trip, as it was organised by the travel company. So when we got our tickets a couple of weeks before departure and saw which hotel we would be staying in, I looked at the reviews on TripAdvisor, and was really quite worried.

However, I had no reason to be, as it was a perfectly fine hotel. The rooms are basic, but clean and comfortable, with ample space to move around and put your things. There was a TV and tea and coffee making facilites, things that you don't always get in other more expensive hotels.

The area is apparantly not the best, with very little places of interest within walking distance, but this hotel is designed to be used as a base only really, as it is in the suburbs of Paris, and not in the city centre itself. It is probably 4 times more expensive to stay in the centre.

We ate at the hotel restaurant on the first night as we arrived in the evening, and had a rather nice dish with duck and sweet potato. It wasn't particularly cheap, but then not ridiculously expensive either. About right really for hotel meal prices in cities.

Breakfast was a bit of an issue, because being New Year, the hotel was completely booked up with coach tours, and everyone tended to come down to breakfast all at the same time. Any hotel restaurant would struggle if the entire hotel all wanted to eat at once, but it is quite a small restaurant area at this hotel, so it did turn in to a bit of a sardine situation. However, we found it was best to sit in the chairs in reception and wait until a table became available, rather than queuing outside the restaurant where everyone was tutting and huffing at each other. I think the situation was largely exasperated by rude people all pushing and shoving because they just couldn't wait, but it was New Year, and I am sure that this is not a regular problem. My advice if you are on a coach trip and have time constraints, would be to get down to breakfast as early as you can, just in case it is busy. The actual food on offer was very nice. It was all continental style, with some lovely breads, meats, cheeses and cereals.

We didn't each at the hotel on the second night (New Year's Eve), as we spent this at Disneyland Paris, and so ate there. However on the third night, New Year's Day, we were all booked in to have a 4 course meal at a top French restaurant in the centre of Paris, as part of our coach tour. However, our coach broke down earlier in the day, and as it was New Year's Day, the tour operator could not find any available coaches and drivers to come and take over at short notice on a bank holiday evening. This meant we were stranded at the hotel with nothing to do. The hotel only orders in enough food for the restaurant in the evenings to cover the estimated number of bookings they will have for that day, and as it was New Year's Day and everyone in the hotel had booked to go out, they hadn't ordered any food in. We were all very upset, as there were no restaurants nearby the hotel, so we didn't know what we were going to do. However the chef in the hotel restaurant saved the day, by managing to offer a choice of chicken or steak and chips to us all, which was provided at a very good value price. Of course it was not the 4 course meal we had all been hoping for that evening, but the food was cooked to perfection and very tasty, and we were all very grateful to the hotel staff for saving the evening. And we were all paritally refunded by the tour operator for the missed evening anyway, so we were not out of pocket in any way.

So all in all, I thought the hotel was perfectly fine, and the staff were all lovely. If I booked a coach trip to Paris again, and would have no problem staying at this hotel again. Please ignore the snobs reviews, they are just expecting something for nothing. The hotel never claims to be anything other than a budget hotel for travellers and business people, and I must stay, some of the more expensive hotels I have stayed at in the UK have been far worse!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Me and my wife stayed here and we must agree with every bad thing written by others it was simply terrible staff food room and most worrying the area .It was so rough that me and my wife turned back to the hotel after a short distance .But the best was the manageress shes so rude they gave her the rest of the week off because she was so moody lol .Please dont give them your money by staying here its so bad

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Campanile Argenteuil? Share your experiences!