We left our holiday cottage in Brittany on Saturday morning, and had booked a ferry from Roscoff to Plymouth leaving early on Sunday morning, so we needed somewhere for Saturday night. As we had left booking rather late, this was the only reasonable looking hotel that still had rooms available.
It turned out to be a very smart boutique style establishment, in a beautiful, old town house near the centre of Roscoff. Our room, on the first floor was very comfortable and well appointed and overlooked the a square with a church on the far side. There was a lift from the ground floor, but if you didn't want to use it, the alternative was a stone sprial staircase left from the original building.
Initially, we were a little concerned about parking as we were in the centre of town, and the hotel has no carpark. There was no need to worry, as we were able to park, free of charge, on the pavement right outside the hotel entrance, so it was actually very convenient. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant, but again, this was not a problem as there are numerous cafes and restaurants within a few hundred metres of the front door. Breakfast is served in the hotel lounge area, but we weren't able to sample it because of our early departure on the ferry.
Sadly we weren't able to stay long enough to really enjoy the facilities of this hotel and what the town of Roscoff had to offer. But if and when we come back, we would be more than happy to stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Le Temps De Vivre Hotel Roscoff
- Le Temps De Vivre Hotel
- Le Temps De Vivre Roscoff
- Le Temps De Vivre Roscoff, France - Brittany
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You who spend a few hours or days in these places, maybe you would like to know the story. Built around 1585, this home of tradition has been for many over the ages. It has successively belonged to wealthy merchants and shipowners roscovites, then pirates.In the second half of the nineteenth and early twentieth century, it served as an inn under the name "White Pigeon". An alley adjacent to the building leads directly to the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Splendia and Venere so you can book your Le Temps de Vivre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.