“I normally don't write bad reviews.” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
San Francisco, California
“I normally don't write bad reviews.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I don't like writing bad reviews. If I don't have anything positive to say, I won't say it - usually. But unfortunately, I do feel the need to actively advise against this place. The service was fine; it's the food that really got me here - things just feel defrosted and slapped on a plate. To their credit, they don't overcharge - but after a few bites, I couldn't continue. My husband had duck, and I think he fared better than I did - but my food was really, really unappetizing.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Melbourne
“Don't Bother With This One”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Poor service, disinterested in us when we didn't want to buy expensive drinks.
The outdoor heaters didn't work

Visited September 2013
staffs
“poor poor poor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

visited here sept 2013. Had arrived at 7pm in Sarlat to experience an evening stroll in gas light.
This restaurant was full at 8pm so "thought " good sign how wrong! Ushered quickly by asian gentleman into the outside courtyard, ordered our drinks, viewed the menu, which seemed very
busy and not very well presented. My friends and husband ordered usual french fare, i for some reason opted for pizza. Food arrived - no drinks, no cutlery. I assume the other waiter was his son, who just shrugged that he had forgot! Food was TERRIBLE, coq au vin had been cooked reheated cooked reheated and as tough as old boots. My pizza was cold, whilst eating, the son started cleaning tables of all cutlery, glasses, tablecloths, whilst people around were still eating. a french lady got annoyed, and had sharp words when chairs were being stacked on tables around them, boxing them into a corner. having left most of our food, we asked for the bill 62euros, we didnt leave a tip, and again the son took the money checked it and tutted loudly shaking his head no tip. my only tip, is avoid this place. They even dough ted the fire inside whilst people still dining. Shocking food , shocking service.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Dire! So many others to choose from, go elsewhere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My fish was still frozen in the middle. I'd eaten some of it so when the manager (I'm presuming he was the manager, a Oritental man) offered to cook it some more (without an apology) I declined and asked for it to be removed from the bill. It was removed from the bill but as we left I saw him shake his head as me. I couldn't believe how rude he was and told him so (it's not as if I had caused a fuss when I complained). He shrugged his shoulders and said he'd offered to get it cooked more. It should have been cooked properly to start with!

My partner had a pizza and he wasn't impressed either. The only beer they had was Leffe. At 9 euros for a large one, this is 2.50 euros more than a large Stella in the main square. Rip off. They only had Martini Rosso, not Martini Blanc even though it was on the drinks menu.

Avoid at all costs.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Good food, shame about everything else”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for somewhere shaded for lunch and this looked a good spot, its in a little area off the main footpaths, quite picturesque, menu read nice, staff smiling,
I chose the set menu, €14 , food was really good, I had goats cheese, followed by cassoulet with duck wings, which were really crispy and tasty, and isle flottante,
Which was excellent value for money, ( wait there's a catch), 3 if our party had the set menu, 2 didn't , so here's where it goes awry, the 2 got there main courses before our starters, and so had finished before our main courses arrived, ok, not a big problem , pizza was very poor, still not a huge problem.
At the end of the meal I asked for the bill to find that we'd been charged €15 for the 3 puds on the set menu, I went up to speak to who I guess was the manager, who apologiesed, and re printed the bill, but I noticed he'd only removed 1 pudding, I had to repeat this process twice again, until they'd all been removed , at this point his attitude changed, he was no longer apologetic but seemed quite miffed that I'd noticed the error, I can see from some previous entries over charging is quite common, over all a bit of a shame as my lunch was really good .

• Visited July 2013