“Lobsters fresh from the sea” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 141 Restaurants in Arcachon
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Toulouse, France
“Lobsters fresh from the sea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I had boeuf rossini; Excellent; this waterfront restaurant and brasserie has a superbe menu that includes fresh seafood platters and other traditional bistro fare. Each plate is a work of art.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Indianapolis, Indiana
“A Gem on the Ocean Front”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I usually try avoid restaurants on the Ocean Front in Tourist Town. However, a good friend of us made reservations for us there for lunch. The restaurants has basically 2 sections: one for tourists and one for food lovers.
There is an immense raw bar with a ton of selection of raw seafood.
We choose to go the other way and went a la carte after we were seated by the owner, a former French Rugby Player and now Restaurateur and wine grower.
Started of with delicious Fois Gras (again) and Shrimp and Seafood Appetizers. Following the recommendation of the excellent English speaking waiter we choose Dover Sole and Barbeu Poelee (Turbot.)
Both were fresh and very tasty.....the arrangement f the Vegetables on my Turbot were stunning (see pictures) and tasted like food in heaven. We followed through with the "Grand Selection" of desserts...a bit of everything,
The restaurant features a very nice wine list of their menu's...however, ther is a grand list available that has everything on it from 1er Cru to Grand Cru Classe from Pomerol and the rest of the right bank (if not from all over France) - Excellent!
After lunch we enjoyed people watching on the beach boulevard.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fine dining doesn't get better than this without the use of a water bath”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Maybe I am easily impressed but I really loved it here. Eight of us dined and some just wanted mains. Some wanted three courses and some wanted two courses. The restaurant kitchen and staff coped impeccably. It was early evening but I really do think its worth mentioning that first.

My partner and I opted for the three course set menu of course and it did represent good value for money at €30 each. I had a good fruits de mer platter which had a small array of shellfish including oysters - very happy with that. Followed by a massive slab of duck with celeriac mash. No veg. Seems to be a French thing generally but something to be aware of. The chocolate dessert was also a thing of beauty.

Maybe go a little earlier before it fills out?

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hatfield, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch, excellent staff, reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Sixteen of us lunched here on a Saturday. It was a dull, slightly rainy day so Arcachon was not busy and the restaurant was not full. The range of a la carte food was very good, with delicious oysters, there were excellent wines and a good and reasonably priced menu. Service was excellent also. We all agreed that we would want to visit this restaurant again when we return to Arcachon.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kennett Square, PA USA
“Beautiful restaurant in an excellent location; food is so-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We made a reservation at this beautiful restaurant and were given a desirable window table. Personally, I felt as though my langoustines were overcooked and my overall meal was just so-so. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his sole (which I will admit was quite tasty), but his poisson soup was ok with a very fishy taste. We shared a huge dessert of profiteroles. They were good, though nothing exceptional. The service was excellent.

After returning to our hotel we discovered that this restaurant is not as highly rated on Tripadvisor as we would have liked. Because of our so-so experience here, we made sure that we dined at a highly rated restaurant in Arcachon the following evening.

Visited April 2013