I spent 3 nights in July, 2008 at this hotel with my wife and son, which was unfortunately the worst part of our 2 weeks tour in the 'Island of Beauty, Corsica'.
Before the day of arrival we called them to ask if we could leave our luggages to the reception, in case we arrive earlier than 16:00 (which is the latest check-in time I've ever seen in my life). The answer on the phone was a hursh 'NO' saying that the reception was closed from 12:00 - 16:00 !!!
So the next day we arrived and before going to reception we wanted to have a look at the swimming pool, which was a fatal error. The owner of the hotel (Christian) ran to us and started shouting 'get out - get out!' . We were shocked and tried to explain him that we were Clients. He did not care and ordered us to make the check-in first, before entering to anywherelse. When we asked him to calm down, his anwer was: "this my place and these are my rules, if you don'like you can leave". Well it was easy for him to say that since we had already paid 30% advance in March,2008 during rezervation.
During check-in he forced us to pay the remaining two days in advance + breakfast. We told him that we do not wish to take breakfast but he said that it is obligatory (although it is not indicated that way in their web-site).
Having already paid 30% advance and knowing the difficulties of finding a last minute hotel in Porto Vecchio in the middle of July with a tired 10 year old, we decided to obey the owner of the hotel and chek-in the room under his conditions.
The breakfast which we were forced to take was terrible. We had the right for only one cup of coffe, one glass of orange juice and only one croissant.
The swimming pool area was nice but empty and dead because almost everything was prohibited in and around the pool.
We tried not to think much about this hotel and its owners, by spending most of our time outside, at the beautiful beaches around, during our stay.
Finally,such treatment and service for EUR 235 ($ 375) / night. No thanks!!!
- Also Known As:
- Palombaggia Hotel Porto Vecchio
- Hotel Palombaggia Corsica/Porto-Vecchio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel de charme located between the sea and the hist, in a hundred year old pine forest, has only 7 rooms built around a large swimming pool, with a bar serving breakfast and drinks, and private car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Palombaggia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.