“Good dinner, friendly service, great terrace” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Brasserie
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Zurich area, Switzerland
“Good dinner, friendly service, great terrace”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Terrific location right next to the beach with free sunset for dinner.
The terrace is the place to be, I would not recommend sitting inside.
If you reserve a table you might catch a place next to the beach, which we did not.
Our pizza were delicious, they even managed our quite complicated special order.
Important for a family with kids: they served our meals quite fast.
After 9pm the staff is in a real hurry, nevertheless our waitress stayed friendly and effective.
The place has a professional management, so don´t expect the traditional Corse way of living - with all its charm and its downsides...

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Pay now!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This bar restaurant is quite a trendy place to go.The beach view is very nice overlooking Ajaccio. My second evening here was spoilt by having to pay on delivery of my tapas and beer. I found the server under immense pressure to get customers to pay immediately. I had already paid for drinks and wanted to relax a little. I refused to pay until the end of my meal. The server said that I understood nothing. The server explained that it was to avoid clients leaving without paying! I asked him to calm down and call the manager or take the food back. A client next to me smiled and said that I was right. The server came back and told me not to talk to the other clients! It's pity all this as this bar restaurant has a lot going for it. It's very commercial though and run by people from the continent and not the more laid back Corsicans. A Corsican owner will quite often offer a drink if you are in a group. So rather a sad moment for me. Otherwise the tapas were quite good as for the Pietra Corsican beer.

Visited June 2013
UK
“A very attractive place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Le Colisée is a very attractive place by its situation near Porticcio beach and with a most fantastic view on Ajaccio and its bay.

The ideal place for a coffee or a cool Corsica beer and enjoying the views.

The food for lunch and diner is very good. Good choice of dishes prepared by a very good chef.

Visiting Corsica out of season is best as you avoid the crowds and the service in restaurants is friendly and relaxed.

• Visited October 2012