Whilst the hotel is splendid, the view breathtaking and the Spa really pleasant, I thought this Sofitel is not to the standards of the astronomical prices (around EUR 3K per person for 6 days excl. flights & transportation...!):
-at the Spa: the personnel is pleasant and attentive, fab!! it's really relaxing and we had a good time chatting with the personal trainers at the gym and the girls working at the Spa. thank you
-Pool area: very nice and professional. great, thanks!
- Restaurant: the service at the restaurant is appaling. It takes about 2.5+hours to get served a meal for 6. Breakfast is good, dinner is very good, lunch is at best mediocre.
- reception: not great. hypocritical smiles, no real service or useful information
- cleaning staff: I appreciated the impeccable service from the cleaning staff who brought fresh fruit and water daily a well as cleaned the room thoroughly. They were always smiling and pleasant when we ran into them. thank you!!
- director: the VIP jet-setter. the hotel view is absolutely amazing. He organized welcome drinks for us.. between the laudromat and the parking lot (with no view of course and nasty odors from the parking lot). And if you think I am joking, I am not. and he arrived late.. of course. All week it looked like we was on vacation rather than us. honestly, shoking!!
There is no access to the tiny beach so nobody uses it (we asked the director but he said it was to keep people that were not from the hotel off the beach.. ?!??)
the property is beautiful, the salt-water pool is very pleasant, the pool area is darling with breathtaking views to the sea. i loved spending time lazying in the garden, it's really agreeable.
I think the rooms are fine. The decoration is not to my taste but the beds are very comfortable, the TVs are bad quality so the sound and image are quite mediocre. we had a small terrasse with a sea view. Nice to wake up to. my friends had a much nicer room i have to say with a terrasse that was fab.
The Spa and gym are superb: we had a great time working out and getting pampered every day.
OVERALL: I had a great time thanks to my entourage and thanks to the Spa/Gym. I dont think I will go back as I know many places where the standards are higher and the prices similar or cheaper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing Ajaccio Bay and the Sanguinaires Islands, Corsica provides a stunning setting for the hotel and its thalassotherapy institute. With unrestricted views of sky, sea and rocks, the hotel boasts a small private beach, where guests can sunbathe and swim in total peace, plus a large outdoor pool . This is simply heaven. The ideal setting for long holidays or short and memorable healthy breaks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Splendia, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Golfe d'Ajaccio Thalassa Sea and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Thalassa Porticcio Hotel Porticcio
- Sofitel Porticcio
- Accor Thalassa Porticcio
- Porticcio Sofitel
- Sofitel Golfe D'Ajaccio Thalassa Sea And Spa Porticcio, Corsica