“Simple, but value for money” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Poseidon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ormos, 840 01, Greece   |
Ranked #21 of 44 hotels in Ios
Sydney
“Simple, but value for money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2008

My friend booked this place based on a review in the Lonely Planet.

The rooms were very basic, but did the job.

We got what we paid for.

Located right next to the Ferry Port, which was ideal. And not far to the town centre. (There is a bus that goes every 15 minutes, or a taxi is only 5 euro)

The pool is nice, however it gets the shade early afternoon so gets quite cool.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

The Poseidon Hotel is a small hotel in the centre of Ios Port,near to supermarket,bike rentals and restaurants.
From our window we could see the sea and the boats in the harbour.
Our room was small but clean,with a big shower,a/c,fridge and tv.
There is a terrace in common for every 3/4 rooms with a fantastic view of the sea and of Chora.
I don't know if the breakfast was good because I woke up too late very morning.
They kept our luggage after our check out for a lot of time.
I would definetly come back to this place.

• Liked — the view
  • Disliked — the stairs
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
stockton on tees
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2008

stayed at the poseidon for the fourth time and again was greeted as an old friend by the charming manager and his parents.hotel is two minutes from the ferry terminal but up steepish steps so consequently has a lovely view over the port.rooms are standard issue greek hotel but well finished and maintained plus cnn if you want to keep up with the rest of the world.breakfast is an extra 6 euros and is basic but adequete and charmingly served on the terrace.there is a nice pool and bar and majority of rooms have the great views.busses and beach boats leave from near the port plus there is a great bakery and good supermarket in the same area..woulld love to return next year

• Liked — friendly welcome
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2007

I made a reservation for this hotel a week before my stay. I paid upfront. All went well until I was unable to get a ferry to Ios on the date of my reservation. All the ferries were booked and I would not be able to get to the island until the next day. I called the hotel and asked whether they could give me a room for the next night and only charge me for one. The person who answered the phone agreed. I sent an mail confirming the change in plans. I checked my email about an hour before my ferry to Ios departed stating that no room would be available. I was extremely stressed, called the hotel and was told by the booking person that I was misinformed and that the person who agreed to charge me for one night was not authorized to make that arrangement and that it was not the hotel's responsibility (to train or supervise its employees???). After going back and forth for 20 minutes, he finally agreed to give me a room (not the room originally promised). When I arrived at check in, again, I was asked what I was promised blah blah blah. The staff people were arguing in Greek. No one wanted to accept responsibility. Extremely unprofessional. The room that I stayed in had a shower that sprayed all over the place. The people next door knocked on my room a few times, but that stopped when I contacted reception. Otherwise, the location and accomodations are fine. Breakfast is nothing to rave about.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2006

Stayed at this great little hotel near the Ios port (3min walk) for 3 nights. Reception staff were lovely and very helpful. Breakfast was great, served on a beautiful patio by a sweet little Greek lady (which I think turns into a self-serve buffet in the busy period), rooms were very large and clean with great large balconies with fantastic views over the port but the best part was the pool. Its beautful and so clean with lots of sun-lounges, a sun-deck, showers/toilets, a great pool-bar and a lovely bar-man called Andreas. We really enjoyed our stay here. It wasnt anythng flash but for just a clean base to sleep, have a bite to eat in the morning, somehere to cool off in the afternoon and so close to the great taverns at the port, you cant go past this place. They also kept our luggage for us for hours after we checked out.

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Hotel Poseidon? Share your experiences!