“Should be rated #1 in Ios.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 activities in Ios
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We are the ONLY school in Ios, that is offering both SSI and PADI training up to and including Instuctor level located in the amazing resort of FAR OUT. Meltemi Dive has the latest state of the art equipment, highly qualified teaching and support staff and prides itself on safety.
“Should be rated #1 in Ios.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Amazing staff, excellent course. Couldn't have learned more about diving in 3 days anywhere else! Thanks to Katherine and James and the whole staff for the excellent diving weekend!

Visited June 2013

“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic place brill diving. Good beach pools for diving in open water diving is really really good fantastic wrack if fishing boat

Visited June 2013
Reading, England, United Kingdom
“Simply stunning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have to say a big thank you to all the people at Meltemi dive center,They made me so welcome and relaxed as I was a first time diver. They made me feel like one of the family and were so curtious and respectful. Its a delight to say I shared my first under water experience with these guys, I am not to sure who was more excited after them or me. I really can not recommend this dive school enough if you are in the area or planing a trip this is your place.

Visited May 2013
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“The Most Amazing Training You Could Ask For”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

When i arrived on the the Island I was little more than a swimmer, the idea of being able to breath under the sea was one that made me nervous and more than a little edgy. In the space of a season on Ios Katherine, Jason and Diefer the husky managed to turn this young man who struggled to even snorkel into a dive Proffesional. Thanks to Katherine and Jason's outstanding teaching techniques and them taking me under their wing and teaching me all about the fantastic world and profession that is scuba diving I have been able to now leave the little Greek Island and now manage a dive centre in the Middle East. I have no doubt that with out Katherine and Jason's determination and hard work to help me along and turn me into a dive pro, I would not be where I am today. Meltemi dive centre is the most professional dive centre on Ios with out a doubt. They have exemplary safety standards and a stunning dive centre and location with fantastic staffing. I can't wait to go back and take a dive in the beautiful blue waters of Ios with Meltemi Dive. Thanks for everything guys. Daz

Visited June 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Thanks for the diving and the friendship”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I came to Ios with tour company Busabout as our last stop on a tour of the Greek Islands. I knew Ios had a reputation of being a party place, with non-stop drinking and partying but I wanted to try something new (as well as indulging in the drinking and partying) so when my tour guide told me about Meltemi I jumped at the chance.

I went down to the school the very first afternoon I was there and met up with Katherine, Jason and their diving family (I use the word family because that's what it really felt like). It was early on in the season so our dive group was small but boy did we have a great time! Jason was great at easing us all into the process of breathing underwater with some quick lessons in the pool before we hit the open water. Sometimes I felt self-conscious about what I was doing but Jason and the rest of the team always assured me that I was going great and were really helpful.

We had a great day for diving with clear vision so we could see everything. I really can't describe the sensation of diving, it's one of those things you truly have to experience for yourself, but I would recommend it to anyone. Unfortunately I wasn't in Ios for long and the nightlife put me in no state to be diving in so I didn't get another session in.

Katherine and Jason are not just great instructors but also great people. I ran into to a couple of times in the village always ended up having great chats with them. Their 'Killer Pool' nights at a local pub are also a great laugh and raise funds for protecting turtles.

I am genuinely upset that i cannot make it back to Ios this summer to see them again and get back into diving but am determined to see them and the Ios ocean in 2014!

Visited June 2012