Stayed at Horizon Village for 3 nights. Located approximately 15km (20mins) from Chiang Mai town. It was build in a huge land where it has a botanical garden, mini zoo, convention center, hot air balloon service, & few restaurants in it. This would be a great place for people is looking for a quiet and peaceful holiday outing. If you are hunting for local/street food there is nothing within walking distance. Need to take shuttle into Chiang Mai town. This is mainly for those wanting a breakaway from hectic busy places.
Important: If you are looking of being mobile, walking around searching for tour offers, local food hunting, night life entertainment, etc... - this may not be the right place.
There is free shuttle service provided by hotel (Hotel –> Night Market/city center) for their guests (note: only twice a day, 10am & 7pm towards town and return is just once around 10~10.30pm)
Note: make reservation at front desk 2hours prior if you plan to use their shuttle service. Seat are limited – 10 seater van. Special arrangement also can be made for pickup from town and charges would be 450baht one way.
Hotel staffs are exceptional; they are very kind and helpful 24/7. We had experienced power interruption to our room; assistant came to the room within minutes after we called the front desk.
Buffet breakfast served was pretty good as well. Since there are several restaurants in the hotel compound, breakfast may not be served at the same place every day. Alike ‘Thong Goaw’ restaurant, it’s quite a distance to walk from the lobby, however its good exercise.
Botanical garden is right behind the villas. For outsider ticket will be imposed however for hotel guests its free.
Initially I was expecting lots of flower around, in fact its more green than red.. Nevertheless it is still a beautiful place to have a morning walk or jog.
Ask the hotel upfront if they provide any special package. I have taken “Green Season promo” which include one day elephant safari tour and one Thai dinner set (simply exquisite). It is worth it if you choose to have the itinerary given. If you would like to book the room only, surely website like ‘Agoda.com’ provides better deal.
In summary, Horizon Village is a perfect place to stay. Simply could not find reasons not to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Horizon Village & Resort or otherwise known as the Family resort of Chiang Mai, has been open since 2005. Horizon Village& Resort is located on the main highway approximately 10 kms. From downtown of Chiang Mai. It is set in 286 rai of beautiful garden. Its design is inspired by Northern Thai (Lanna) culture, with classic architectural details. Horizon Village & Resort is a place of deep tranquility where guests can escape from their busy lifestyles or simply indulge in a luxurious weekend away. All the facilities are those one would expect from a high class resort. Some include a spacious salt swimming pool, Buddhist insight meditation and a fitness room .You can be accomadated at Horizon Village & Resort or you can even just stay the day in the botanical garden..In the garden you can walk, enjoy your morning jogging, bike or even bird watching as well as many other activities.Horizon Village& Resort used to be a boutique resort Chiang Mai but after we built a second group of rooms it became a resort of 71 rooms. Now we are called garden and family resort of Chiang Mai . Personal service is provided in a warm uplifting family atmosphere. Horizon Village& Resort has 71 rooms, from which you can take your pick off suites ranging from standard rooms to superior villas. The sizes of the rooms vary from 40 to 68 square metres.There are two restaurants,both of which serve at different times of the day insuring you a convenient stay. They also serve an array of healthy food made with original and organically grown fruits herbs and vegetables. ************************************************** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Horizon Village & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Village Hotel Chiang Mai
- Horizon Village And Resort
- Horizon Village & Resort Chiang Mai Province/Doi Saket, Thailand