The few bad reviews from members are about location but I think it is the hotel's location that makes it so special.
Rooms are large and clean. Services is good and prices are reasonable. Breakfast and other meals are very good. However Thailand is full of hotels that offer this and it is the extra that Horizon brings to the party that sets it apart.
It is a good distance from Chiang Mai but we never had any problem in getting tour operators to pick us up. I wouldn't have thought that a hotel closer to Chiang Mai could have boasted botanical gardens and its own zoo.
We spent 5 nights at the Horizon - the first was after a day's travelling, the second was after a day's touring and the third was after a day with the elephants. After all these we were glad of the peace and to eat at the hotel. The forth day was a chance to lounge around the pool (choice of 3) and explore the gardens and zoo. I rate the chance to hand feed deer, camels etc. higher than being closer to night life. I might have felt different if the restaurant was rubbish but it wasn't. That night we caught the shuttle bus into Chiang Mai and had plenty of time to have something to eat and visit the night market. The next day it was touring again and we ate at the hotel.
We were sorry to leave to continue our travels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Horizon Village & Resort or otherwise known as the Family resort of Chiang Mai, has been open since 2005. Horizon Village& Resort is located on the main highway approximately 10 kms. From downtown of Chiang Mai. It is set in 286 rai of beautiful garden. Its design is inspired by Northern Thai (Lanna) culture, with classic architectural details. Horizon Village & Resort is a place of deep tranquility where guests can escape from their busy lifestyles or simply indulge in a luxurious weekend away. All the facilities are those one would expect from a high class resort. Some include a spacious salt swimming pool, Buddhist insight meditation and a fitness room .You can be accomadated at Horizon Village & Resort or you can even just stay the day in the botanical garden..In the garden you can walk, enjoy your morning jogging, bike or even bird watching as well as many other activities.Horizon Village& Resort used to be a boutique resort Chiang Mai but after we built a second group of rooms it became a resort of 71 rooms. Now we are called garden and family resort of Chiang Mai . Personal service is provided in a warm uplifting family atmosphere. Horizon Village& Resort has 71 rooms, from which you can take your pick off suites ranging from standard rooms to superior villas. The sizes of the rooms vary from 40 to 68 square metres.There are two restaurants,both of which serve at different times of the day insuring you a convenient stay. They also serve an array of healthy food made with original and organically grown fruits herbs and vegetables. ************************************************** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Horizon Village & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Village Hotel Chiang Mai
- Horizon Village And Resort
- Horizon Village & Resort Chiang Mai Province/Doi Saket, Thailand