About a 30 - 40 minute ride out of the centre of Chiang Mai but well worth the trip. Could not fault the service, the rooms, the food and value for money. We stayed in a standard room for 1575 baht per night and could see no reason to have to upgrade. It is part of the botanical gardens next door which you get free entry to. Well worth a ride around on a bike you hire for 2 hours at 30 baht. The village is big place and the restaurant a bit of a walk but no problem. The grounds around the complex re stunning. We stayed during the low season so not many people around. They have 2 restaurants normally open but only one when we stayed. We were given free transport back to the train station to continue our travels. I think that is the norm? The pools are beautiful and clean. A great place for all types. Young, old, families, it caters for all. We would not hesitate staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Horizon Village & Resort or otherwise known as the Family resort of Chiang Mai, has been open since 2005. Horizon Village& Resort is located on the main highway approximately 10 kms. From downtown of Chiang Mai. It is set in 286 rai of beautiful garden. Its design is inspired by Northern Thai (Lanna) culture, with classic architectural details. Horizon Village & Resort is a place of deep tranquility where guests can escape from their busy lifestyles or simply indulge in a luxurious weekend away. All the facilities are those one would expect from a high class resort. Some include a spacious salt swimming pool, Buddhist insight meditation and a fitness room .You can be accomadated at Horizon Village & Resort or you can even just stay the day in the botanical garden..In the garden you can walk, enjoy your morning jogging, bike or even bird watching as well as many other activities.Horizon Village& Resort used to be a boutique resort Chiang Mai but after we built a second group of rooms it became a resort of 71 rooms. Now we are called garden and family resort of Chiang Mai . Personal service is provided in a warm uplifting family atmosphere. Horizon Village& Resort has 71 rooms, from which you can take your pick off suites ranging from standard rooms to superior villas. The sizes of the rooms vary from 40 to 68 square metres.There are two restaurants,both of which serve at different times of the day insuring you a convenient stay. They also serve an array of healthy food made with original and organically grown fruits herbs and vegetables. ************************************************** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Horizon Village & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Village Hotel Chiang Mai
- Horizon Village And Resort
- Horizon Village & Resort Chiang Mai Province/Doi Saket, Thailand