“Wow! What a fnatastic place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brown's Old Orchard Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Holbeck
Brown's Old Orchard Cottage
You added Brown's Old Orchard Cottage to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Near Worksop, Holbeck S80 3NF, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Holbeck B&B and Inns
west midlands
“Wow! What a fnatastic place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2007

"Cross over the ford", just as the brochure says and you enter a different world. Prior to our stay at 'Brown's', I had read comments on Trip Advisor and was encouraged by the excellent reviews and decided to persue our stay in Nottinghamshire and at 'Browns'
The whole setting was perfexct, from the ambiance of the reception/hall, surronded by the family history in photographs to the delecate personal and deatailed attentiond to the lodge that we stayed in, especially the fresh flowers.
The breakfasts that we had were sometinhg else, the quantity and quality was cetainely better that any other that we had had. The presentation (nearly) lamost prevented you from wanting to spoli it by eating it.
Brown's' is certainley a place we would recommend and is on our list of place to re vist.
I wonder if the previous cossespondent actually stayed at the same 'Brown's' as we did

Stayed May 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
East Midlands UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2007

I think the problem started when we drove up in a van, Joan the owner came out of the house and when she saw me get out of the van and I (shock horror) have a shaved head, I was asked coldly if I could be helped. I think it went downhill from there :-)
Despite both of us being extremely polite, I felt we were treated with extreme rudeness, with awful looks and downright rude huffs and puffs from the lady of the house.
The other guests btw were treated wonderfully as far as I could see.

The breakfast was to die for, beautiful, all locally sourced, wondefully cooked. I have stayed in probably hundreds and hundreds of hotels and b&b's, this was the best breakfast ever I think.

We stayed in lodge number 3. the shower was terrible and we found the bed too hard. Apart from those 2 things the room was very nice, although it would have been nice to have somewhere to sit down, there were 2 chairs, but they were too small to be practical to sit on.

The "Garden terraces are adjacent to each lodge" as is on their website, is one large terrace in front of all 3 lodges, when we were there, it had permanant wet floor cleaning signs, no doubt in case someone slips on the decking.

The gardens looked very nice and the area was extremely quiet.

All in, a lovely place, spoiled for us by the rudeness of Joan towards myself and because of me, towards my partner. This completely ruined our weekend away together. Tbh I wouldn't go back if you paid me.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — The lady of the house, her husband was very polite and happy
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
north yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2007

Had a lovely time at Browns, Room was really nicely decorated including fresh flowers and a gorgeous big bath!
Breakfast was delicious and the owners friendly and helpful.

• Liked — everything
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Bristol, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2005

If there was ever a place that belonged on the cover of a tourist guide to England, it would be Brown's Old Orchard Cottage. The grounds at this old farm off the beaten path in Holbeck are stunning, and the accomodations were first rate. Joan, the innkeeper, was a wonderful host. Her recommendations for dinner (Elm Tree Inn & Barn Owl Restuarant in nearby Worksop) and a nearby attraction (Chatsworth House) were brilliant. The English breakfast was the perfect start to our last day of sightseeing in Nottinghamshire. The next time we visit England, we look forward to the pleasure of staying at Brown's

• Stayed August 2005
harrogate
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2005

Three lodges set amonst pretty gardens. The owner was kind enough to show me into all 3 lodges all of which were beautifully decorated and furnished. The accommodation was spotless and the breakfast delicious. Hope to return asap.

• Stayed March 2005
Rome Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2004

As soon as we entered the gates we felt a magical atmosphere. Our hosts were so nice and loved the food. Nice comfy rooms, clean and with a great bathroom. Just worthy a visit to be on the farm.

Been to Brown's Old Orchard Cottage? Share your experiences!