“A great highland tour” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Attractions in Kirkhill
London, Canada
“A great highland tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

After asking at the information office in Glasgow, I was recommended this tour by the agent. Our driver was Charlie the Bonnie Prince complete with his kilt. Our tour was advertised as 12 hours and was exactly on time. Although a long day, it was most enjoyable with several stops throughout the day including waterfalls, an ancient pub, Loch Ness and Inverness. Charlie was very knowledgable and passionate about Scotland and his work. He had me try a taste of his haggis at dinner which I appreciated, because I would not have ordered it. Charlie you indeed are Bonnie and made our day fantastic.

Albany, New York
7 attraction reviews
“More than "just a tour"......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I totally agree with all the superlatives in the earlier reviews.....just to add....

K was recommended by a friend who travels a LOT. My friend was part of a large tour group off a cruise ship last year. When he gives a positive travel recommendation, I know I can be sure of his recommendation.

I looked at the Exquisite Scotland WEB sight and wrote K an e-mail. He replied and offered to call me in the States to discuss what I wanted to do in Scotland. He called, and we spoke for about one hour. As Dianne and I were staying in Edinburgh and wanted to see the Highlands, K suggested we take a train from Edinburgh to Inverness where he would meet us. Because of the various train fares, he offered to purchase the train tickets for us (at the lowest possible cost) Great I said, but how would we get the tickets? OOOO,,, his daughter is a student in Edinburgh and she'd bring the tickets to the apartment we had rented (see my review of Lawnmarket Apartment). I mentioned that I usually rent a cell phone when I travel abroad and he said he could purchase an inexpensive one for much less... and have it delivered with the train tickets.

During the phone conversation, we decided on a two day excursion through the Highlands... we'd take the first (6:30 AM) train to Inverness on Monday, tour the Highlands, stay overnight on the Isle of Skye, tour Skye, return to Inverness, and take 7:00 PM Tuesday train from Inverness back to Edinburgh. K said he'd arrange for a B&B on Skye.

There were just the 3 of us in K's van. Our time did not have just a perfect "commercial" tour feeling. It felt like we were with a distant relative from another country who could not do enough to show us a great time. Just a totally amazing experience, from first contact, K made making travel arrangements, and touring,a total pleasure!

Madrid, Spain
“Ailene, Vicente and friends The Perfect Guide to the Highlands”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I recently took my husband and a group of our friends to the Highlands of Scotland. We were recommended K Thomson at Exquisite Scotland by Caroline at Castle Stuart and I have to say the recommendation was a winner! His Scottish charm, sense of humour and in-depth knowledge of the region made our day of sightseeing and distillery visit a truly memorable experience. My friends, my husband and I have travelled to many parts of the world together and K is clearly the best guide we have had. His enthusiasm, coupled with linguistic ability (one of our group only speaks Spanish and he took special care to translate everything for her), courtesy and excellent driving skills meant we had a fun, interesting and relaxing day. I would recommend him to any visitors to Scotland.

Lymington, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Simply the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Just half a day is all time I had for a 'tour of Scotland' whilst celebrating a 'big' birthday at Castle Stuart, Inverness with a group of girlfriends, seven in total, and boy did we see everything we wanted to. K has an extensive knowledge of the history of Scotland but we wanted to see Loch Ness, Castle Urquhart and the countryside. K delivered on my brief and exceeded all our expectations by taking us to Glen Affric as well, where after a short walk, we had a panaramic view of snow covered mountains. It was a glorious end to a perfect birthday celebration. K is huge fun and I strongly recommend him to anyone. I've been to Scotland on numerous occasions but K showed me places I've never seen before. I would definitely use him again. Maggie

Visited November 2012
Lysterfield, Victoria, Australia
“"Perfect in every way"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I joined a group of 8 cc people to experience Inverness. We booked a private tour with Exquisite Scotland, our guide K. Thomson. I was slightly unsure about the day ahead with K, his left of centre humour concerned us slightly. Well what a man, what a day, such an educated, knowledgeable person. We were given a day full surprises. We spent the whole day touring with K, he took us to places away from the regular tourist spots. He shared so much about his beautiful Scotland, and provided it with such passion and humour. We saw many different sights and went to places that appeared to be untouched by man, wow. Thankyou K and the other members of this small group for making this a day we will never forget. I highly recommend chosing this company, K is simply unique. We do hope to share another day touring with K in the future.

Visited August 2012