I have stayed at several QHotels. Being a 'small chain' I feel they give a slightly more 'personal approach' than most of the bigger chains. Hellidon lakes is similar in feel and quality the others in the chain.
We joined the QHotels 'Breakaway Club' years ago as the offers it included outweighed the one off joining fee. As such we continully receive e-mail flyers with offers which we occasionally take for a break.
I think a stay at such a hotel with gym & pool,etc and DB&B working out at £50 pppn is quite reasonable
(the £150 B&B in London the night before was absolutely awful ! and a naff B&B can easily be £40 pp)
No complaints about the room. Admitted we opted to pay extra for a superior room (extra £20 for 2 nights) but unknown to us, our childrens room was also upgraded FOC.
I agree with some others' comments regarding the cost of meals in the restaurant, but they are still in line with other hotels. However -
If you go for the DB&B package, it costs £15 more than just B&B. Normally this gives an allowance of £21 off the restaurant bill (used to be £25) However in this hotel this allowance covers a 3 course meal (with additional charge for the more expensive courses - scallops, steaks, etc)
The quality of food is very good, yes I only got 9 chips, but that was plenty, (like a 3 storey Jenga) I defy anyone to still be hungry after their 3 course meal, unless you're downright greedy.
Breakfast is all self service and everything you would normally expect if not more.
If you're inclined to be awkward and want such things as kippers, smoked salmon/scrambled eggs, etc. these are also available to order.
The location is stunning, in beautiful countryside, the Hotel is definately 'in the middle of nowhere'.
I can't comment on the golf, but the course looked ok to me.
- Also Known As:
- Hellidon Lakes Golf And Spa Hotel - a Qhotel
- Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel - a q Hellidon
- Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel - a q
- Hellidon Lakes Daventry
- Hellidon Lakes Hotel
- Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel - A QHotel Northamptonshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hellidon Lakes Golf and Spa Hotel is located in Daventry in Northamptonshire. This hidden gem is surrounded by 220 acres of delightfully peaceful grounds; so it’s quite easy to forget that it is a mere 14 miles off the M40 and 20 minutes from the M1.Hellidon Lakes Golf and Spa Hotel is home to a 27 hole Championship golf course, a superb leisure club, relaxing spa, tennis courts and a fishing lake. In fact the hotel's eight sparkling lakes are behind our four-star hotel’s name. What's more the hotel has an indoor ten pin bowling alley - great for family fun or on an evening of laughter outside of the meeting room. The hotel has 24 flexible conference and meeting rooms, 200 complimentary car parking spaces and are proud to offer some great stimulation for conference and events; from self-contained meeting areas to superb team building space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel - A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.