“Body, Mind, and Soul” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CheTica Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Isidro
CheTica Ranch
You added CheTica Ranch to your Saves list
250 meters North of Peaje Zurqui on rd #32 | San Jeronimo de Moravia, San Isidro 1100, Costa Rica   |
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Body, Mind, and Soul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

If it is wellness to recovery after surgery or just a retreat from it all to "reset your clock" the CheTica Ranch Medical Recovery Retreat will meet your expectations. The accommodations and grounds provide the idea setting to heal the body, mind, and soul. You can still connect with the "outside world" via in room TV and wireless internet or just relax to cool jazz (San Jose 95.5 Jazz) that greats you as you arrive in your room. The staff is exceptionally friendly and ready to meet your every need. I had a fire built for me several times in my in room fireplace. Meals are exceptional as well. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner can be brought to your room or if you wish a dining room is available to experience community sharing, free USA calls, or any number of books, cd's, and current movie titles to play in your room. The grounds are manicured with breathtaking landscapes settled below volcanos in the distance. You are close enough to town for a quick visit, but far enough away from San Jose to appreciate the beautiful and very quite country side. The retreat is gated which brings added security and peace of mind.

Nurse Francis was an absolute Angel during my recovery. She checked in on me several times a day and called the doctor for any concern. The owner, Ruben and his wife are engaged in the day to day operations and are very visible. Their children also serve and support visitors to the Retreat. I have not met more beautiful and sincere individuals that truly made me feel welcome and that they care for my wellbeing.

If this all sounds a bit much, it is not..........the CheTica Ranch earned every bit of my praise.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Baghdad, Iraq
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed at the Che Tica Ranch for one week in May 2014. First of all, its location is beautiful, Tranquil, peaceful. You stay in one of your own spacious cottages. The staff here were amazing and made my stay enjoyable. Ruben (one of the owners) made me feel like one of the family. If you are looking for a place to recover, make Che Tica Ranch Wellness & Recovery Center your first choice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I stayed two weeks after my surgery and the constant care and attentiveness of the staff made my recovery very pleasant and easy. The owner, Rubin Martin is passionate about providing excellent care to his guests. The cottages are rustic, spacious and charming. The ranch is surrounded by acres of natural beauty and the air is clean and fresh. Ruben's Sunday Argentinian BBQ is out of this world! The meals are balanced, delicious and made with fresh ingredients daily.

They provided me with the convenience of transporting me to/from my doctor's appointments and never had to wait for more than 10 minutes at any given time.

I have travelled all over the world and stayed at 5 star resorts and boutique hotels, but the warmth, support and kindness that I received by Che Tica's owners and staff made me feel at home.

I highly recommend Che Tica Ranch for medical recovery and if you decide to stay here, make sure you schedule a therapeutic massage with Magda. I also used the taxi services by Eduardo thru Che Tica for my personal use and some sightseeing. He is very professional, punctual and pleasant.

Love, love, love this place! The wonderful staff and owners make Che Tica Ranch a very special place to stay!

Room Tip: Grindelwald cottage is charming and spacious with a large beautiful bathroom.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Garland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Early this month, I travelled with a friend to Costa Rica for plastic surgery and we both stayed at Che Tica Recovery Ranch. It far exceeded my expectations in the expertise and kindness of the staff and the accommodations. We had our own charming, very comfortable cottage nestled in a hillside within a short walk to the main house. Spotless but not typical sterile hospital feeling - and decorated like a cozy home. Our nurse, Frances showered us, tended to our medication and dressings - with love! Daily lymph massages by Magda relieved and helped with swelling and pain and she is so cheerful I think laughter was a big part of our recovery. The food was delicious - local, fresh and plentiful. We could have it delivered to us in our cottage or dine with the other guests in the dining room. Fresh juice every day and i still long for the most delicious beet juice I've ever had.
After a couple of days I found myself experiencing this state of utter bliss - the surrounding scenery is so green and peaceful, I could lay in bed or sit on the porch swing and gaze at the rolling hills and foliage, watch the animals and listen to the birds for ages. No stress from the outside world, no distracting news, no decisions to make about anything. Just relax and get better. Nothing is too much trouble and Lorena (the owner) even made a special effort to come and see me one evening to make sure all was well. I stayed 13 days but wish I'd stayed a week longer.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Friant, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Traveling to Costa Rica to have surgical or major dental procedures done? Then
Che Tica Ranch should be your recovery destination. The owners, Ruben and Lorrena, invite you into their family, provide support and care for you that you simply will not find anywhere else.

I spent eight days recovering at this lovely ranch, perched high in the mountains of Heredia, the air was clean and crisp, the onsight RN and the rest of the staff made my comfort, and health their priority. I had meals in my private, cozy, cabin when I was unable to get to the open kitchen and club house. When I had concerns about post surgery issues I had only to call Francesca the RN to make sure all was well.

The staff was on top of all my follow-up appointments, providing transportation to and from, making sure that any changes in medication or bandaging were carried out as my doctor ordered. When you need to recover this is the place, you'll feel like you're with family, so leave your worries behind relax and get well.

Gay McMillen
California

Room Tip: Each Cabin is Private however some are upstairs, The InterLaken was on the ground floor and very coz...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I just returned from two weeks at Che Tica Ranch. It was all they said it would be and exactly what I needed. Competent, kind, knowledgeable and hospitable staff, well appointed rooms, balanced and nutritious meals, rides to and from my appointments and extra amenities like DVD's and books. After the first day when I took meals in my room, I chose to eat lunch and dinner in the dining room with the other patients and the plus side of the experience was all the amazing people I met who all wanted to make their lives better and who were doing it. Good balance between socializing and resting; the environment allows for outside walks too. Each room has a different theme. Mine was Taos which was spacious and in the perfect location for me. If you crave sunshine every day this isn't the place for you,(at least during the time I was there) but the pristine, natural and scenic environment is very healing.

Room Tip: My room was level with the ground and I didn't even hear cars right at my front door. I think...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Excellent, heart warming stay. I stayed 10 days at the ranch through the Christmas holidays. I have traveled throughout the world and stayed in many hotels of five star ratings, none of these came close to providing the level of care and kindness that I received while at the ranch. Ruben and his family made me feel like family.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to CheTica Ranch? Share your experiences!