“Great stay, made me feel like family!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CheTica Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Isidro
CheTica Ranch
You added CheTica Ranch to your Saves list
250 meters North of Peaje Zurqui on rd #32 | San Jeronimo de Moravia, San Isidro 1100, Costa Rica   |
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great stay, made me feel like family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Excellent, heart warming stay. I stayed 10 days at the ranch through the Christmas holidays. I have traveled throughout the world and stayed in many hotels of five star ratings, none of these came close to providing the level of care and kindness that I received while at the ranch. Ruben and his family made me feel like family.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Niceville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Our family has stayed two times at Chetica Ranch, once for ten days just my husband and myself, the other for a month with our whole family and our dog. If I did not feel comfortable with our first visit, I would not have taken my children the second time.

Both our stays at Costa Rica were positive experiences considering that my husband had major dental work done both trips. Ruben takes very good care of us and is very accommodating. I would have no problem going back to Costa Rica if I stayed at Ruben's. The country can be hard to negotiate if you do not know Spanish and navigate if you do not know the roads. I would not recommend doing so by yourself your first trip.

I would say that people should also have realistic expectations that Chetica is a ranch and Costa Rica is not the US and can be rustic and definitely has a different pace. It's all part of the adventure.

Ruben watches over people and is genuinely caring about their well being. The people at the ranch work very hard to make sure their guests are taken care of. I knew several people on our return trip, so it was like visiting our second home. I have no qualms about returning again in the future, for medical or vacation, knowing that any of my concerns would be addressed in a prompt and fair manner.

Overall, the ranch is a beautiful, peaceful, safe place to heal and I will definitely recommend it to anyone who needs to get major medical or dental work done at affordable prices by more than competent doctors.

Thank you again, Ruben, our very gracious host!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
La Quinta, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was there for 2 weeks. I didn't have heat in my room fo 5 nights, no phone for three days, construction noise until after 8pm. Rubin and his wife always had excuses. They pointed out that this was not a 5star hotel
I just can not recommend this recovery center. It is too far from anything, especially the drs. We were at the mercy of scheduling with all patients. We have to wait many times for at least an hour for our rides back. One car I was in broke down with me and someone just out of surgery.
It was a most frightening experience .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Port Charlotte, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed there after having dental work. I called them after I was done with the dentist and ruben refused to pick me up, he said that since he picked me up form another place before he will not pick me up at this place, although the first place was where i got x-rays, i needed to be there only once, all the other times i needed to be picked up at the dentist. Before i made reservations i told him what i needed to have done there. He did not say that transportation would be a problem. Since the ranch is far from the city where my dentist was it did not make sense to stay at his ranch and take cabs to dentist eveery day. So i stayed at another hotel near the dentist. Ruben was very rude to me and never gave me my money back.Food was not good, I was hungry after each meal. I did not have hot water for 2 days, also they had to fix the door that would not lock. Took them 2 days. My heater also did not work. Aver all I had a very unpleasant experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I can't tell you what a great experience staying at Che Tica Ranch was for me. I went by myself and from the moment I was picked up until I went to the airport, at 4am in the morning I felt I was treated like a queen. The positive support that I received and the care was far beyond my expectations. The cool air and the beautiful accommodations were perfect. The owners and staff were very professional and seemed to anticipate your needs before you did. I loved the little spots on the ranch that provided a short walk with great views. You could tell the owners put their hearts into making your experience the best it could be. My advise don't hesitate GO!

Room Tip: All great!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I'm not normally a 'review-er' but I wanted to take the time to say how truly amazing this place is and what a great experience I had..especially since I relied on these reviews alone when making my final decisions for my surgery abroad. The doctor I chose and everyone at Chetica Ranch truly surpassed my expectations. I went by myself for my surgery to Costa Rica which was a huge thing for me..and I always felt comfortable and taken care of. Ruben and Lorena have a wonderful family and they definitely make you feel right at home. The staff is truly amazing..every single one of them. All so compassionate and there to help in any way they can. Francis is the main nurse and she is an angel. Usually Francis or Ruben coordinate all your appointments so you never have to worry about it. The food was amazing! Delicious and healthy home cooked meals...which you can have brought to your room if you don't feel like going to the dining room to eat but I enjoyed very much eating with all the patients there and getting to know them. Everyone I met was wonderful. And of course, Rubens famous sunday bbq..I was excited about it before I even got there and it did not disappoint!! All the cottages are so cute and homey and have everything you need. They are also very big on cleanliness which I loved because I'm a bit of a clean freak. Their land is truly breath taking..I enjoyed sitting on the benches..just relaxing. It definitely is the most perfect place to heal. Everything went very smooth in my case and it felt like a mini vacation. My experience was amazing and I recommend Chetica in the highest regard. I've already sent 2 friends there!! I will definitely be back to visit sometime in the near future!! :) Shaina

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I came here on June 17, 2013 for a 360 tummy tuck that I had researched for a year. My doctor sends his patients to CheTica & I am so thankful! This has been the BEST recovery I could have imagined. Ruben and Lorena, along with their staff go above and beyond. My private cottage is gorgeous & lacking no details! Beautiful scenery, incredible meals, gentle care & as much privacy as you desire! I have already planned my next surgery for 2014 & can't wait to get back! This is the place to rest, relax, recover, and just "be"! You couldn't pay me to stay anywhere else! Leaving July 9th and having a tough time with that thought!! Can't wait to get back here! I have more pictures if you are interested!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to CheTica Ranch? Share your experiences!